What questions are still unanswered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Aren't there some mental conditions that begin around the 20's? I recall reading that..We've heard she began lying fairly early on but that doesn't always=something seriously wrong with her..Some ppl are just liars & they don't always learn it from others either..It could be just coincidence that later on other far more serious symptoms began to emerge.

Borderline Personality Disorder is a major mental disorder that begins in the late teens, and early 20s in females.
Borderline Personality Disorder has been documented in cases of child abuse and mothers who have killed their children.
From what I've read: BPD is very difficult for therapists to treat; and there isn't a known "cure."

An article that explains some characteristics of BPD:
http://www.newharbinger.com/PsychSolve/BorderlinePersonalityDisorder/tabid/117/Default.aspx

Why did JB say in his opening statements that CA will testify that she directed the PIs to Suburban Drive in November and then put her on the stand to deny it? She was even on his side at this point... did she forget she was supposed to agree with him?

She definitely planned to be with Tony that night without Caylee because she told her GA and I believe CA that she and Caylee would be staying at the nannys that night. So she definitely had some 'plan' in her mind that didn't include Caylee.
Just a question - I keep reading about this 'fight' that CA and ICA had. I don't remember any of that coming out during the trial. Did I miss it?

I don't believe it was brought up in the trial and I have heard this story(about the fight) many times before. I too wonder why the SA didn't bring this out to the jury..Sure establishes motive...

I too had a simple question...WHY??
Reading last night I came across the Aug 21, 2008 LE interview on acandyrose of Shirley (CA's mom) and if I read her responses correctly she stated she wondered sometimes: (paraphrase) if Casey hated her mother more than she loved that child. In context Shirley was answering questions about KC being jealous of CA and little Caylee. It froze me in my tracks. Thinking about the 31 days she was missing and CA begging her to let her speak with, or see Caylee.
Words just can't...

I too had a simple question...WHY??
Reading last night I came across the Aug 21, 2008 LE interview on acandyrose of Shirley (CA's mom) and if I read her responses correctly she stated she wondered sometimes: (paraphrase) if Casey hated her mother more than she loved that child. In context Shirley was answering questions about KC being jealous of CA and little Caylee. It froze me in my tracks. Thinking about the 31 days she was missing and CA begging her to let her speak with, or see Caylee.
Words just can't...

Not a doubt in my mind that Casey was jealous of Caylee. Caylee had all of GA's and CA's attention now.........she was the star and Casey couldn't deal with it...

And I have thought this for a very long time, Casey killed Caylee to spite Cindy....hurt her in the worse way she could and she did just that..........

Is it possible she rubbed it on Caylee's gums to get her to sleep?

That's what I wondered (but still there are easily medications to use to get a child to fall asleep rather than concocting chloroform and dosing your child by rubbing it on their gums KWIM? But then again who knows with KC?)

I had also wondered if....she used just a bit to get her to fall asleep. She laid Caylee in the trunk so she could go visit her BF and didn't have a babysitter.

Did she toss something that either contained the chloroform or had chloroform on it or did she unknowingly spill chloroform or knowlingly spilled it but was unaware of the ramificatons of spilling it in the trunk that when she placed Caylee in there the chloroform which is heavier than air settled to the bottom of the trunk, where Caylee laid and that is what killed Caylee.

Panic at finding her dead, make it look like a kidnapping---etc....

But again I go back and forth and play with this theory and that theory---I don't have a set theory but a few I consider from time to time...JMHO

(even this scenario is felony murder IMHO)

If Caylee was chloroformed for Casey to go party, be with boyfriend, etc: where did she keep Caylee? Was she placed in the trunk of the car? If so, how long was Caylee in the trunk? Caylee could have died from overheating inside of the car. OR Caylee could have woken up and started crying or screaming to get out. Then Casey would have been in deep ****. I don't believe she was drugging her kid with chloroform so she could go out. Too risky to be found out. Caylee was murdered. JMO

I'm not sure if George lied about seeing ICA and Caylee on the 16th...or if he's simply mistaken?
But, I do find it extremely odd/strange that he remembers so many details about how Caylee was dressed. There's simply no reason for him to remember such details.

Today - my husband has been in-and-out of the house all day: I know he's wearing light blue-colored jeans - and I "think" he's wearing a polo shirt...BUT, I couldn't swear exactly what type shirt he's wearing or what color it is????

