KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #7, New Arrest 3/12/13

whew! I am back! I was going to get my hair cut tomorrow but I will do it friday!!!!!!

so glad they are making progress on EK!!!

Rita and Gene hope you two are hanging in there.... I have been thinking about you a LOT... big hugs! ((((((())))))))

**slight off topic: after the casey anthony debacle I had to take a few months off from even reading at websleuths LOL:rocker:

Great to "see" you Nursee! We have missed you. Let's hope you're back just in time to see well-deserved and long-awaited justice for Pat and her loving family.

Another Friday with no news. :(

Bumping for Pat!!!

Kimmi Inquisitions Continue in Atchison County (Hiawatha World)
9/22/2011 11:41:00 AM
---
Atchison County Attorney Jerry Kuckelman told The Kansas Chief that authorities continue to look closely at two people, although only Roger Hollister has been charged and convicted of the capital murder of Kimmi, 58, who disappeared from her rural Horton home in November 2009.

Subpeonas leading to testimony under oath were issued in early June and July, Kuckelman said. In late August, closed-door testimony was received from seven individuals, one twice, he reported. The hearings are held in closed session in the Atchison County District Court courtroom.

"We expect more [inquisitions to be conducted], until all parties involved are brought to justice," Kuckelman told The Chief. "It's been productive and we will continue the process. We will not rest until [justice is served in this murder investigation]," he added.
---
a bit more at link above

Wrongful Death Suit Filed in Pat Kimmi Murder (stjoechannel.com)

(Atchison, Ks.) The family of a murdered Horton grandmother continue to push for answers in her death.

Pat Kimmi's children filed a wrongful death suit against three persons of interest in their mothers ongoing murder investigation.
---
The law suit, filed Monday, accuses Roger and Rebecca Hollister as well as the Kimmi's estranged father, Eugene, of murdering Ms. Kimmi.
---
a bit more at link

Great news!!! I hope this suit will finally reveal the remaining worms responsible for taking Pat away from her loving family.

GO KIMMI KIDS!!!!

From Mindonmom's link above.....

"Kimmi was sentenced to shock treatment for a third felony DWI charge earlier this year."

I didn't know that shock treatment could be ordered for a DWI....interesting. (And it couldn't happen to a more deserving felon.)

From Mindonmom's link above.....

"Kimmi was sentenced to shock treatment for a third felony DWI charge earlier this year."

I didn't know that shock treatment could be ordered for a DWI....interesting. (And it couldn't happen to a more deserving felon.)

Me neither. But ya know, I do believe there is a much bigger shock in store for EK!

Again, from Mindonmom's link above.....

"Kimmi faces nine months in jail if found guility of the DWI charge. Kimmi will be sentenced October 2nd."

Has anyone heard if EK's sentencing date was pushed back?

Here we go:

Kimmi to Serve Jail Time for Probation Violation
10/4/2011 10:19:00 AM
Eugene Kimmi, of Everest, will serve 60 days in the Brown County Jail for violating the conditions of probation for a third-offense DUI.

Kimmi was sentenced on Oct. 4, 2010 to 12 months in jail on the charge. He became eligible for probation after serving 90 days of that sentence. As a condition of probation, Kimmi was forbidden from consuming any alcohol.

In a probation revocation hearing Monday, Atchison County Undersheriff Larry Myer testified that he smelled alcohol on Kimmi "immediately" while serving a search warrant at Kimmi's residence shortly before 1:30 p.m., Aug. 18.

Myer said he transported Kimmi to Horton Community Hospital for a blood-alcohol test at the request of Gary Niebling, Kimmi's probation officer. The Kansas Bureau of Investigation tested Kimmi's blood sample and found a blood-alcohol content of 0.05.

Kimmi said he had consumed 12-15 non-alcoholic beers the night before, and had stopped drinking at 1 a.m. Despite the use of the term, non-alcoholic beer contains small amounts of alcohol. In the United States, beer containing less than one-half percent alcohol can been marketed as non-alcoholic.
---
lengthy article at Hiawatha World link above

Between computer problems and many things happening in my life, I've not had a chance to keep current on Pat's case. I'm so glad to read of the recent activity although nothing has been solved as of yet.
:great:Knowing that EK is spending more jail time makes me pretty happy too. I'm in agreement with a few others that I'd not heard of shock treatment as a sentence for EK's alcohol problems!
I admire the Kimmi kids for their patience and strength through out this whole ordeal. Wishing them good luck on the lawsuit. Anything additional that can be done to punish the cowards that took Pat's life is well deserved.

prayers to the kimmi family.. I know this is a hard time of the year for them.... you are all in my thoughts

Shock treatment is not what we normally think of in this case. Most people perceive "shick treatment" as electrical shock treatment. In Missouri legal speak, shock treatment is related to the punishment and is usually a severe immersion in the state prison system--not just county lockup--for several months.

A distant acquaintance of one of my mother's co-worker's was arrested for a first offense of having written a check to himself from an organization for which he was treasurer. A week later he repaid the money. However, when one of the other board members found out about it, she had him arrested. While he had authorization to sign checks, he did not have permission to "give himself a loan."

Long story short, he was given shock treatment. Mind you, this was his first offense, he was a former sheriff's deputy, was a pillar of the community. He ended up spending 10 months in state prison in solitary confinement (that was for his own protection due to having been law enforcement) and, if I remember what Mom told me correctly, he got a huge fine and a 10 year long probation when he was released.

The theory behind shock treatment is that a strict prison sentence will scare the dickens out of a first time offender and they will not repeat their errors. Most people who are first time offenders, if they are given jail time for a crime such as DUI, would serve a short time in county lockup--not get sent to the "big house." The shock treatment means that they are getting "shocked" by being sent to prison. County lockup is a cakewalk compared to prison.

My thoughts are rambling now, but I hope that explains what the shock treatment means here.

My sense is that EK doesn't like rules, doesn't think rules apply to him, and will continue to break the rules because he thinks he can. I doubt that this latest 60 day sentence is going to do much to keep him off the bottle when he hits the streets again.

He thinks he is invincible.

Soon, he will find out that he is also delusional.

If the courts can't take care of him for some unthinkable reason, then God surely will.

Thanks Cleo. I was definitely thinking "electrical shock" and didn't know what good that would do.

And, I think you are totally correct in your remarks about EK thinking that rules don't apply to him, that he is invincible and delusional!

Thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the Kimmi family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back