GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I currently live just outside of Raleigh, I was born and raised in Raleigh and lived there until about 1.5 years ago. I'm shocked at the lack of coverage on this case.

I am confused about something. I looked up Laura's Linked In page and she has listed herself as the owner of GoFish Graphic Designs. If you go to her Linked In page (Not sure if I can link it here) and look under experience on the first page, you can click on GoFish Graphic Designs. It takes you to a page with more information and there is a link on the right side of the page to go to the company website. It takes you to the company website but the company is based out of Florida and the website shows someone else owns and operates that company. The logo from Laura's Linked In page is the same as the logo used for this Florida based company.

Is this odd to anyone else?

Interesting. That link does go to the FL info, but that's not Laura's company. Maybe just a bad link (which is weird since she does web design?).

However, if you google "Gofish graphic design", you get this link. And the picture of "Laura" doesn't look like Laura, but it's based in Kinston. http://www.gofishgraphicdesign.com/

Interesting. That link does go to the FL info, but that's not Laura's company. Maybe just a bad link (which is weird since she does web design?).

However, if you google "Gofish graphic design", you get this link. And the picture of "Laura" doesn't look like Laura, but it's based in Kinston. http://www.gofishgraphicdesign.com/

Theres must be alotmore to this story that we do not know ... Some things are just not adding up....

Theres must be alotmore to this story that we do not know ... Some things are just not adding up....

And it seems that the only ones really worried are the people on this blog. Her Church has started a page but unless you are a member you dont get accepted.. Thats just weird too..... I mean she is Missing right? you want all the help you can get right?

I thought I read that the brother had talked to police multiple times. When did the police give a statement that said that the family is not talking to them or helping them? Can anyone link to a story about the family not being concerned? I did read they have been estranged, but I don't know if that means they are not concerned.

Holly Bobo's family got this same kind of backlash. I think LE tends to not want the families to make a lot of statements and be on TV a lot in some cases. I think different LE agencies have different philosophies about how much or little information to release and the pros vs. cons of massive publicity. I don't know if it can be called a trend that LE are remaining tight-lipped more on these cases lately, but I sure do see a lot of people expressing that frustration on these boards.

Just found this not on local news:

Texas investigators: body in Raleigh missing person case found
Related

Laura Ackerson was last seen in Raleigh, reports police.By NBC17 Staff
Published: July 24, 2011
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
FORT BEND CO., TEXAS --
Authorities in Texas say they have found the body of a woman involved in a missing person case out of Raleigh.

The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office has not released the victim's name, but Raleigh police have been the lead investigators in the disappearance of Laura Ackerson from Kinston, NC. She was last seen after she dropped off her children at their father's house in Raleigh on July 13.

Deputies say the victim was from North Carolina and was in town visiting relatives. They also say she was in the middle of a child custody dispute.

Patsy Hayes, the grandmother of Ackerson's two children, said her son Grant dated Ackerson. She also said the two are in a custody battle over their two children.

Authorities in Texas began searching for the body around noon and discovered the victim around 4 p.m. in Oyster Creek, southwest of Houston. They have not said why they started searching there.

Ackerson's car was found by Raleigh police Wednesday morning near where she and Grant Hayes used to live in Raleigh.

Wow. So if her car was still in Raleigh at the apt. complex, how did she get to Houston? Why wouldn't she tell her ex that she was not going to pick up the kids? Strange. All of this is very strange.

Oh, I am so sad for her, and those poor, poor kids.

Wow. So if her car was still in Raleigh at the apt. complex, how did she get to Houston? Why wouldn't she tell her ex that she was not going to pick up the kids? Strange. All of this is very strange.

Oh, I am so sad for her, and those poor, poor kids.[/QUOTE

I am still finding all of this strange myself. If she was with family then how did'nt they know she had been reported missing? It just doesn't add up. I have been speaking with her family via thier facebook page (a sister) she doesnt seem to know of any family from TX on her fathers side not sure about her mothers side... Theres alot to this story we must not know! Either way my thoughts and prayers are with those children and whom ever her family may be.. I hope one day they have answers because for right now I still have tons of questions...

I want to know what was in those custody docs. I want to see what Laura's concerns were and if there were any safety concerns expressed, if they were taken seriously.

Oh my...the article says the woman was 25 years old. Isn't Laura 27? No positive ID, yet it sounds like their investigation led them there.

If I implied anything to disparage police previously, my apologies. Seems they have been on the ball.

Maybe they have changed the article, now it says husband or ex-husband has been detained.... Not good. Perhaps he has family in fort bend

Maybe they have changed the article, now it says husband or ex-husband has been detained.... Not good. Perhaps he has family in fort bend

So very very sad, those poor boys.. possibly losing both parents maybe because of just a custody dispute :(

This article has a totally different story: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8268981

It says she was staying with relatives in Houston and the body was found not far from their home... I have to say connecting the body to Laura makes a lot more sense if authorities already knew she was in the area, but, if they did, why not release that info to the public so people are looking in the right place?! Also, when/why would the ex go to Texas? Just to track her down/kill her?

Am I dense? How do you die elsewhere, e.g., NC, but you're found where you were visiting relatives in TX? I don't think these statements can be correct. And Grant is (supposedly) 32. The person being detained is 38 per one media account.

So puzzling. So sad whatever is going on.

This article has a totally different story: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8268981

It says she was staying with relatives in Houston and the body was found not far from their home... I have to say connecting the body to Laura makes a lot more sense if authorities already knew she was in the area, but, if they did, why not release that info to the public so people are looking in the right place?! Also, when/why would the ex go to Texas? Just to track her down/kill her?

OMG dismembered! There are a lot of these lately geez. I am going to puke. This is horrible. Such mixed stories, maybe she was married before she got together with this the father of her children (ex boyfriend) and has an alibi he was with the kids and his wife.

This is terrible news! I have to say I am thoroughly confused at this point. I hope the stories are clarified soon. I hope the father of the two kids is not the one who did this...for the children's sake. Please don't let this be another case of children losing both parents to this sort of crime. They already have to face losing their mother. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member