2011.07.08 - Dateline NBC

Then did he ever find it odd that her car trunk was full of old garbage from Tony's apt---like an old tin full of spit tobacco and old food wrappers?

WHY would she complain about the smell in her car and then leave bags of old garbage in the trunk? Especially if she was such a clean freak.

I don't think he was implying "cleanliness" was her positive trait but that the "action of cleaning" for others itself was the positive trait.
Sorry if my post was not clear.

ETA
I moved my original post to the HNL coverage thread where it belonged.
My apologies

There was IIRC several nurses, a government teacher, a PE teacher, a chef...I could look it up the rest...where are the "uneducated"? The jury is meant to be made up of your peers, not attorneys, doctors and phds.

There was a 32 year old nursing STUDENT (jennifer ford who makes no sense in her interviews) and a retired nurse and retired nurse's aide. We don't know what kind of Nurse they were. Kim Zolciak of RHoATL also was an LPN once.
I'm not trying to diminish their intellect, but I'm also not going to embellish it.
There was also a lady who said she spends most of her time playing computer games like Farmville. A guy who works at Verizon. A logger. A grocery store worker. Most of their jobs do not require advanced degree. After hearing several of them speak, It would have been better to have highly educated people rather than Casey's 'peers' IMO.
Again, I truly am not insulting these people. They made the choice the did and have to live with it. But the fact, IMO, that 2 of those people were convinced she was Guilty of Murder 1 and SIX were convinced she was guilty of Manslaughter, and then they let her walk free.... :banghead: :banghead:

And again, Just my opinion. Yes I am still bitter at this jury. I just feel like it's pretty much sending a message that you do not have to be held responsible for YOUR OWN children at all, as long as it's not proven that you murdered them. Why isn't she held accountable for not reporting the death at all? Or for going along with a cover-up (if they believe that is what happened)?

There are lots of mothers who hurt or kill their children and report it very soon after and pretend like they didn't do anything. This is how they are caught quickly as being the culprits, because so much evidence is still available.
To me this verdict is just going to give future psychos the idea to get rid of their child and not report them and wait for them to decompose to the point where nothing can be 100% conclusive, and it's a scary thought. IMO

The thing these jurors overlook is good mothers and fathers kill their children all the time. It happens unfortunatley. I've brought this up before but Susan Smith was proved to be a good mother and never abused her children, yet she drowned her kids in the lake. The list goes on.

I swear these jurors act like they live on a cloud somewhere that it doesn't happen and Casey lived with them there at this magical place. So that must mean she couldn't have done it. It just tells me they had their minds made up about her from the start.

Yes, that alt. juror watched her 'body language' and decided she was SINCERE.
I guess it didn't matter that she lied her arse off for 31 days. Because he watched her close and she looked sincere to him. I just cannot get past that moronic statement. How can the biggest PROVEN LIAR in the nation be given the label "SINCERE" by one of the jurors?

I guess it didn't matter that she lied her arse off for 31 days. Because he watched her close and she looked sincere to him. I just cannot get past that moronic statement. How can the biggest PROVEN LIAR in the nation be given the label "SINCERE" by one of the jurors?
In addition, she never spoke in front of the jury, so how could he tell? He should look at the videos and see how she acted when the jury was not in the room. Especially when they showed the pics of Caylee's bones and skull. :confused:

I couldn't believe how arrogant and inappropriately KC was acting in that courtroom! She was NOT a sympathetic defendant in the least. Add that to JB's antics and any other jury would have convicted on that alone!

In addition, she never spoke in front of the jury, so how could he tell? He should look at the videos and see how she acted when the jury was not in the room. Especially when they showed the pics of Caylee's bones and skull. :confused:

So he admitted that her little 'act' worked for him. Her sniffling and dry heaving, her low chair, her librarian hair bun and dowdy ruffled clothing. It worked like a charm. She looked SINCERE. She lied to the people trying to find her child for over a month, and the juror KNEW that fact, but he still decided after DELIBERATION that she WAS SINCERE. [ sincere = honest, free from deceit or duplicity.]

I couldn't believe how arrogant and inappropriately KC was acting in that courtroom! She was NOT a sympathetic defendant in the least. Add that to JB's antics and any other jury would have convicted on that alone!

And yet from what the 3 jurors have said publicly, they all liked Baez a lot. They liked his 'style.' And they thought the state team was not nice enough to them.

And they thought she was SINCERE and probably told the truth about the pool accident. And they totally rejected all of the states evidence and witness testimony as unproven, YET two of them said they believed George was there and involved and one said he took the possible sexual abuse into account.

They basically listened to Baez's opening fairy tale, accepted it hook, line and sinker, then zoned out and enjoyed their little vacation until it was time to checkout.

Can you imagine being the child of one of these jurors?