I can't understand why George would lie about this, either. If he didn't see ICA and Caylee - why would he lie and say he did?

I'm not sure if George lied about seeing ICA and Caylee on the 16th...or if he's simply mistaken?
But, I do find it extremely odd/strange that he remembers so many details about how Caylee was dressed. There's simply no reason for him to remember such details.

Today - my husband has been in-and-out of the house all day: I know he's wearing light blue-colored jeans - and I "think" he's wearing a polo shirt...BUT, I couldn't swear exactly what type shirt he's wearing or what color it is????

I can't understand why George would lie about this, either. If he didn't see ICA and Caylee - why would he lie and say he did?

There is a new thread just posted where the ex-wife of Rick, Cindy's brother, claims that Cindy called her mother to tell her about the fight on the 15th and that the car and both Caylee and Casey were gone by the time Cindy woke up on the 16th (whew!) Check it out!

I don't believe it was brought up in the trial and I have heard this story(about the fight) many times before. I too wonder why the SA didn't bring this out to the jury..Sure establishes motive...

I guess because the Anthonys apparently denied it under oath in their earlier depositions...but it surely is something that I believe happened and believe the jury should have heard about. I wish it had come out.

I think George was suspicious of Casey having a job so he noticed what she'd be wearing.

I just started reading Diane Fanning's book about this case last night, having ordered a used copy from Amazon which arrived yesterday.

From reading about Casey's early life, there is absolutely nothing that stands out until her senior year in high school, when friends say she stopped going to classes, and ultimately did not graduate. During this same period she and her father were having major problems. Yet there is not so much as a clue as to what these problems are about or what started them. In school, up until her senior year, Casey seems to have been a very average girl, ran track, hung out with girlfriends, talked about boys, etc...and a year or so later, she is pregnant and no one acknowledges it.

So it appears that whatever happened to Casey to make her the way she is now either happened when she was 18, or came to a boil at that time. It was apparent, from the book, that Cindy ruled the roost and everyone deferred to her. She herself had been a pampered only girl child in a house full of boys.

It's just really hard to see the progression of a "typical" sociopath here...usually there are countless incidents during the years of between maybe 10-16 years of age that point to a deranged personality. Perhaps Casey did have some such incidents, but if so, there is no sign of them, no rumors, no stories that came out later. Very surprising to me and leaves a lot of questions.

I think that what happened to KC at age 18 was that she was expected to become an adult and didn't like it. Senior year you start planning your future, your path as an adult. KC was a babied princess and suddenly she needs a job, college - responsibility for herself. That can be a hard transition for anyone, but especially someone who's been given everything and never had to earn anything. I also don't think anyone prepared KC for this transition to adulthood; I think the end of her pampered childhood came as a complete surprise to her.

What happened to the inflatable bed that KC would keep in her car, which CA acknowledged in one of her depositions?

I'm sure I'll think of more (some of my questions have already been asked on this thread, too), but here are a few I have, for now:

1) Why didn't Tony smell the decomp odor when he picked up Casey that time she ran out of gas close to her home?

2) When George saw something in Casey's trunk on the 24th of June that he said looked like "laundry"... was that actually Caylee's body in a laundry bag? And, why didn't George smell anything that day? Or did he?

3) Why didn't LE have the cadaver dogs search INSIDE the Anthony home?

4) What was the real reason that Casey showed up at Jesse's apartment wanting to "take a shower". Did she really only want to take a shower, or was she up to something else?

5) Did the syringe in the gatorade bottle belong to Jesse?

BBM:

My theory on the car stink is this: the car didn't smell when it was closed. Like the smell wasn't wafting up from it, IMO. Perhaps, if you weren't too close, and the air was moving, you wouldn't smell it.

One guy who testified that he opened the car door, and the smell hit then. I don't know, does that make sense?

On number five on your list, why would we tie a syringe to Jesse? Is he know for using them?

That's what I wondered (but still there are easily medications to use to get a child to fall asleep rather than concocting chloroform and dosing your child by rubbing it on their gums KWIM? But then again who knows with KC?)

I had also wondered if....she used just a bit to get her to fall asleep. She laid Caylee in the trunk so she could go visit her BF and didn't have a babysitter.

Did she toss something that either contained the chloroform or had chloroform on it or did she unknowingly spill chloroform or knowlingly spilled it but was unaware of the ramificatons of spilling it in the trunk that when she placed Caylee in there the chloroform which is heavier than air settled to the bottom of the trunk, where Caylee laid and that is what killed Caylee.

