Casey Is NOT Safe From Double Jeopardy Laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI wouldn't waste the time and money for this case because you cannot connect KC Anthony to the crime/murder.
No DNA on anything.
This case is all CE and others were also available to some of the CE. that was considered the murder weapon.
IMOO

The FBI wouldn't waste the time and money for this case because you cannot connect KC Anthony to the crime/murder.
No DNA on anything.
This case is all CE and others were also available to some of the CE. that was considered the murder weapon.
IMOO

Hmmm. I wonder if the absence of DNA maybe had anything to do with the body being left to the elements for 6 months in a swamp?? I stated I wasn't saying it would ever happen. IMO there is plenty that she should have been charged with but wasn't aside from murder.

NOTE to murderers: If you want to kill someone, just be sure you hide the body REALLY well so that it will skeletonize and all DNA will decompose.. I just don't understand that logic that because there was no DNA there COULDN'T have been a crime. DNA decomposes just like everything else

But whatever, I'm sick of defending why I think she is guilty and got away with murder. Just wanted to share this article and that's all.

Please note the law changes were in England and other countries, not here in the US. But it may be something the US legislature would consider?

Salem

That would be very cool, indeed. However, even if a good argument could be made for such legislation, it would not likely be retroactive. Plus, the US is notoriously slow at getting anything done. We can't balance our budget, fgs! And look at the brouhaha that ensued over health care.

I think the only place that would be willing and able to change laws without due process might be Wisconsin. And without further comment, I shall zip my lip... :innocent:

Thank you. I intend on writing someone at the Federal level (FBI?)...any idea where a letter should go?

The only way it would happen on the Federal level is if they believed she buried her ACROSS state lines or if she lied to them and she did neither. Sorry to disappoint, but this is the U.S. of A. and her rights are protected under the Constitution. It will never, ever, ever happen.

The only way it would happen on the Federal level is if they believed she buried her ACROSS state lines or if she lied to them and she did neither. Sorry to disappoint, but this is the U.S. of A. and her rights are protected under the Constitution. It will never, ever, ever happen.

You are right, of course. It will never, ever, ever happen.

I think a lot of us are still grasping at straws. That is certainly understandable; many of us are not ready to just shrug and say, "Oh, well," to injustice for an innocent two-year-old.

It's too bad that she can't be tried again. A child who dies 'accidentally' had her body discarded and left to rot. She should be charged with an indignity to a body and child endangerment at least, if there is not enough evidence for a murder charge.

It's too bad that she can't be tried again. A child who dies 'accidentally' had her body discarded and left to rot. She should be charged with an indignity to a body and child endangerment at least, if there is not enough evidence for a murder charge.

She should have been charged with those things...can't be charged with them now, since she is "not guilty" with regards to Caylee's death.

No DNA on anything.
IMOO

even tho i agree with the fact they wont do anything...why do you always say "circumstantial evidence" as if it doesnt carry weight? i always understood CE and hard evidence are equal in the eyes of the law. its just the CSI effect that make people think its different. (lawyers?? is this true?)
the reason the CE doesnt tie to GA is the other behaviors dont add up completing the picture. its the totality of the CE that makes the case against casey anthony i always believed. i dont see how casey is not connected to a crime. her daughter ceased to live and nary a word was said by csey. she was the caregiver and last person seen alive with her. how can she not be tied to this? if DNA is what takes to connect someone to a crime then we better open the prison door and let many people out. also even DNA isnt foolproof. think of Chimeras. they have 2 sets of DNA. there are cases where a mothers DNA does not even match her own child's.

even tho i agree with the fact they wont do anything...why do you always say "circumstantial evidence" as if it doesnt carry weight? i always understood CE and hard evidence are equal in the eyes of the law. its just the CSI effect that make people think its different. (lawyers?? is this true?)
the reason the CE doesnt tie to GA is the other behaviors dont add up completing the picture. its the totality of the CE that makes the case against casey anthony i always believed. i dont see how casey is not connected to a crime. her daughter ceased to live and nary a word was said by csey. she was the caregiver and last person seen alive with her. how can she not be tied to this? if DNA is what takes to connect someone to a crime then we better open the prison door and let many people out. also even DNA isnt foolproof. think of Chimeras. they have 2 sets of DNA. there are cases where a mothers DNA does not even match her own child's.
Why can't they...they got Ayers...

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/416/131/480885/

This is both Federal and State law:

"Such drugs include: marijuana, hashish, or hash oil, cocaine, LSD, and other hallucinogens, barbiturates and other sedative-hypnotics, amphetamines and other prescription stimulants, MDMA (ecstasy), PCP and similar drugs. It is illegal under both state and federal law to: 1. deal, manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess, or use an illegal drug or controlled substance, or 2. encourage, aid, or induce another person to deal, manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess, or use an illegal drug or controlled substance."

With the amount of chloroform in KC's trunk and the fact that "How to make chloroform" was reseached on her computer wouldn't this be a federal offense. If there was a bottle of chloroform in that trunk it's long gone. jmo

The science regarding the chloroform in the trunk is new. If there is evidence of where Casey got chloroform or the chemicals to make it, that was not presented at the murder trial, so how would a prosecutor put together a case? Even with all the other evidence, a jury didn't convict, so a drug-based case would have nothing at all to work with.

Regarding circumstantial evidence: that is what most verdicts are based on. Even with DNA and hair and other "CSI" type evidence, many cases can't be solved without other, circumstantial evidence. For example, if a man kills his wife in their bed, his DNA and hair is almost sure to be on the sheets and perhaps her body. So the video camera that caught him on tape when he left work, the neighbor who saw the time he got home, the relative who knew he was having an affair would provide the circumstantial evidence to put together a narrative of his involvement in the murder. In the Anthony case, the prosecutors put on a great case, one that intelligent people could follow and understand and that made nonsense of the defense story. The jury was just...not able to distinguish between not having all the answers (e.g., maybe her parents know more than they are saying) and reasoable doubr, and went off into fantasy (maybe George did it!).

I am still gobsmacked by the verdict and don't think the jury did the work of going through the evidence. They fell for the BIG LIE but that is par for the course for our whole culture right now. If it's any consolation, I can't see a way that she gets out ofmthe prison of her own making. She will end up like OJ (back in jail) or addicted (like Amy Fisher) or running through men and money like Kleenex. It 's not like she's learned anything; look what she's done to her parents. However inconvenient double jeopardy is, it's a wonderful thing that the massive power of the state can't bring an innocent person, found not guilty, to trial over and over. there are probably far more innocent people in prison than people like Casey who commit murder and aren't convicted.

People have asked on the lawyers thread, there are answers over there. Casey did not commit any federal crimes, apparently.

Also, even if she did break a Federal law or two along the way the statute of limitations for those crimes has likely passed.

You are right, of course. It will never, ever, ever happen.

I think a lot of us are still grasping at straws. That is certainly understandable; many of us are not ready to just shrug and say, "Oh, well," to injustice for an innocent two-year-old.

Oh - but a good 90% of us thought an aquittal would never happen either.
You just never know what tomorrow holds.

Well maybe Kronk took Caylee's body across State lines. On a joy ride. That would have been a real possibility to this jury. So why not for the FBI???

Disprove it!:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members