Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

1 year. My thoughts are with Julie Ann and her family.

============

It's been nearly a year to the day and still no sign of missing Austin woman and mom, Julie Ann Gonzalez.

As the days go by, police say it’s less and less likely Gonzalez voluntarily left the city.

Police say her estranged husband has been, and is currently, the only person of interest in the case.

[snipped]

Full article and video at link: http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=131476

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 23, 2011

Statement regarding Julie Ann Gonzalez from the Austin Police Department

On March 27, 2010 Julie Ann Gonzalez was reported missing. Initially it appeared that Julie’s disappearance was voluntary based on text messages sent to Julie’s family and friends from her cell phone. However, the length of time since Julie’s last communication with family and other information uncovered causes concern about Julie’s welfare. While​

voluntary withdrawal cannot be conclusively eliminated as a possibility, it becomes more unlikely as each day passes without contact from Julie.​

A team of investigators from the Austin Police Department Violent Crimes Command have been investigating this case. During the investigation, APD gathered information that led us to believe that her disappearance may not have been voluntary. On May 14, 2010, APD executed a search warrant at the residence of George De La Cruz, Julie’s estranged​

husband. In that search warrant, detectives asked for numerous items of evidence that they believed would be found at the residence. While some items were seized that may be of evidentiary value, not all items sought were found.​

At this time, George De La Cruz is considered a person of interest and it is believed that he has information that could be of great assistance to the investigation. De La Cruz has been interviewed in the past but is currently not cooperating with the investigation.​

In the best interest of this investigation, APD is unable to share additional information at this time.​

APD has been and continues to work diligently on this investigation. The investigation will not end until Julie’s family has the answers it seeks about what has happened to her. APD appreciates the assistance we have received from national, local media and tips from citizens. APD is grateful to the assistance of Julie’s family and their tireless efforts to keep her information in the public forum. The department urges anyone with information about Julie’s current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the Austin Police Department’s Homicide Tipline at 512-477-3588.​

Family not giving up on missing mom

[snipped]

"This last year has been like if time stopped," said Sandra Soto, Gonzalez's mother. "And time stopped when we reported her missing because we didn't celebrate holidays. We didn't celebrate birthdays ... We didn't celebrate Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving. We didn't do any of that. It was just too hard for us all."

Soto said they didn't want to recognize those days without her daughter and without knowing where she is.

"We can't enjoy, it's hard to enjoy anything ... not knowing where your child is."

Full article and video at link: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/family-not-giving-up-on-missing-mom

Family not giving up on missing mom

[snipped]

"This last year has been like if time stopped," said Sandra Soto, Gonzalez's mother. "And time stopped when we reported her missing because we didn't celebrate holidays. We didn't celebrate birthdays ... We didn't celebrate Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving. We didn't do any of that. It was just too hard for us all."

Soto said they didn't want to recognize those days without her daughter and without knowing where she is.

"We can't enjoy, it's hard to enjoy anything ... not knowing where your child is."

Full article and video at link: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/family-not-giving-up-on-missing-mom
The location where her car was found is highly suspicious, and not where it would point to her voluntarily disappearing. I feel sorry for her little daughter, who has now been without her mother for a year, and at her age won't remember her. Is the little girl with De La Cruz? :(

The Austin PD should really be ashamed of themselves.

They sat on their hands, while very important evidence was obviously covered-up.

I'm just really tired of reading these terrible stories, where the police automatically assume that someone vanished by themselves, which enables them not to have to do anything about it. So they sit around not doing anything, giving this guy all kinds of time to cover his tracks, while some ridiculous TV show ends up getting the scoop before they do.

All of that nonsense about not having probable cause, so they couldn't check up on any information early on, is just that - nonsense. The suspect even went willingly on national television to do a poly, so he would have obviously done one for them, if they would have even put the slightest pressure on him.

Sorry for the rant, but this is really just disgusting.

The location where her car was found is highly suspicious, and not where it would point to her voluntarily disappearing. I feel sorry for her little daughter, who has now been without her mother for a year, and at her age won't remember her. Is the little girl with De La Cruz? :(

Gloria's mother was on NG again and she said that George currently has custody of the little girl and that she is challanging for custody. I hope she gets it!

The post you quoted by Cloudajo which I in turn quoted your response, just made my heart sink.

So much pain for these family members. :(

FYI, Julie Ann's mom has this posted on the website re custody of Julie Ann's daughter. I used brackets in place of her name. It's so troubling that this little girl is with that man.

=====

We are trying to put together some more fundraisers in the Austin area.

Either dinner and a dance or food sale. The unexpected costs to help find Julie Ann are growing. We have a very experienced Austin Firm of Private Investigators looking for Julie. Along with the costs of the investigators. I have hired an excellent attorney to help me gain custody of my sweet grand-daughter,[___]. It is a battle. One that is long,but hopeful. [___] is fine. She misses her mother very much! It breaks my heart everytime I have to send her back to her fathers home. I am humbled by the amount of worldwide prayers that are being sent to us on a daily basis.Thank you also to our friend who have already donated to help find Julie.