Mom: "Okay, who ate the cookies after I told you not to?"

Child: "It wasn't me."

Mom: "Well then, I don't know what happened to them. Now go wash those crumbs off your face and let's get you ready for bed."

That's precisely the point. If the SAO had been able to show "crumbs", we wouldn't be having this debate. There weren't crumbs. I understand circumstantial evidence and the context in which it is to be utilized and considered in a criminal court proceeding, and I would not have convicted either. The more I examine the verdict and the aftermath, I'm amazed she was charged with Murder 1. I think the charges had more to do with ego on the part of the prosecutor than any supposed "outrage" over ICAs acts. The fact that the next day JA was all over the media supports that notion. After such a heart wrenching loss and stunning outcome, you'd think the last thing he'd do is a press junket.

And yet from what the 3 jurors have said publicly, they all liked Baez a lot. They liked his 'style.' And they thought the state team was not nice enough to them.

And they thought she was SINCERE and probably told the truth about the pool accident. And they totally rejected all of the states evidence and witness testimony as unproven, YET two of them said they believed George was there and involved and one said he took the possible sexual abuse into account.

They basically listened to Baez's opening fairy tale, accepted it hook, line and sinker, then zoned out and enjoyed their little vacation until it was time to checkout.

I guess all that standing up for the jury has now gone to their heads. The SAs should have kissed their arses. The SAs spent three years of their lives pouring over evidence and looking at gruesome pictures of Caylee's skeletal remains and her dump site and they weren't cheery enough for them? Unbelievable.

IMO

I swear to God I am on the WRONG PLANET. :crazy:

Does he even know the definition of sincere?

I think not.

Right. I recall Juror #5 in the SP case (the side salad guy) got in trouble for talking to one of the lawyers on his way into the court house one day, and was eventually thrown off the jury.

I think he was the brainiac that said pregnant women act all crazy or something like that. He was definitely on Scott's side when he got the boot.

I wish JBP would have granted the DT's 50th request for a mistrial.

IMO

I think she did testify and that's another thing that ticks me off about the whole thing. She sat staring straight at the jury and with every witness she'd shake her head to indicate they were 'lying', she'd mouth words pretty easy to lip-read, if the testimony was sympathetic towards her she'd attempt to cry as if she agreed with it. She testified the whole time without having to be cross-examined. JMO

I didn't watch the show and am very tired of watching all of the replay crud they are playing over and over but will hopefully catch it on youtube or somewhere....unless someone has a link to it online. But what gets me the most is the fact that they are so uneducated (the jurors) that they couldn't grasp even ASKING a question of the judge? Puhleeze.......I'm just sick. And don't even get me started with the one asking for such a large sum of money......it's SICK.

Can you cite one other case ever in which someone tried to make a child's accidental death look like murder?

BBM
...and this is EXACTLY when common sense takes over and when coupled with a ton of circumstantial evidence.. becomes enough to determine guilt. We ALL make judgments every moment of our days and rarely do we have "all the facts" or information laid out for us in a neat tidy row to make determinations on. Casey is GUILTY. Her behavior, her actions...the evidence that does exist, in conjunction with common sense ... all tells us so. Would I convict her on the death penalty for what I believe? No..there are variables involved, primarily the premeditation vs impulse of the murder. Would I convict her on a lesser murder charge based on what my own common sense tells me in spite of not knowing for sure if premeditation was involved??????? YEEEEEEES

I might not know all the ins and outs of why and how she did it ... but for whatever reason... she DID do it.. she covered up a murder. Whether she had help or not.. is a moot point for me. She COVERED UP A CHILD"S MURDER. The dead child was in HER car that she drove around constantly. We are supposed to believe that George loaded the baby in HER car.. left the child's body in there for DAYS and when Casey noticed the smell she never connected her dead child could be in her trunk? Gimme a freaking break. She alone did NOT call the police. She did NOT seek help from anyone. Instead she had fun. Those photos do not lie, her friends did not lie.. she had FUN in those 31 days. She enjoyed herself, completely and without reservation. She alone was responsible for that child. She died on HER watch.. and NO one tries to make an accidental death look like a murder when it can be traced back to yourself so easily and then holds on to that lie for over three years when the child's body is found and then is arrested, charged and in prison. NO ONE!!!!!!!!! And this folks.. is where common sense comes in to full play.. SHE IS GUILTY. End of story.

Pat

The point being is that it was COMPLETE SPECULATION that the tape had ever covered her mouth. In the end 12 people found reasonable doubt that that was not how she died.

The Jury determined it was an accident based on COMPLETE SPECULATION. When asked about the decomp in the car and other evidence the jurors gave INACCURATE statements about what had been testified to. They either didn't listen to the facts or chose to ignore them which makes them sound uneducated whether they or not. I personally don't believe that you have to have an education to use common sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back