But again I go back and forth and play with this theory and that theory---I don't have a set theory but a few I consider from time to time...JMHO

Great post, and I agree with your bolded comment. To paraphrase Dr. G, there is no good reason to have your child in a car trunk, or to be anywhere near chloroform.

Either or both of these actions by ICA, even with no duct tape or garbage bags or even injury to Caylee, should be a felony conviction, because of the extreme, reckless risk involved. The 31 day (and, for all we know, indefinite) delay in reporting Caylee should be another felony.

:rocker:

I don't have a moments misgiving the SA proved their case beyond ANY doubt whatsoever.

When I see the opinion "I know she did something I just don't know what" It makes me wonder how much evidence people need to realize she needs to be incarcerated forever.

1. The duct tape was around Caylee's mouth, if, as the DT would have us believe it migrated there, Caylee's jaw would already have been disarticulated. It could not have scooped up the lower mandible and repositioned it anatomically perfectly.

2. There is no reason to duct tape a little girl unless, a. You want to go out and party and this is the best baby sitter you can get or b. You are a resentful *advertiser censored* who wants to be mommy's little girl forever and snot nose has usurped your position in the family.
Either way it is murder 1

3. If it were an accident you wouldn't need to hide the body, no one I know would coverup an accident with a murder, not even if you were scared of your mother.

The fact we never saw this happen means nothing, there is no other explanation, there was duct tape on Caylee because mommy put it there. The only thing we don't know 100% is did she use the chloroform that day or not but we know the probability was she did at some time use it.

I have never had any doubt Cindy knew or suspected before anyone that KC had murdered her baby.

I never for one moment thought this was an accident and I wouldn't need to see anything else, it is proved beyond reasonable doubt. It really doesn't matter if the duct tape or chloroform killed her we just know she did kill Caylee one way or another and that's enough with all the aggravating circumstances for 1st deg. murder.

Excellent post. If ICA used duct tape alone as the murder weapon, I assume she would have had to tape Caylee's hands very tightly to prevent her removing the tape just enough to breath. Even taping her wrists might have been insufficient to kill her.

Therefore, unanswered question: What exactly is the history of the fourth piece of duct tape found at the wooded site? Did this tape bind Caylee in some fashion?

Since the tape on the face was evidently bound to the hair, it apparently was not a temporary "baby-sitting" device, but was meant to be permanent.

I agree ICA did not use the tape to cover up an accident by fabricating a kidnapping: This would put ICA at great risk of being accused of murder, if the body was later found with the tape. This risk would outweigh the benefit of the "cover-up" itself.

But maybe I'm giving ICA too much credit for logical thought.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I agree. If it truly were an accident she wouldn't have concocted such a crazy story that came out in OS. She would just have admitted it was an accident and come clean. But instead she had to keep her hands completely clean and blame others like she's done all along b/c it's NEVER her fault.

This leads me to this unanswered question:

According to ICA's defense lawyers, why precisely did ICA not report Caylee's pool accident? Did GA threaten ICA with grave harm if she did report it?

If so, why did ICA decide to report the pool accident, through JB, on Day One of the trial? If ICa had a proper motive for hiding the pool theory for 3 years, why did this motive disappear for ICA the day the trial started?

:banghead:

According to ICA's defense lawyers, why precisely did ICA not report Caylee's pool accident? Did GA threaten ICA with grave harm if she did report it?

If so, why did ICA decide to report the pool accident, through JB, on Day One of the trial? If ICa had a proper motive for hiding the pool theory for 3 years, why did this motive disappear for ICA the day the trial started?

Why not ask George while he was on the stand? Why wouldn't you ask him about the drowning?

That's why the OS is so crazy. It makes no sense why they (if you believe JB's OS) didn't just report it if it was indeed an accident. And JB claims that ICA lied b/c of the sexual abuse. "she was taught to lie from a young age"

And I think not following through with their OS they screwed up big time. I don't have a clue what JB is thinking....:waitasec:

This is what I thought too but looking at the computer searches and the fact that this seemed to happen at an opportune time where no one was around, makes me think otherwise. Also, which I guess they couldn't substantiate, were diary entries Casey had made that referenced 'I give life, therefore I can take it away' something to that effect. It never came out in the trial but I remember the diary entries being damning to me early on, before I think Caylee was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member