GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
His age and Breeann's age also add to the rarity of this crime too. A number of factors. I think all put together, this one would be off the charts, even if it does turn out to be sexual-assault motivated.

I found this:

The motives for non-family abductions are quite different. Social deviancy, the need for power, and sexual arousal motivate the majority of "stranger" abductors. Receiving the most media coverage, these cases often end with the murder of the child.

http://www.childabductions.org/

The biggest motive is by far sexual assault, but what I'm seeing stated over and over is that more studies are needed for the non-sexual-assault ones.

I think we're left with going with the stats - sexual assault - and just at guessing at motive if it's non-sexual-assault.

Perhaps if this heinous crime is found to not be sexually motivated that it falls more accurately under a category for random act of violence as opposed to non-family child abduction?

The National Institute of Mental Health’s Epidemiologic Catchment Area study showed that patients with serious mental illness — those with schizophrenia, major depression, or bipolar disorder — were two to three times as likely as people without such an illness to be assaultive. In absolute terms, the lifetime prevalence of violence among people with serious mental illness was 16%, as compared with 7% among people without mental illness. Although not all types of psychiatric illness are associated with violence and although most people with schizophrenia, major depression, or bipolar disorder do not commit assaultive acts, the presence of one of these disorders is significantly associated with an increased risk of violence.

The attributable risk of violence to society from those with serious mental illness has been estimated to be 3% to 5%. This is a much lower risk to society than the risk from substance abusers.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp068229

(Remember that statistics show that 55% of those with a serious mental illness are also a substance abuser.)

Does anyone know if the LE have made a statement as to cause of death or autopsy findings. Or have they announced when they will be speaking to the public? Since funeral arrangements have been announced does that mean they are through with that part of their investigation? tia

This article says they will examine her body later Wednesday. They might know soon but doubt we will for a while.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2011/08/17/breeann-rodriguezs-body-found-to-be-examined/

A REMINDER/WARNING: We do NOT sleuth minors - unless they are the victim or a perp as named by LE. Even when quoting from the media - minor names are changed to initials. We DO NOT post their full names.

This is the only warning you will see in Breeann's threads. Any further violation of this rule will result in requests for timeouts for the violators.

Please keep in mind - ALL minors should be protected to the best of our ability. That is one of the core concepts of WS and one that we all take seriously.

Thank you,

Salem

Thanks, oops when I opened the link I only had page one available. Puter connection reallllly slow here and sometimes stops loading an incomplete link. Reloaded got the rest of the doc - again thanks.

Oh there's a trick I do when I have trouble opening a PDF. I google for the title of it, find the listing on the google search, and then there's usually a 'quick view' or 'view in html' link. I click that, and it brings it up like a regular web page instead of PDF. It loses some formatting, but you can still read it. Sometimes it won't bring up images in the file though.

Perhaps if this heinous crime is found to not be sexually motivated that it falls more accurately under a category for random act of violence as opposed to non-family child abduction?

I don't think NCMEC or the DOJ where they get their stats from has a category for that.

Do most of you believe that she was really in his backyard at the pool or are some of you not buying that?

And since all of the kids played together I wonder if SM knew the parents?

I don't believe that the pool had anything to do with it. LE left the pool and the ladder right where it sat in the unfenced back yard. It is obviously not being considered as important evidence.

I think he made up the pool excuse so he wouldn't have to admit he waited for her to be alone on the street and lured her up his driveway so he could snatch her up and hide the bike!

JMO

Do most of you believe that she was really in his backyard at the pool or are some of you not buying that?

Im not buying the pool story...
JMO If Senath is like my small town....everyone knows everyone!!

JMO, but if a judge doesn't hurry up and appoint a lawyer for this man whether he wants one or not, there will be big problems. I hope they have everything well documented and videotaped!

I don't believe that the pool had anything to do with it. LE left the pool and the ladder right where it sat in the unfenced back yard. It is obviously not being considered as important evidence.

I think he made up the pool excuse so he wouldn't have to admit he waited for her to be alone on the street and lured her up his driveway so he could snatch her up and hide the bike!

JMO

I'm not sure the pool had anything to do with it either.

It's sort of ringing in my ears from that one article, a neighbor saying, he saw Breeann riding her bike all the time, and she would wave to him.

All I can think is that Morgan probably saw her riding her bike all the time, and that she would probably wave to him too.

It creeps me out. Especially with that "Watch out for children" sign on his front yard. Dear God. Poor little sweetheart.

