ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's really awesome. Dogs are just amazing creatures. I have many times said, God put them here to teach us mere humans the meaning of unconditional love (as if there was any other kind).

My philosophy of dogs, they are boys and girls in doggy suits, but with more wisdom.

My philosophy of dogs, they are little boys and girls in doggy suits.

I have two nephews who, totally unrelated (I mean, the incidents were unrelated), separately asked me and my wife, at different times, "When will Max become a little boy?" Max was our Golden Retriever, and was my best friend for 11 years. Funny, I never really knew quite how to answer them...

I have two nephews who, totally unrelated (I mean, the incidents were unrelated), separately asked me and my wife, at different times, "When will Max become a little boy?" Max was our Golden Retriever, and was my best friend for 11 years. Funny, I never really knew quite how to answer them...

That is too awesome.

Or if they were perhaps elderly.

Whether elderly or young , i don't understand why they waited to report the incident til Sept 17th

Since this story has not picked up by reliable new sources, I am not sure that it even happened

I recall the photo of a small car and police asking the owners to come forward
I do not recall anything further about it until the NE story

Whether elderly or young , i don't understand why they waited to report the incident til Sept 17th

Since this story has not picked up by reliable new sources, I am not sure that it even happened

I recall the photo of a small car and police asking the owners to come forward
I do not recall anything further about it until the NE story

It sounds as if NE got the story from a local. I don't think anything would have been released officially. Sometimes the locals know a lot of what is goin on. As far as the couple coming forward, wasn't the September 17th timeframe when they were doing the reenactment and showed the white RAV4 on the news release video. When I first saw the video of GG and RG at the restaurant I thought their car was the, I think it was red,df one parked in the front. I did not know their car was white. jmo

It sounds as if NE got the story from a local. I don't think anything would have been released officially. Sometimes the locals know a lot of what is goin on. As far as the couple coming forward, wasn't the September 17th timeframe when they were doing the reenactment and showed the white RAV4 on the news release video. When I first saw the video of GG and RG at the restaurant I thought their car was the, I think it was red,df one parked in the front. I did not know their car was white. jmo

Ok, so you think that this story about the couple and the car was given to NE by a local?
Thats possibile as I don't think anyone else has picked it up

And I am not going to harp on this because it makes no difference now, but I still do not understand a couple witnessing what they say they witnessed, hearing about a woman going missing at the same time and not coming forward
I understand they would not want to approach
It bothered them enough to drive back to the scene

Then within hours or at the longest, a day, they hear about a woman missing and don't come forward

NE said they came forward Sept 17
If we are to believe the story, there is not reason to suspect the date

I am sorry, I don't recall the first time the Rav4 was shown or talked about but it was early on
The police were looking for the car they thought may have seen GG and RG around Sept 5

Interesting, possible water trained cadaver dog team maybe being used.

Cadaver Dogs Undergo A Lifetime Of Training To Search For Human Remains

The dogs will spend the entire week scouring the southeastern section of the island where Robyn Gardner was reported missing by her travel companion Gary Giordano.

Investigators are using a specialized search technique, and as Alex DeMetrick reports, it takes a lifetime of training.

The dog is named Raven, and its refresher day on the water. The lesson: Find the scent of human remains, pumped out into the middle of a cove off the Choptank River.

“On July the 4th this year, my young dog actually helped to recover a body that was a 129 feet in water. It sounds like it’s such a hard job to do but it’s not– scent, break, surface,” explained Lisa Higgins of the Bay Area Recover Canines.

http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/ma...-of-training-to-search-for-human-remains.html

Yep. Learned this a few years ago, when I read a true forensics case about a dog picking up the scent of a body in a barrel many feet down in a body of water.

I should clarify....

I am not blaming these people in the NE story for anything
I am trying to figure out if there is any truth to this story

At the moment, without further information, I have doubts
Some of those doubts are because of the things I said in my above post

Do you think it a possibility that someone in a boat could access the perimeter of some cliffs, where sea meets the rock ledges? This where no tourists would venture, and even though treacherous, be able to wedge a body into a crevise, to hold it in place, for the waves, current and scavengers to destroy it?

Just askin'

Do you think it a possibility that someone in a boat could access the perimeter of some cliffs, where sea meets the rock ledges? This where no tourists would venture, and even though treacherous, be able to wedge a body into a crevise, to hold it in place, for the waves, current and scavengers to destroy it?

Just askin'

My opinion only, as i don't know...

I would imagine it could be possible, but to me, highly unlikely

I have seen nothing that makes me believe GG had an accomplice, or rented a boat

Also, the surf on that side of the island is tremendous

Even for someone experienced, it looks to me that it would be extremely dangerous, a huge risk of being battered by waves and rocks

I should clarify....

