2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it about "her hands" that bother me? Every time I see them, I have a weird feeling??

I've been trying to figure that out too! Something weird. Maybe it's that the shape? Looks like the tips of her fingers are more narrow than they should be. Pointy fingers. Dunno but there is something.

Do you think the jurors will be on NG after this is all over?

I have a few questions if someone knows the answer.....my memory is foggy this morning..

1. If the jury returns a verdict of GUILTY of 1st Degree Murder WITH Premeditation, the death penalty comes into play and we WILL have a penalty phase, correct?

2. If the jury returns a verdict of GUILTY of 1st Degree FELONY Murder tat would carry an AUTOMATIC LWOP and there would NOT be a penalty phase, correct?

With all due respect, I just do not think of him as a good guy.

His ex wife had to take him to court to get child support.

Okay, on its surface, it sounds horrible to read that his ex-wife took him to court to get child support. But there are nuances to everything, and his situation may not have been so black-and-white.

For example, my ex once took me to court to get child support. Sounds horrible, right? The fact is, I had been paying him informal CS (without a court order) for the few months that he'd had mutually agreed-upon physical custody of our child. But he then decided that he wanted MORE money, and he also decided that he wanted me to pay to put her in private school and for some "future" orthodontic work that he predicted she might need later (she never did). This was all in spite of the fact that he never paid me a dime when I had sole custody, and I had never taken him to court or received any type of child support. So he took me to court.

This is just to show that sometimes "facts" in print or on the rumor mill circulation don't always tell the full story, not that I personally think JB is a stellar guy. ;)

Nothing can be funnier than JVM yesterday, who stops in mid-interview to see that the Defense attorneys had left the courthouse, and ran, mullet flapping...as she ran with her camera man to try and ask questions of Mason (who ignored her) and Jose (who did sort of talk to her...) but she was breathless as she screamed, "Hey...JOSE!!! We've talked before...yada yada yada" it was hilarious. I laughed inspite of myself.

I have a few questions if someone knows the answer.....my memory is foggy this morning..

1. If the jury returns a verdict of GUILTY of 1st Degree Murder WITH Premeditation, the death penalty comes into play and we WILL have a penalty phase, correct?

2. If the jury returns a verdict of GUILTY of 1st Degree FELONY Murder tat would carry an AUTOMATIC LWOP and there would NOT be a penalty phase, correct?
Penalty phase on both. If it's 1st degree she is eligible for the death penalty.

I don't like JB in the court room. I didn't like him on TV doing interviews... I do not like him as a lawyer and it's not personally designed to him, it just that I am not a fan of most criminal defense lawyers...well...lol unless they are a Florida Gator (Hornsby) :blush:

But, outside of the law, and the courtroom, I bet he's a pretty okay guy. Sure, he's made mistakes in his life (child support) but he has served his country and it takes a special kind to do that. He may not be such a bad guy.

Morning everyone! :seeya:

It was so great to sleep in! I'm back to work today but have the text and email alerts set up if we get word today, I am hoping to be able to rush here.

I dreamt about JA and JB sparring last night - LOL.

Here's hoping we get good news today!

Nothing can be funnier than JVM yesterday, who stops in mid-interview to see that the Defense attorneys had left the courthouse, and ran, mullet flapping...as she ran with her camera man to try and ask questions of Mason (who ignored her) and Jose (who did sort of talk to her...) but she was breathless as she screamed, "Hey...JOSE!!! We've talked before...yada yada yada" it was hilarious. I laughed inspite of myself.

Was that when she bolted from the woman in the wheelchair?

No. Premeditation and Felony Murder are both 1st degree murder. In both cases there would be a penalty phase for LWOP or DP.

Oddly, WFTV just said they've heard HHJP won't give her the DP and more on that later.

Huh? How would they know this or even speculate on this? Bizarre.

I think that statement is so people will stay tuned in.

I've been trying to figure that out too! Something weird. Maybe it's that the shape? Looks like the tips of her fingers are more narrow than they should be. Pointy fingers. Dunno but there is something.

fwiw I feel there's a very bad/negative (murderous) energy (aura) in general emanating from her hands. I can see/feel it, anyhow...

Lets not confuse the few husbands mentioned on the thread (the ones who think George had something to do with this) with the jurors. The jurors will not make this same mistake in weighing the evidence testified to in court.

I'm definitely not a JB fan, but sheesh, I think this is kinda cute. I mean, they have all had these camera men/women in their faces all day every day for what, almost 2 months...he's just 'acknowledging' the person in what he thinks is an amusing way, IMO, as he walks down the hall.[/QUOTE

I think it's very unprofessional with his client facing the death penalty.

Yes I agree JB does blab on and on and mutters at times. He needs to work on that, but other than that I think he did a good job. I'm sure Casey hasnt been the easiest person to work with either. Now I do believe that Casey could have gotten someone else, even Mark Geragos probably.

Someone said he lied, I dont think thats really how its put if you are a defense attorney. It is the truth according to your client and a strategy. Thats what Defense attorneys do.

He has to be told over and over how to introduce evidence. He had to ask to the court to strike HIS OWN questioning of a witness. He has no idea what objections apply in which circumstances. The Judge has to cover his mouth so the jury doesn't see him laughing at him. :banghead: If he would just learn from his mistake MAYBE I could have some hope for him....

If I would ever be tempted to find anything "cute" about Baez, I would just remind myself of the 3 years of smarm, smirks, trickery, dirty deals, LYING, what he did to Stan Strickland, the ABC money, his broadsiding of Tim Miller, his instructions to Dominic Casey, his "unique opportunity", the necessity of a Court Order in order to make him stop his "trial by ambush", his blatant and willful disregard of that Court Order - repeatedly, his baiting of the State's Attorneys, his whining, his insincere apology to avoid further Contempt charges, his blatant disregard of the stipulation he signed to avoid those same charges, his "hold the check please" bad funds, his contantly disregarding a sustained objection and just saying whatever he wanted anyway, his mockery of the legal system by not knowing how to ask questions w/o leading during his CIC, his inability to reform questions, his refusal to take responsibility for anything from what happens in court all the way back to CHILD SUPPORT for the family he walked out on, and his flagrant, slithering, purposeful disrespect for the court, HHJP and anyone that is not named Jose Baez.

Nah, not so "cute".

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members