2011.09.15 EB Pleads Guilty to the Murder of Zahra

Chief basically thanking and the DA statement will have copies ready for the media

DRoseWBTV DERRICK ROSE | WBTV
Elisa Baker still faces 140 years in Federal Prison and $4.75 Million in fines for drug trafficking charges.

Not directing this at you nor the reporter. Just the ridiculousness of the laws.

Murdering an innocent child and dismemberment = 15 years

Drugs = 140 years

:waitasec:

:banghead:

Although I am not 100% thrilled with the plea, I have to look at the fact that Elisa came forth and showed LE where to find parts of Zahra. I was so concerned this precious child would never have been found at all.

IF Zahra had never been found and Elisa remained quiet, where would this case be today?

Then I think of the prospective jurors that would have to be chosen, and this case ending up like the Anthony case.

So at this point, I accept the sentence she received today because of the plea, and with the other Federal charges still to be heard, I feel Elisa is not going to go anywhere in a very long time; if ever!

Not directing this at you nor the reporter. Just the ridiculousness of the laws.

Murdering an innocent child and dismemberment = 15 years

Drugs = 140 years

:waitasec:

:banghead:

It was the plea and cooperation of Elisa that caused the results of the sentence. If she didn't plea, and if the State didn't accept the plea, and Elisa didn't cooperate, more then likely Zahra would never have been found and Elisa would be facing first degree murder. However, LE was having major problems on "who did it".

Sadly, it is what it is.

It was the plea and cooperation of Elisa that caused the results of the sentence. If she didn't plea, and if the State didn't accept the plea, and Elisa didn't cooperate, more then likely Zahra would never have been found and Elisa would be facing first degree murder. However, LE was having major problems on "who did it".

Sadly, it is what it is.

Yes I know. She should've gotten DP but alas a child's innocent life is worth less than drugs in the eyes of the law. Pathetic! She'll get more for the drug trafficking.

Sheriff or whoever is speaking stated "they have no credible evidence that links Adam Baker to the crime."

DRoseWBTV DERRICK ROSE | WBTV
Elisa Baker still faces 140 years in Federal Prison and $4.75 Million in fines for drug trafficking charges.

An inmate must serve at least 85% of a federal prison sentence before being eligible for parole, so we can only hope the judge gives her a long sentence on the drug charges.

Justice for Zahra!

Just listening to the Sheriff or DA without this cooperation, it appears LE was "between a rock and a hard place" with regards to finding Zahra.

So when is Adam's court date for his role in the drug trafficing? He skips on the murder and abuse of his daughter but he darn well better serve some kind of serious time for the drug charges.

I'm beyond ticked that Adam will get no time whatsoever for his role in Zahra's death. Yes, I know that LE claims they can't prove anything but it is absolute BS that Adam had no clue as to what was going on in that house. I don't care how much pot you smoke, if you are clear-headed enough to get your arse to work and maintain your job, you are clear-headed enough to pay attention to your child!

MOO

does anyone know if there is a place I can watch what was on this morning?

These plea deals are horribly unfair at times. Elisa Baker deserves more than 18 years. I hope the drug charges give her life.

An inmate must serve at least 85% of a federal prison sentence before being eligible for parole, so we can only hope the judge gives her a long sentence on the drug charges.

Justice for Zahra!

I hope your correct about that.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15472441/grieving-father-talks-about-stepmother-who-murdered-zahra
EXCLUSIVE: Adam Baker says justice not served in Zahra's murder

---short clip @ link.

During the hearing Thursday afternoon, Adam Baker addressed the court and spoke directly to Elisa Baker.

"I trusted you with the most precious thing in my life," said Adam Baker, who was apparently not legally married to Elisa since she also plead guilty to bigamy on Thursday.

"You not only lied to me, you also lied to Zahra," and he added, "You took the life of the most loving and lovable little girl."

He went on to say that Zahra will "never get to go to high school, never get married, and never have children."

"You have destroyed my life, you have also made my life hell," and he continued, "You have destroyed my family's life and devastated the community."

Ohnesorge asked Adam Baker what he planned to do in the future.

"To take Zahra back to Australia, to lay her to rest," Baker said.

When asked what he plans to do with his life, he shrugged and said, "We'll see where it goes."

Yes I know. She should've gotten DP but alas a child's innocent life is worth less than drugs in the eyes of the law. Pathetic! She'll get more for the drug trafficking.

I totally agree ...

More time for "drugs" than "murder" reminds me of the Cummings and Croslins ... poor little Haleigh Cummings -- she has never been found in Florida, and her dad and ex-wife are in jail for drugs ... and they will probably never spend a day in jail for what they did to the child ...

MOO ...

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15472441/grieving-father-talks-about-stepmother-who-murdered-zahra
EXCLUSIVE: Adam Baker says justice not served in Zahra's murder

---short clip @ link.

I personally don't give a carp what Adam Baker thinks of his wife. She was not alone in that house with Zahra all the time. She was not the only parent that Zahra had. Adam should accept his role in Zahra's death as well. When you make a choice to ignore your child then you yourself are also responsible for what ever happens to your child. Besides, no one put a gun to Adam's head and made him get high on pot or whatever other drugs he was doing so he could pretend that it wasn't happening.

Emily, PLEASE fight your ex for your daughters remains and bury her in a spot of YOUR choosing without any input from him.

MOO

I personally don't give a carp what Adam Baker thinks of his wife. She was not alone in that house with Zahra all the time. She was not the only parent that Zahra had. Adam should accept his role in Zahra's death as well. When you make a choice to ignore your child then you yourself are also responsible for what ever happens to your child. Besides, no one put a gun to Adam's head and made him get high on pot or whatever other drugs he was doing so he could pretend that it wasn't happening.

Emily, PLEASE fight your ex for your daughters remains and bury her in a spot of YOUR choosing without any input from him.

MOO

..i was shocked to see that adam said that he would take zahra back to australia----i certainly hope that's not the case!

..also----doesn't he still have court dates to attend?? i've lost track, it seems everytime he appeared his case(s) would be re-scheduled.

Some justice for Zahra. Not all that I had hoped for but at least some and with that there is some small bit of comfort at least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back