ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN) -- Aruban authorities used search dogs Tuesday to comb the area near where a Maryland woman went missing in August, officials in the prosecutor's office said.

Investigators chose the area near Baby Beach based on information gathered after a reenactment of the events leading up to Robyn Gardner's disappearance on August 2.

The reenactment gave investigators reason to believe that Gary Giordano, the man Gardner came to Aruba with, was not telling the truth about how Gardner disappeared, said Chief Prosecutor Taco Stein. He didn't elaborate

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/04/world/americas/aruba-missing-woman/

This is the email I received back from Commissioner Richardson, unfortunately no information, which doesn't surprise me; probably would not fair any better with the prosecutor's office either.

Either way here it is:

Thank you for your kind words. As you know the investigation is still ongoing.

Every efforts are being made to bring closure into this investigation.

I’m sorry I’m not allowed to comment on this case and have to refer you to the

Prosecutors office for any information regarding case.

One again my apologies.

Kindest regards

D. Richardson

Would someone here be kind enough to show us on a map WHERE these places are in Aruba - i.e. the Rum bar, Baby Beach, their hotel, and the pet cemetary???

TIA!!!!!!!!! :seeya:

Hey HS, where did you find these photos?

The other girl's FB page - I sent her a FB friend request and she accepted.

By the way, take this for what it is worth as her profile is private so I can't give you a link, but she mentions on Aug 1st that RG wrote on RG's own wall "I'm in Aruba biotches!" So it sounds like up until the early morning of Aug 2nd RG did not think the trip sucked and was having a good time. MOO.

This is the email I received back from Commissioner Richardson, unfortunately no information, which doesn't surprise me; probably would not fair any better with the prosecutor's office either.

Either way here it is:

Thank you for your kind words. As you know the investigation is still ongoing.

Every efforts are being made to bring closure into this investigation.

I’m sorry I’m not allowed to comment on this case and have to refer you to the

Prosecutors office for any information regarding case.

One again my apologies.

Kindest regards

D. Richardson

I'm impressed that they responded. that was decent of them.

I have to say, the name of the design company on that photo kind of gives me the creeps, under the circumstances. Not much of a website, but there is a facebook page (altho not much recent activity). Apparently an artist from Frederick, MD.

HEY J-A-G,

The name might be "creepy" , but ya gotta admit, Robyn is a very pretty lady.
No bad road in sight, Huh?:seeya:

Here you go. It's at the southeastern part of the island. Where they were staying is up in the northwestern portion. Pet cemetary is to the east of Baby Beach.

http://maps.google.com/maps?pq=map+...esult&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

Hi Lampchop,

You seem to be the Go-to -person for Aruba. May I ask you your thoughts on :
1) Arikok National Forest
2)Bubali Bird Sanctuary

3) Near Moko, Tanki Lender, and even the Bubali Sanctuary there are small blue markers. I am going to assume they are bodies of water, lagoons, etc., yes?

What are your thoughts on these places as possible sites for hiding Robyn's body?:waitasec:

Hi Lampchop,

2)Bubali Bird Sanctuary

3) Near Moko, Tanki Lender, and even the Bubali Sanctuary there are small blue markers. I am going to assume they are bodies of water, lagoons, etc., yes?

What are your thoughts on these places as possible sites for hiding Robyn's body?:waitasec:

Wasn't Bubali mentioned a lot in the NH case? I seem to recall they couldn't search there due to environmental issues? Am I remembering that right?

Completely wrong part of the island, though. No way he could have gotten her up there and get back to the Rum Reef in that much time.

Wasn't Bubali mentioned a lot in the NH case? I seem to recall they couldn't search there due to environmental issues? Am I remembering that right?

Completely wrong part of the island, though. No way he could have gotten her up there and get back to the Rum Reef in that much time.

I saw the other locations, all except Bubali, where is that?

Hi Lampchop,

2)Bubali Bird Sanctuary

No. They certainly would have found her by now. There are tradewinds there and the smell would travel for miles IMO. The forest consists of cactus and Divi type trees nothing would be hidden if you flew over by helicopter which I am sure they used in their search. The bodies of water inland are shallow. The Bubali Bird Sanctuary was searched from the air by helicopter while I was there when Natalie disappeared. I remember them draining water from a water retention area near the Marriett. Normally it would be dry that time of year but there was water in it when I was there.

The cliffs linked above are off the beach area I believe. But it gives you a view of what the island is made of and the cliffs run all along the eastern side so he would not have to have gone far to find a high cliff area with the ocean below. The currents are very strong there and I doubt they will find her now. jmo

No. They certainly would have found her by now. There are tradewinds there and the smell would travel for miles IMO. The forest consists of cactus and Divi type trees nothing would be hidden if you flew over by helicopter which I am sure they used in their search. The bodies of water inland are shallow. The Bubali Bird Sanctuary was searched from the air by helicopter while I was there when Natalie disappeared. I remember them draining water from a water retention area near the Marriett. Normally it would be dry that time of year but there was water in it when I was there.