[snipped]

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/EVENTS.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 23, 2011

Statement regarding Julie Ann Gonzalez from the Austin Police Department

On March 27, 2010 Julie Ann Gonzalez was reported missing. Initially it appeared that Julie’s disappearance was voluntary based on text messages sent to Julie’s family and friends from her cell phone. However, the length of time since Julie’s last communication with family and other information uncovered causes concern about Julie’s welfare. While​

voluntary withdrawal cannot be conclusively eliminated as a possibility, it becomes more unlikely as each day passes without contact from Julie.​

A team of investigators from the Austin Police Department Violent Crimes Command have been investigating this case. During the investigation, APD gathered information that led us to believe that her disappearance may not have been voluntary. On May 14, 2010, APD executed a search warrant at the residence of George De La Cruz, Julie’s estranged​

husband. In that search warrant, detectives asked for numerous items of evidence that they believed would be found at the residence. While some items were seized that may be of evidentiary value, not all items sought were found.​

At this time, George De La Cruz is considered a person of interest and it is believed that he has information that could be of great assistance to the investigation. De La Cruz has been interviewed in the past but is currently not cooperating with the investigation.​

In the best interest of this investigation, APD is unable to share additional information at this time.​

APD has been and continues to work diligently on this investigation. The investigation will not end until Julie’s family has the answers it seeks about what has happened to her. APD appreciates the assistance we have received from national, local media and tips from citizens. APD is grateful to the assistance of Julie’s family and their tireless efforts to keep her information in the public forum. The department urges anyone with information about Julie’s current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the Austin Police Department’s Homicide Tipline at 512-477-3588.​

I am not usually critical of LE, but this is the worst case of police work I can remember seeing.
The Austin police really dropped the ball on this case. In fact, they did nothing for 2 months. Didn't pay any attention to Julie Ann's mother or family about the car. Didn't dust it for prints. Didn't bring out the dogs to sniff the car, didn't organize a search. Didn't even get a warrant to search George's house until 2 mos. after the fact.
In fact, APD, didn't do anything until George appeared on the Dr. Phil show, and flunked a lie detector test.

Can someone tell me anything that Austin PD has done right regarding this case?

Shame on you, Austin PD. Maybe we need a new police chief!

And as far as the neighbor goes, I believe he may have seen what he said he saw, but possibly on another day.

I can't find anything in the news but Julie Ann's mom posted a message on the website they setup.

====
I sit here and think about you 24/7. I may not write all of the time but, you are always in my thoughts. Time goes by and we still know nothing. Holidays come and go and still nothing.

[snipped]

We are all lost. Frozen in time, not wanting to move forward. Not being able to move forward. How do we do this? How do we go on when we don't know where you are? I pray and pray and pray.

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/MESSAGES.html

I can't find anything in the news but Julie Ann's mom posted a message on the website they setup.

====
I sit here and think about you 24/7. I may not write all of the time but, you are always in my thoughts. Time goes by and we still know nothing. Holidays come and go and still nothing.

[snipped]

We are all lost. Frozen in time, not wanting to move forward. Not being able to move forward. How do we do this? How do we go on when we don't know where you are? I pray and pray and pray.

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/MESSAGES.html

I cannot imagine what she is going through. Not knowing...pure hell.

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/279347/the-search-continues-for-julie-ann-gonzalez

07/10/2011 07:53 PM

The search continues for Julie Ann Gonzalez

By: John A. Salazar

(Video at link)

Thanks Kat.

[snipped]

Gonzalez' mother Sandra Soto hosted a fundraising event in South Austin Sunday to help pay for the investigation into her daughter's disappearance.

Since her 21-year-old daughter went missing in March 2010, Soto has fought tirelessly to try and find out what happened to her. During Sunday’s fundraiser, she provided food and got the the word out to the community about Gonzalez’ story.

"Her investigation is still very active, we're not going anywhere,” she said. "We're not going to fade out, we're not going to become a cold case."

[snipped]

Soto says the money raised Sunday will help pay for their private investigation into Julie Ann’s disappearance.

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/279347/the-search-continues-for-julie-ann-gonzalez

Just thinking of Julie Ann today.

Find your way home soon sweetie.

In custody battle, suspicions abound about disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez

Almost a year and a half after young mother Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared without explanation from South Austin, her family members were at the Heman Sweatt Travis County Courthouse on Thursday continuing their quest to find out what happened in the case police believe may be murder.

Gonzalez's mother, Sandra Soto, has asked for court-ordered visits with Gonzalez's daughter, who was 2 when Gonzalez disappeared. The girl lives with Gonzalez's estranged husband, George De La Cruz.

Police have said De La Cruz, 23, is a "person of interest" in Gonzalez's disappearance.

More: http://www.statesman.com/news/local...ns-abound-about-disappearance-of-1887295.html

In custody battle, suspicions abound about disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez

Almost a year and a half after young mother Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared without explanation from South Austin, her family members were at the Heman Sweatt Travis County Courthouse on Thursday continuing their quest to find out what happened in the case police believe may be murder.

Gonzalez's mother, Sandra Soto, has asked for court-ordered visits with Gonzalez's daughter, who was 2 when Gonzalez disappeared. The girl lives with Gonzalez's estranged husband, George De La Cruz.

Police have said De La Cruz, 23, is a "person of interest" in Gonzalez's disappearance.

More: http://www.statesman.com/news/local...ns-abound-about-disappearance-of-1887295.html

Thank you. I clicked on the pic of George in the article and saw the smirk.

[snipped]

While De La Rosa and one of De La Cruz's lawyers, Sarah Balaparya, worked out the details of their agreement in the courthouse hallway, Soto and De La Cruz sat nearby with their respective family members on separate benches.

Sandra Soto said she watched and listened carefully to De La Cruz.

"You look at his demeanor and he's laughing and texting. He doesn't take this seriously," she said. "He's talking about what he's going to do this weekend."

http://www.statesman.com/news/local...ns-abound-about-disappearance-of-1887295.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back