I am not blaming these people in the NE story for anything
I am trying to figure out if there is any truth to this story

At the moment, without further information, I have doubts
Some of those doubts are because of the things I said in my above post

Reminds me of another case on the island. I really dont think its a good idea to believe witnesses that come forward long past the first search. I am not saying they are lying, just doesnt make sense to me or ring true due to waiting so long to come forward w credible info. Im sure it happens every where and all the time. jmo
A jogger a gardener a this a that. Um ok.

My opinion only, as i don't know...

I would imagine it could be possible, but to me, highly unlikely

I have seen nothing that makes me believe GG had an accomplice, or rented a boat

Also, the surf on that side of the island is tremendous

Even for someone experienced, it looks to me that it would be extremely dangerous, a huge risk of being battered by waves and rocks

I think he wanted her to be found so he could collect on the insurance policy. I just don't think he wanted them to find her that day.

As far as the NE report. We don't know if it is true so the date of the 17th may also be incorrect if they did come forward. All the info we heard about Natalie, from locals, within a few days of her missing turned out to be true so the locals do have some accurate information. It's like a small village, news travels fast there. lol jmo

I think he wanted her to be found so he could collect on the insurance policy. I just don't think he wanted them to find her that day.

As far as the NE report. We don't know if it is true so the date of the 17th may also be incorrect if they did come forward. All the info we heard about Natalie, from locals, within a few days of her missing turned out to be true so the locals do have some accurate information. It's like a small village, news travels fast there. lol jmo

I guess thats my point
If someone saw what NE is reporting, I feel they would have come forward in the beginning

And, also, I agree , we don't know if Sept 17th is correct, but we do know that as of Sept 5th, over month after RGs disappearance, police were looking for the owners of a car

If certain scenarios are highly unlikely, then, why hasn't her body been found in more "likely" ways?

If certain scenarios are highly unlikely, then, why hasn't her body been found in more "likely" ways?

I am not sure what more likely ways means:waitasec:

If you are referring to a snorkelling accident or a murder with disposal at sea ,everything I have read here seems to suggest that with ocean currents, there is a possibilty that remains would go away from the island, instead of towards it. I really don't understand much about the currents , but some posters here have knowledge about that

Its very frustrating and I sincerely hope that this mystery can be solved

I think he wanted her to be found so he could collect on the insurance policy. I just don't think he wanted them to find her that day. As far as the NE report. We don't know if it is true so the date of the 17th may also be incorrect if they did come forward. All the info we heard about Natalie, from locals, within a few days of her missing turned out to be true so the locals do have some accurate information. It's like a small village, news travels fast there. lol jmo

Bolded by me

I think this is so true
If GG did murder RG for insurance purposes, it would be part of the plan to have her body found and even though i am still not certain what happened in my mind, if she is found, she must be found in the water or near the shore

he set the scenario, snorkelling accident

You have to understand that it is different there. I doubt she is buried somewhere there was no time for GG to do that and he had nothing he could use to dig in the sand with. Plus he reported her as drowning so he expected her to be found. If his plan was to put her into the water in a secluded beach area he apparently was unable to do so or they would have found her body by now as it would have come back to shore. If GG did beat her up and decided he had to get rid of her and went to the cliffs there was no hope for her rescue because the water is just to wild along those cliffs. As you stand near the edges of the cliff and look down there are jagged pieces of rock and coral sticking up along the cliff line. If he pushed her off and she landed in the water currents would quickly carry her out into deeper water.

What bothers me is he said to LE, "She's probably dead now" which tells me she may not have been dead when she hit the water and struggled to get back to shore but was carried out to sea. Currents could have pulled her under. It is sad to think he may have stood there and watched her die.

I think LE knows that the currents were not strong enough in the area they were supposedly snorkeling to have carried her out to sea that day. We've seen pictures of the divers and they certainly are not having a problem. jmo

I think he originally planned it that way but his plan hit a monkey wrench when she didn't want to go snorkeling. He then had to improvise on his plan. The cost of the change is only a one year delay per the AMEX Travel Insurance policy, regarding no remains found from an accidental death. MOO.

Regarding the NE report, if the report is true why aren't they searching the cemetary like it says they would? They are reportedly searching Seroe Colorodo (again), which is interesting because that strongly indicates to me they were seen there. Are there surveilance cameras in that area?

If LE decides he is guilty of murder but can't prove it..
Does it become an accidental death or something else, like a suspicious death
Or does she remain a missing person?

I think he originally planned it that way but his plan hit a monkey wrench when she didn't want to go snorkeling. He then had to improvise on his plan. The cost of the change is only a one year delay per the AMEX Travel Insurance policy, regarding no remains found from an accidental death. MOO.

Regarding the NE report, if the report is true why aren't they searching the cemetary like it says they would? They are reportedly searching Seroe Colorodo (again), which is interesting because that strongly indicates to me they were seen there. Are there surveilance cameras in that area?

It is just east of Baby beach on the old asphalt road that goes towards the Seroe Colorado.

Maybe they are searching there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member