The cliffs linked above are off the beach area I believe. But it gives you a view of what the island is made of and the cliffs run all along the eastern side so he would not have to have gone far to find a high cliff area with the ocean below. The currents are very strong there and I doubt they will find her now. jmo

So you think it's pointless for them to use the cadaver dogs, other than for maybe PR reasons?

So you think it's pointless for them to use the cadaver dogs, other than for maybe PR reasons?

No. What if when he beat her he killed her in the car. If he had to drag her somewhere the dogs may be able to pick up the scent. It appears they have already done the search and nothing apparently was found. Not sure if they finished or not. It doesn't hurt to check since everyone appears to be so critical of them and how they investigate a crime.

If someone goes off into the water it's pretty much hard to prove there was a crime unless you have some witnesses. I think this is why a lot of the cruise ships have cameras on board. Nothing is worse than having a reputation of a good place to get rid of someone with no evidence of a crime. lol

A couple snips from the news article

Cadaver dogs in Aruba come up empty on 1st day of search for remains of missing US tourist

Solicitor General Taco Stein said they would be in the Dutch Caribbean island through the end of the week.

Stein said that prosecutors will ask the judge to extend the detention order when it expires at the end of October.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...g-us-tourist/2011/10/04/gIQALZIvKL_story.html

So a few more days of searching

I guess I'm trying to make some sense of this nightmare
I know people will say it is what it is or you can't go back etc

That said, I think for me, it brought back so many missed
moments in this case regarding people.

RG and GG were seen arguing in the lobby? They are having
a fight and he pulls her into the elevator, threatening her life?

I could be looking at this in the wrong way, but there would be
no way I would let that happen without kicking and screaming for
help. On the other side obviously, people saw this and did nothing
to help? Sounds like she spent most of her time with the likes
of GG which made her very submissive.

Again at the restaurant that last day. How out of it was she?
Enough for someone either dining/working there etc, would stop
what they were doing and maybe follow her to the bathroom,
go to her while GG was getting his refills in the car etc.

I say this because of the rage in him I don't believe that
was a small talk lunch. Actually in all the pics neither look
happy, her with what seems like a lot on her mind, and GG
just looking evil to me.

And then the couple seeing them from a distance and supposedly
GG was beating her so hard the car was rocking?

And they go about their business just like the others and don't check
at the car, report what they saw etc.

Maybe it's just me but I would think that if I saw someone in distress,
I would do something whether helping, checking, or at least
making a call to authorities.

I just don't understand that whole trip and what transpired.
It makes me believe that Robyn did indeed live on the edge,
was very street smart but met her match with GG jmo

NO ONE HELPED OR EVEN TRIED!!!

I guess I'm trying to make some sense of this nightmare
I know people will say it is what it is or you can't go back etc

That said, I think for me, it brought back so many missed
moments in this case regarding people.

RG and GG were seen arguing in the lobby? They are having
a fight and he pulls her into the elevator, threatening her life?

I could be looking at this in the wrong way, but there would be
no way I would let that happen without kicking and screaming for
help. On the other side obviously, people saw this and did nothing
to help? Sounds like she spent most of her time with the likes
of GG which made her very submissive.

Again at the restaurant that last day. How out of it was she?
Enough for someone either dining/working there etc, would stop
what they were doing and maybe follow her to the bathroom,
go to her while GG was getting his refills in the car etc.

I say this because of the rage in him I don't believe that
was a small talk lunch. Actually in all the pics neither look
happy, her with what seems like a lot on her mind, and GG
just looking evil to me.

And then the couple seeing them from a distance and supposedly
GG was beating her so hard the car was rocking?

And they go about their business just like the others and don't check
at the car, report what they saw etc.

Maybe it's just me but I would think that if I saw someone in distress,
I would do something whether helping, checking, or at least
making a call to authorities.

I just don't understand that whole trip and what transpired.
It makes me believe that Robyn did indeed live on the edge,
was very street smart but met her match with GG jmo

NO ONE HELPED OR EVEN TRIED!!!

I am very cautious when it comes to articles by the National Enquirer. If the people did really see this, they didn't see GG. It would not be very good in court for them to be witnesses. They witnessed something but didn't see the people involved. So sad they didn't attempt to walk to the car to see what was going on which is what I would of done or didn't write the license number down which I would have also done. If they had written that license number down it would have broke this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph