TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not criticizing.... just conversing.... While it may not seem the best way to abduct a person (don't like the sound of that) - it worked for whomever did this. To me it shows planning, and even experience - as if the perp(s) had been watching Holly and knew this was the best way to grab her..
Hopefully, LE knows Holly's every-day routine and things she did recently before being taken and can use that to figure out why the perp(s) took her this way.

Yes, it did work, apparently. Also, even if the perp had been watching her, he might not have known much more than where she lived. He might not have been aware that anyone else was home, or that she even had a brother.

Karen Bobo said her daughter was studying for an exam @ 4:30am. We don't know if hse saw her at that time or she was told by Holly. I assume Karen was the one to give the description of clothing and shoes Holly was wearing, so I assume that Karen saw her prior to leaving the house @ ?..... before 7:30am.

Did Holly just get home from Drew's? If so, was she followed? The possibility exists that the perp was either in the house or nearby, hours before the crime.

The garage seems to be at the front of the house and is enclosed (no garage doors any more) and is aparently used as living space, according to a now inactive local we had here.

The carport is immediately behind the house and connected to the house. I do not know if a door on the carport (I assume there is one) opens into the house or the back side of the garage.

Clint was in the house and looked into the garage (where he saw the silhouettes). He does not say how he did this, ie through a door, etc.

There is what appears to be a tractor or mower shed wayyyyyyy behind the house and that is probably not assocaited wtih anything that happened.
I noticed in a recent PIC there is a back door ( with window in it) located near the carport but not in it. There was a very small cement area around the door and one step.

I think Clint said he could see them through the kitchen window. I have never seen a carport with a window, though I guess some would knock out a wall to make one, but unlikely. If he were looking out a window from the kitchen into the carport...how in the world would he see silhouettes? The sun is up and carports are open air.

We need clarification on the term 'carport' and 'garage' from Cllint..because when I hear the term "home invasion" thrown around..I am thinking at some point this perp was inside. I have read that the Hobos refer to their remodeled room (once a garage) as "The garage".

I realize it makes sense to assume he means "Carport" but I will not do it because too many things are too vague in this story.

I think Clint said he could see them through the kitchen window. I have never seen a carport with a window. If he were looking out a window from the kitchen into the carport...how in the world would he see silhouettes? The sun is up and carports are open air.

We need clarification on the term 'carport' and 'garage' from Cllint..because when I hear the term "home invasion" thrown around..I am thinking at some point this perp was inside. I have read that the Hobos refer to their remodeled room (once a garage) as "The garage".

I realize it makes sense to assume he means "Carport" but I will not do it because too many things are too vague in this story.

We need someone who speaks "Clint" to interpret for us.

OR, we could give Clint the Colorforms and a big floorplan/map and let him have at it.

I hope this isn't too victim unfriendly, but the brother just isn't very, uhm, astute, when it comes to the English language. That's not a slam; if he's not verbal, he's just not verbal. So be it.

The huge map/floorplan idea is actually GREAT for someone who might be more visual than verbal.

JMO.

Thanks cluciano63 @519 and BeanE @528 for the correction to my post @517
On second thought, I realized that Drew's grandmother was referring to the night
of April 13th as being the first night Drew and Holly would have not been together in
a year. It was part of her explanation of how profoundly distraught he was.
So, there was no change in routine to be considered.
I would only like to ask Drew what time did he last see Holly.

When I first read that statement by Drew's grandmother I was thinking that Drew and Holly were spending the night together, now I'm confused that she was not with him the night before she disappeared. Is she referring to them spending time together each night but not staying together? And if they were usually staying together at night, why not that night?

Karen Bobo said her daughter was studying for an exam @ 4:30am. We don't know if hse saw her at that time or she was told by Holly. I assume Karen was the one to give the description of clothing and shoes Holly was wearing, so I assume that Karen saw her prior to leaving the house @ ?..... before 7:30am.

Did Holly just get home from Drew's? If so, was she followed? The possibility exists that the perp was either in the house or nearby, hours before the crime.

BBm: That is where I'm confused. Did she actually live with Drew? Or, did she come home at night? Or, did she leave Drew's house early so that she could study before her exams? :banghead:

Anybody catch this? I clipped it from the transcript of JVM show.

JVM: Did you see the turkey? or was there was no turkey....
CB: No, it was gone..

Gone??? I do not understand this at all. What in the world is he saying?

BBm: That is where I'm confused. Did she actually live with Drew? Or, did she come home at night? Or, did she leave Drew's house early so that she could study before her exams? :banghead:

Witnessing the religious fortitude of the family, I doubt we will find this out.

Its very common in the south to say, "they were together every night," but really mean, "they spent time together in the evenings." These are Christian, church-going people and there is no way Holly actually "spent the night" with Drew.

I think the closed-in garage used to be called "the garage." Once it was closed in and became part of the house, it was no longer called the garage. The carport became called "the garage" or "the carport," depending on who was giving the info.

JVM: Did you see the turkey? or was there was no turkey....
CB: No, it was gone..

Gone??? I do not understand this at all. What in the world is he saying?

I think he actually said, "They was gone." Not perfect grammar but very commonly heard in the south.

Its very common in the south to say, "they were together every night," but really mean, "they spent time together in the evenings." These are Christian, church-going people and there is no way Holly actually "spent the night" with Drew.

I think the closed-in garage used to be called "the garage." Once it was closed in and became part of the house, it was no longer called the garage. The carport became called "the garage" or "the carport," depending on who was giving the info.

Well, that makes sense to reasonable people but I am pulling apart Clint's words, and I can't depend on logic.

