2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey Anthony: Why didn’t she testify? WKMG points to sidebar

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick warned defense attorney Cheney Mason that the defense would open the door up to Casey’s criminal activity by talking about family dysfunction.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton added: “You think you’re going to be able to keep out all the stealing if you start that, that’s what she’s saying?”

Burdick said: “There are hundreds of checks that she wrote on her mother’s account, hundreds.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ampaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

Morning All! So state is going to continue the rebuttal case today. Since DT depo'd the Gentiva IT worker yesterday, hopefully he will be on the stand today.

I think when the jury hears that CA lied for her under oath after her emphatic
'so help me God, Yes' they will see that ICA and CA both lie when it is advantageous for them.

This will backfire on CA Big Time! In her attempt to get ICA off, she may have just placed the final nail herself.

Off to get my cup of joe!
I've been thinking of that, too. In the one thread about lying to save your child from the death penalty, I said yes and I was quite emphatic that I would. But after watching Cindy, it was like a splash of cold water to my face.

Here's why.

The State is going to shove Cindy's lie down her throat and the jury is going to think, well, if her daughter were innocent, why would she need to lie? The mother must believe in her heart that KC is guilty.

So then what? IMO, Cindy has just screamed to the jury: SHE DID IT!

I was wrong to be willing to lie. Of course I would feel desperate to save my child from death, but perverting justice would just make things far worse, for him and for the grieving.

Morning All! So state is going to continue the rebuttal case today. Since DT depo'd the Gentiva IT worker yesterday, hopefully he will be on the stand today.

I think when the jury hears that CA lied for her under oath after her emphatic
'so help me God, Yes' they will see that ICA and CA both lie when it is advantageous for them.

This will backfire on CA Big Time! In her attempt to get ICA off, she may have just placed the final nail herself.

Off to get my cup of joe!

BBM

There have been so many times over the past 3 years when I really, really think Cindy is doing this on purpose.

After this trial finally ends, I intend to restore my computer back to factory, remove all websites referring Casey Anthony, Orlando news sites will go poof.
I absolutely want nothing on my computer Casey Anthony related ever again.

She will go to prison, and then I will turn the page.

My computer guy calls that a DYNA DOUCHE ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Time to get ready for work and go into lurker mode. I pray today will seal the gaps (not that there are many IMO). I'll see you all tomorrow, hang in there.

If rebuttal is short today, will they do closing arguments today?

Lippman was on last night saying that Cindy did some banking on that day, and that she maintained that she performed the searches on chlorophyll and chloroform. Didn't someone on here post that Google's autocomplete wasn't even out yet when Cindy said the search engine prompted chloroform from chlorophyll? Is that true? If so, that would be some good information to have!

good morning -- feels weird today. No more answers -- not even the fake ones. I'll be glad when this is done, too.

I can't wait to hear what the SAs have for us today!

148632.gif
Good morning, here is the link for Tracey's interview on the Today Show.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/43605322#43605322

btw why do you guys think the State has not shown the jury the jailhouse letters?? Casey says she has a vague memory of George coming into her room at night but nothing more!!
There is other information contained in those letters that the jury might find useful.
I think for someone who wanted to believe ICA, the letters could be taken as, "Well, she WANTED to tell about the abuse, she was just too programmed not to even in the safety of jail that she stopped herself, isn't that sad?" I'd leave it out,too, and not even acknowledge the DT's theory, since it really has nothing to do with the murder of her sweet baby anyway.

I have appiontments all day so will miss state's rebuttal.Will catch up tonight.Even though DH threatens to throw the television out the window.Hoping and praying jury gets it and she is found guilty and spends the rest of her life in jail......Justice For Caylee Marie:woohoo:

Good morning everyone.

Do we know who else is to expected to testify other than the Gentiva witnesses? Doesn't sound like the prosecution plans on very many witnesses in their rebuttal since they said they'd only need 1/2 day and they took some of that time up yesterday.

IMO

BBM

Sociopaths can be slick like that, IMO. IIRC, Ted Bundy was likable too; well mannered, gregarious, charismatic. Sociopaths are skilled at putting on the mask of sanity. But it's all a sick act.

They really are wolves in sheep's clothing.

My opinions...

This is exactly why I was THRILLED she didn't testify..They may not have believed anything she said but there's a good chance their opinion of her personally (evil) would've changed..That would not have been a GOOD thing. imo

Don't know if this has been posted or not I just got here. Someone was wanting a way to receive a text once the verdict is reached

Good morning everyone

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Make sure you are signed up for a #CaseyAnthony verdict alert now! Get it via email or text! http://goo.gl/rwwiK

Good morning--- lol, I should let all my morning typos stand! :coffeecup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members