2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder in which order they will decide? Most serious charges first or last? It seems the lying to LE would be a breeze, get that done in the time it takes to listen to her lying at Universal...

I'm not worried about the verdict, not even Juror #4. This is not the OJ dream team, and this is not a prosecution that was unprepared for the media scrutiny, and this was not a judge who could not make up his mind.

Excellent points, all. I would like to add, with the passage of time many have forgotten the racially charged atmoshphere of the time in general and the City of Los Angeles in particular. The OJ case was just after the Los Angeless riots caused by the aquittal of the cops who beat up Rodney King. Jonny Chochoran put on that ski cap & marched up and down in front of the jury saying over & over "send a message". And thus, OJ Simpson became THE most unlikely symbol for 'black America' sending a message to 'the man'.

As much as the OJ jury lurks fearfully in the back of the mind for many of us . . . no need to fear. Casey Anthony, AKA "the no good lying *advertiser censored*", will be found guilty of murder, first degree.

@bobkealingbob kealing
#CaseyAnthnoy Court administrator sez jury won't go past 6pm tonight unless they're close to decision.

I never for one moment thought the defense team was even close to adequate, add to this some very dirty tricks and I think they turned dislike of their client into hate in some cases. They were not focused on any real defense but on selling Baez as a hot shot attorney. I was not worried for an instant and trusted the SA would bring it all together in the end.

Imagine my surprise when a lot of people began to second guess everything, yet the facts hadn't changed just Baez was also allowed to lie with apparent impunity. The DT was smoke and mirrors, they lied misconstrued and invented and I guess I felt a little betrayed when a lot went along with it. I"m sorry I feel this way but it seemed like people were running from one side of a ship to another the canting pretty much depending on who was the attorney of the moment.

I turned on Websleuths radio because I needed some common sense and a little bolstering only to hear RH praising Baez to the rooftops on what I thought was screamingly desperate defense lasting 4 very long hours.
I couldn't deal with it and just turned it off.

The SA did an amazing job today and it will always be amazing, even when as the hours tick by and the doubts creep back in for some.

Scamperoo - get out of my brain!!!

Yes, the doubters amaze me and RH - well what can I say....

LDB was phenomenal as we knew she would be. All evidence points to ICA and no one else. Pre-meditation can happen between one piece of duct tape and two - although I pray that poor child was medicated.

I was also proud that LDB "rehabilitated" George, but Cindy - not so much. A nod to her love and panic about Caylee, but that was it. LDB did not forgive nor forget her betrayal.

I feel confident the jury will return a guilty verdict on the most serious and severe charges. This was a heinous and cruel murder if I ever saw one.

Smoke and mirrors Mr. Baez, gets you....smoke and mirrors. And that's it. Enjoy looking at yourself in that mirror, because despite the smoke, all that will be staring back at you will be your own reflection, and not the prize of fame and fortune you wanted.

AS ICA.....Zooey Deschanel!!!

Attachments

• Zooey Deschanel.jpg
    Zooey Deschanel.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 10
Peeps! Hallo! :seeya:

While we wait (and wait, and wait, good heavens it's been over 2 hours where are they?), PLEASE NOTE the following:

- We understand and share in the range of emotions WSers are experiencing right now.

- TOS still applies.

We've made it this far together and I for one want to be here for the verdict with every single one of you.

:tyou: for exhibiting restraint and decorum in an extremely difficult time. YOU are what makes WS the premier true-crime forum on the internet!

I think they have a special room for the lawyers to wait if a verdict comes in today. SA's offices are probably in that building. That's what we had during my daughter's civil trial. It took a month and the jury was back in two hours. It seemed like forever.

Yes I heard that as well, and Cheney Mason's Office is diagonal from the courthouse,
so the DT would also be nearby.
Back to watching JA Cs -up to Casey 3.0

Why oh why didn't the cameras catch that inappropriate interlude between Jose and KC? Unbelievable stuff! :eek:

@bobkealingbob kealing
#CaseyAnthnoy Court administrator sez jury won't go past 6pm tonight unless they're close to decision.

Good clue! So if they're still deliberating at 7:00 pm, we'll know the are close!

Even with the woman who was not comfortable with 'judging others' and the worries about that I have resolved that I am confident that Judge Perry knew what he was doing when he ok'd her for jury duty.

I have at times wondered if ICA has another blue dress (and maybe it's not even a dress or blue, but remember the last huge news story with a blue dress)
....do ya need a hint? .........Clinton.......

Maybe JB has first hand knowledge of ICA's sluttiness, but also maybe ICA was smart enough to save the proverbial "blue dress" and has that against JB. Does that make any sense? Its a very twisted thought, but this case has brought out so many twists and turns my mind just seems to go to...what's the twist?

Ohhhh, your mind is working right there on "Casey" level!

Wouldn't that be a fine kettle of fish (hehehe) if she insisted on keeping him for her lawyer just because she has something like that on him for back-up?

Wahhhh! Poor me, my lawyer seduced me into going along with those lies about incest! He lost the case because he was too busy manipulating me! Wahhh-ha-haaaa!

That scenerio is total speculation, of course, but the carressing is way out of bounds in my opinion. Why would Mrs. Baez put up with that kind of public display? Yuck!

Jean Casarez - At close today, Baez got on one knee talking to her. Casey rubbed his face. Ok what?????

OMG that ------ should be disbarred He and ICA are way too close for an attorney and client that is disgusting if true IMO:sick:

Jeez Louise, I am a bundle of nerves! Got the munchies, BAD. Would LUV some key lime pie:

PIE.png

I hit 'thanks' by the first sentence of the second paragraph. I know exactly what you are saying. I thought Jose did a horrible job throughout most of this trial, and I thought his closing was awful. Some of it was what I considered a tad shy of histrionics, and quite a bit of it consisted of nothing more than disparaging remarks, insults, and name calling of LE, witnesses, family, friends, etc. FGS, paraphrasing, Jose Baez basically accused George Anthony of not being a father at all because he wouldn't lie for ICA and take the blame for ICA. Unbelievable. And then, it's talking heads saying what a great job Baez did, and people being swayed by what I considered DT twisting of evidence and outright lies.

I thought Jeff A. did a fantastic job of pretty much putting in black and white just exactly what the DT was trying to sell, and by doing that, IMO, showed just exactly how ridiculous the whole thing is.

I'm not worried about the verdict, not even Juror #4. This is not the OJ dream team, and this is not a prosecution that was unprepared for the media scrutiny, and this was not a judge who could not make up his mind.

To multi-quote:

Go to first post you want to quote. Click on the icon at the bottom right that has the quote mark and the + sign on top of a piece of paper. Go to next post you wish to quote. Click same icon. When you get to last post you want to quote, click on the regular "quote" icon.

Et voila!

Thank you so very much!!

Oh geez I pictured like with one finger and that was bad enough. :sick:

Just don't draw a negative association with me as the messenger! I tried to warn in every way possible! LOL

To cleanse your mind think about "The Good Life" always being behind ICA. I love the irony of it being on her back where she will never see it - just like the good life she left behind. <-------That always cheers me up! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member