I quote myself here to prove my point that Clint's explanations are fuzzy.

I quote myself here to prove my point that Clint's explanations are fuzzy.

I think if you actually listen to the audio, Clint says, "No, they was gone." He is making reference to the people in the garage, even though those two lines of transcript don't indicate what he was saying.

I think what Clint was doing that morning was making everyday assumptions about what was happening in the garage. He knew it was turkey hunting season and jumped to conclusions about what he was seeing...or thought he was seeing.

There certainly are enough questions to go around and Clint might not be the best at explaining himself, but I think a longer session with an adept interviewer would solve lots of problems for those of us following this case.

I think he actually said, "They was gone." Not perfect grammar but very commonly heard in the south.

I copied the words from the JVM transcript. I admit to not understanding "Southern" speak; however, this guy supposedly is a college graduate. I am not questioning grammer but communication. According to the transcript he said "It was gone".

Unless there is a severe language difficulty in Darden TN, I take that to mean the turkey was gone. This is one of the reasons the interview came off so weird to many. He explains what he thinks happened into the reality...and confused facts.

...okay, Just bought headphones today...I'll listen.

Watching the Jane Valez interview was like pulling teeth. Sadly the family doesn't seem to know much if anything. I am not too up to speed with this case, but have yet to find the answers to some of the things I am thinking so forgive me if these have already been asked.

1. Why would Holly be carrying her lunch pale with her while she was being abducted and did her brother happen to see if she had it in her hand as she was walking to the woods?

2. Clint said he saw silhouettes of two people in the garage? I am not sure if Clint used the right word because that would mean all he saw was an outline of someone, but later he said he saw two people croutched down and the man was dressed in full camo. To me that means he saw the actual people. Why didn't he call out to them if he thought it was his sister? Also, was he asked if there was any kind of a conversation going on and of what type was it, loud, soft argumentative?

3. I'm sure no one knows this, but how much blod was found? Was it one drop, multiple drops, a smear?

4. Did LE happen to question anyone from her school? Most nurses are women, but maybe there was a male nurse who happened to have a crush on her. Prob wouldn't be too hard to narrow down a list of male students fitting Clint's description of the man he saw. Did any of these students happen to miss school that day?

This case is really odd. Someone comes to the house to abduct Holly and she talks to this guy for a while. Long enough at least for Clint to call his Mom and then they both walk into the woods together and with Holly walking by his side and not struggling. Most young girls would scream bloody murder if they knew someone was going to kidnap them. Why didn't Holly call out to her brother. It's possible that she was so scared that she was afraid to, but you would think that once he asked her to take a walk into the woods with him she would have known that was a very bad sign and at least try to run to a neighbors house screaming.

Let's pretend for a moment that Clint did not see anything. Now, when most people think of a kidnapping or an abduction they have in their mind, at least I do, of someone being forced either being grabbed or worse and screaming and kicking while being led away. I would have thought the same thing about Holly if it not for Clint's story, but this is so odd cause it was such a seemingly calm event that took place according to Clint.

I don't think we should be making assumptions either way about whether they ever spent nights together, or whether or not that has to do with them being Christian people...

I don't think we should be making assumptions either way about whether they ever spent nights together, or whether or not that has to do with them being Christian people...

We probably shouldn't be making assumptions...but I do it all the time. I don't believe that a young woman who lived at home with her Christian parents would "live with" her boyfriend. She was a faithful church-goer and loved singing in church. She may have been intimate with her bf so I am not saying that didn't happen, but I don't see Holly and Drew staying the night over at each other's homes.

I'm just a southern girl from a small town. I understand the dialect and the mindset. I could be totally wrong about my "assumptions," because thats just my opinion based on my experience.

I still am finding it hard to believe that Clint didn't think it quite odd seeing his sister walking into the woods with a guy in full camo at 7:30 am? I know, he may have thought she was walking with her BF, but he did say early on in the interview that he wasn't sure who was in the garage. Didn't he know she had school? I mean being that they both lived there one would think he would know her schedule to a degree. I'm not trying to be hard on Clint, it's just that there is so much that LE can learn from what he saw. Maybe they already asked him, but he didn't seem to want to elaborate too much when Jane asked him questions. If I saw my sister walking into the woods with a guy dressed in camo I'd be grabbing my turkey rifle and the rest you can just fill in the blanks.

Shefner-I know what you are saying. I moved to the South from elsewhere and people do use that terminology just to mean spending time together every evening, yet NEVER spending the night. It sort of amuses me because my roommate would stay with her boyfriend until about 4am and then come home and sleep, but it wasn't "sinful" because she technically slept elsewhere so it wasn't spending the night. See, I come from the West coast, we just spend the night with our boyfriends LOL. Not bashing it-it was just something I had to get used to in small Southern towns.

Of course, we don't know 100%, but I always assumed Holly just spend time with him and then slept at home rather than sleeping every night in his bed.

I still am finding it hard to believe that Clint didn't think it quite odd seeing his sister walking into the woods with a guy in full camo at 7:30 am? I know, he may have thought she was walking with her BF, but he did say early on in the interview that he wasn't sure who was in the garage. Didn't he know she had school? I mean being that they both lived there one would think he would know her schedule to a degree. I'm not trying to be hard on Clint, it's just that there is so much that LE can learn from what he saw. Maybe they already asked him, but he didn't seem to want to elaborate too much when Jane asked him questions. If I saw my sister walking into the woods with a guy dressed in camo I'd be grabbing my turkey rifle and the rest you can just fill in the blanks.

Would you still be grabbing your rifle if your sister had a boyfriend who hunted and you had seen them walk into the woods together wearing camo a million times before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinabluemoon