2011.09.15 EB Pleads Guilty to the Murder of Zahra

I must admit...I haven't been following this case so much(too gruesome and sad) but this comes as a total surprise to me(that she pled guilty - not that she did it)!

ETA: And 18 years??? RIDICULOUS! A little girl, who was sick and already fighting for her life through so many obstacles, was DISMEMBERED! AHHH! And this is why I stopped following this case....

I was on the phone with my mother, is court in recess or is it over?

Life is cheap
Children's lives even cheaper
Zahra's dead and nothing can bring her back nor make up for what she suffered
E Baker gets off lightly
A Baker gets a pass, apparently it is no crime to send your child to school with black eyes, leave them in the care of an abuser, and smoke bucketloads of pot that allow you to completely ignore the existence of your child even if you've not laid eyes on them for over 3 weeks- no, no crime there

What a sorry messed up world.

OMG ... I was listening to HLN a few minutes ago and heard that Elisa made a "deal" ... and she is only getting like 15 YEARS ? Is this correct ?

If so ... it is OUTRAGEOUS !

Zahra ... I hope she is resting in peace ...

ALL I have to say is in my opinion NC just advertised to all criminals that you can barely do time for murder so come on down to NC all you criminals and to heck with the safety of Children!

I'm so mad.

Yes ... it sounds like what just happened down in Florida with the Casey Anthony Trial ...

:furious::furious::furious:

MOO ...

BakerUpdates NewsChannel 36
Will we ever know where Zahra's head is located?

:cry:

Not unless E Baker tells LE and she won't because more than likely there will proof positive of how Zahra died such as skull fractures etc.

This whole case is fíng depressing from start to finish.

I dont think plea deals should be given unless all the details are told ..like finding all of this little girl
May you rot below Elisa Baker -you are an insult to motherhood and humankind

She should have been brought up on torture charges too !!!

Can anyone tell me who has testified today and what have they said? Just when I was able to find the live video feed (thank you to Dr. Know) my laptop overheated and shut down . . . . arrrrrggggghhhhhhh! Just coming back only to find court in recess or lunch? and wondering what may be coming up for this afternoon. Do we know any details about what EB has actually confessed to? Doesn't a plea deal require that she give up all information about the death/dismemberment/disposal of this sweet child?

I cant watch the live stream can someone tell me whats going on please?

I must admit...I haven't been following this case so much(too gruesome and sad) but this comes as a total surprise to me(that she pled guilty - not that she did it)!

ETA: And 18 years??? RIDICULOUS! A little girl, who was sick and already fighting for her life through so many obstacles, was DISMEMBERED! AHHH! And this is why I stopped following this case....

Ditto! I haven't been following it lately either and just saw this on Twitter. So sad. Did she give any details about how or why she killed her?

Does anyone know if the judge will do the sentencing today?

Just food for thought it appears that maybe LE has much less evidence than we had hoped for thus the lower sentence.

Maybe they can crank that up on the federal charges especially since they don't even have a COD

ALL I have to say is in my opinion NC just advertised to all criminals that you can barely do time for murder so come on down to NC all you criminals and to heck with the safety of Children!

I'm so mad.

With this one and Shania Davis' case combined. They need to get their $hit together!

In addition to the murder charge, Baker also pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, for writing a fake ransom note... The guilty plea also included charges of bigamy, identity fraud, and obtaining property by false pretenses.

A number of other misdemeanor charges were dropped, but Baker still faces federal drug charges.

I hope the Feds throw the book at her then put her in the pen and toss away the key.

During the hearing, Judge Timothy Kincaid told Elisa Baker that the maximum penalty for the murder and other related charges would be 722 months, or more than 60 years.

When asked by Kincaid if she understood terms of the plea agreement and was entering the plea of her own free will, Elisa Baker quietly answered, "Yes, sir."

Whisnant said Baker told police she tried to revive Zahra by using CPR but failed. Then, Whisnant said, Elisa Baker said she called Adam Baker and told him what happened. Whisnant said Elisa Baker told police her husband asked her the next morning to help him dispose of the remains.

Under questioning from Gaither, the district attorney, Whisnant said police "found several inconsistencies" in Elisa Baker's story.

He said cell phone records showed that between 2 and 4 p.m. Sept. 24, Elisa Baker placed a number of phone calls while in Caldwell County, near where Zahra's remains were found about six weeks later. At that time, Whisnant said, cell phone records showed Adam Baker was nowhere near his wife.

"On the 24th, during the same period of time, his phone was in the Burke County area," Whisnant said.

But where was AB?

Whisnant also was questioned as to why police never charged Adam Baker in the case.

"We had a difficult time with that," he said. "But in light of everything, we decided to go the way we did."

This does not sound like they consider AB innocent...

Whisnant said investigators accepted Adam Baker's explanation that he had not been paying much attention to his daughter. He said Adam Baker told one investigator, "Since May, I've smoked marijuana more than I've spent quality time with my daughter."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/09/15/2610016/zahra-baker-case-could-end-today.html

EB just received a slap on the wrist, AB will walk...no justice for beautiful Zahra today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

091511-elisabaker005.jpg

http://media.wcnc.com/images/091511-elisabaker005.jpg

Goth fairy no more...

I simply can't believe the lack of emotion in her eyes it haunts me

If shes texting him while hes in the ER that Zahras was ok. He didnt know she was dead. He is innocent id say JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back