ETA: Here it is:

"I've seen her riding that bicycle up and down the street so many times," said Ronnie Newman, 66. "She would wave as she'd pass by.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/5a60807ce35d4452864170d3d83465a7/MO--Missing-Missouri-Girl/

at this point i don't have any reason to doubt it. it would be much easier for him to grab her without being seen in his own yard than off the sidewalk.

i haven't seen the photos yet. how far away from her house did the perp live and is it on the same side of the street?

JMO

This has bothered me: if he went as far as saying that she was on the pool ladder then why not say that she fell in and drowned, and that he disposed of her because he didn't want to be sued for not having a fence around the pool? Just trying to understand why someone would admit to killing her, when their story already has her inches from the pool.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that he should have lied and made up the part about drowning. It's just that his story doesn't add up. And IMHO the other one would be more believable....

Watching the video, I thought of a few things:

She was beautiful, to some sick men, she probably came across as a young woman, you know what I mean? In HIS sick head!

She was daddy's little girl and his only daughter, this is going to kill him!

The Hispanic prisoners are going to have a riot with him! My first husband was Hispanic, the families are very very close knit, and even strangers stand up for their brothers. The Hispanics in prison, are NOT going to like what he did, and NOT going to like HIM!

MOO

at this point i don't have any reason to doubt it. it would be much easier for him to grab her without being seen in his own yard than off the sidewalk.

i haven't seen the photos yet. how far away from her house did the perp live and is it on the same side of the street?

If I recall correctly: 6 houses away, about 586 feet (.1 of a mile). Same side of the street.

At this point, I am going with the fact that SM told what happened. So far there is nothing to say it didn't happen the way it did.

Now, should a piece of evidence come forth that turns the story in another direction, then we will know the story may be partially factual.

Also, the results of the autopsy will help to know, if Breeann had fluid in her lungs, confirm suffocation, brusing and if she was molested.

I don't feel she was molested, or perhaps I just don't want her to have been molested as what happened to her was tragic enough without her being violated.

I wrote this morning how frustrated I was with the thought that I had when I woke up. What if SM was not home and what IF Breeann had actually gone into the pool and drowned. I am just so frustrated .....

About the only thing we may never know is why.

I feel so bad about little Breeann. I left town and have not heard any news for several days. This was shockingly sad news to cone home to.

We don't have much at all to go on. We could dig up some statistics from NCMEC or the DOJ or the FBI and take a gander at them. There are extremely few non-family abductions, and I think this would fall in that category. We could see if we could find something broken down by motive, or by accompanying crimes such as rape/molestation.

ETA: Well, this popped right up in Google. From NCMEC:

Nonfamily Abducted Children: National Estimates and Characteristics

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

ETA again: Wowzer! I can already see from the stats in this document that this was very rare according to a number of factors.

And ETA again lol: Criminal assaults were a motive in most of the nonfamily abductions (table 6). Close to half of all nonfamily abduction victims and stereotypical kidnapping victims were sexually assaulted, while about a third were otherwise physically assaulted. Seven percent of the nonfamily abduction victims and 20 percent of the stereotypical kidnapping victims were robbed.

That was one of the docs I referred too waaaaay back in this thread when I pointed out that so few children are abducted and murdered by non-family members. The numbers are tiny. I've been telling my husband from the very beginning of this case that this one is a weird one. (Jessica Lundsford was weird too, but not as weird because 1. He had priors 2. She was older). This case is a true anomaly.

I don't get it.

That is what I was thinking... 3 yrs old to wander into someones backyard? Unless, she may have wandered there with the brother before... IDK. Bless his heart! She does look older than 3.?

At this point, I am going with the fact that SM told what happened. So far there is nothing to say it didn't happen the way it did.

Now, should a piece of evidence come forth that turns the story in another direction, then we will know the story may be partially factual.

Also, the results of the autopsy will help to know, if Breeann had fluid in her lungs, confirm suffocation, brusing and if she was molested.

I don't feel she was molested, or perhaps I just don't want her to have been molested as what happened to her was tragic enough without her being violated.

I wrote this morning how frustrated I was with the thought that I had when I woke up. What if SM was not home and what IF Breeann had actually gone into the pool and drowned. I am just so frustrated .....

About the only thing we may never know is why.

BBM yes I read this the first time and am not sure what point you might be trying to make but the facts are that he was home and she didn't go in the pool and drown. He has admitted to suffocating her so you can probably let that thought go now. It is not a good one...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa