NM NM - Robert Romero, 7, Santa Fe, 7 June 2000

After seeing the side by sides, I'd be incredibly surprised if the DNA doesn't prove a match. The eyes, eyebrows, ears, nose bridge, distance between the lower lip and chin being 'short' all seem to match up perfectly. Still catching up on the thread, but I am curious to know who had been raising him since he was 7. Perhaps a family abduction? Or an abduction by a family friend?

I think even the smile lines match up. Its uncanny.

Well the woman thats been raising him and claims to be the mother states he was born in Mexico but that he is her son.... Definitely a stranger abduction if this turns out to be the missing boy.

Wow! Looks like we will know today:

Robbie Romero's relatives will know today whether the teen claiming to be their long-lost family member has the DNA to prove it.

The Santa Fe Police Department will hold a press conference at 5 p.m. ET to announce the results of a DNA test performed on Robert Terrezas, an 18-year-old boy who told the Romero family and police that he is Robbie Romero, who disappeared in 2000 at the age of 7.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/robbie-romero-mystery-dna-results-pm-teen-claiming/story?id=14536606

I think even the smile lines match up. Its uncanny.

Well the woman thats been raising him and claims to be the mother states he was born in Mexico but that he is her son.... Definitely a stranger abduction if this turns out to be the missing boy.

Me too. Some of the moles match up, but that is always a hit or miss. The older "Robert" seems to have a mole on his left cheek our right, which appears it might match up with a mole in the dimple in the younger Roberts photo. I wish we had a smiling picture of the older Robert.

As far as why he may not remember his childhood, we've discussed this extensively in Anna Christian Waters forum. An abductor may continuously tell a kidnapped child their memories are wrong. That perhaps they dreamt that but it really did not happen. Think about it, how much of our childhood memories come from repeatedly looking at family photo's and having those photo's and stories as reminders.

I'm glad the dna results are expected to be back by Monday. This family needs and deserves answers.

I'm also curious about where the woman who raised Robert resided when Robert Romero went missing, and if there are any known ties to Robbies family or friends.

I find it particularly curious she can't provide a birth certificate or photo's of Robert prior to age 7. That's always a big red flag in potential child abduction cases.

ETA: I just saw the previous post they will have and announce the DNA results today.

Gosh, even the shapes of the nostrils and the area just above the nostrils (kind of a slant, not sure what it is called) look exactly the same.

Does any one know if the presser has started?

It's only 3:10 in Santa Fe right now. Presser is still just short of 2 hours away.

thanks Cubby - I forgot about the time difference

"This is my son, this is my son," said Almendariz, who showed local news station KOB childhood photos of the boy. "Friends call my son Robert Romero because they have the same face."

Evelyn Romero said that when she met with Robert, he told her that his mother had no photos of him from when he was young, saying she left them all in Mexico when they moved.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robbie-romero-mystery-dna-results-pm-teen-claiming/story?id=14536606

hinky.

In a video I watched, Robbie's mother said she saw some photos but they did not look like the teen. The photos were of a darker skinned child. She also said that this teen does not look like any of his alleged siblings.

I'm very surprised too, but not shocked. We've seen what we think looks like a perfect match in the UID forum, only to find out they are ruled out by dna, dentals or finger prints.

Then there was also the case of the girl in Florida who looking stunningly similiar to Tionda Bradley, and IIRC DNA and documentation provided by the look alike teens father proved otherwise.

At least the family knows for certain.

I think it looks JUST like the teen that came forward (comparing the photo the police took to the age progression). As far as that facebook, its hard to tell about that pic at all. That person is wearing sunglasses....

I believe the FB page of 'Robert Romero' is the teen who came forward. His mouth is exactly the same, and many of his friends are from Santa Fe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back