ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the couple mentioned in the NE - maybe they just didn't listen to the news, etc. and when they DID see something about the missing woman and the car they were driving, this couple came forward... :fence:

If LE decides he is guilty of murder but can't prove it..
Does it become an accidental death or something else, like a suspicious death
Or does she remain a missing person?

I don't think LE makes that decision. The judge decides whether GG should be tried or not. I know that is where it differs from here, I could be wrong but that was my understanding. Judges have a lot of power there. NH is still listed as missing. US may say "missing but presumed dead." jmo

Regarding the couple mentioned in the NE - maybe they just didn't listen to the news, etc. and when they DID see something about the missing woman and the car they were driving, this couple came forward... :fence:

Maybe they didn't
I really don't know
But reading Lambchops posts, I don't see how they would not be aware
Small island, small village
Read back

I think according to the posts I have read, everyone should be aware a woman was missing, JMO

I don't think LE makes that decision. The judge decides whether GG should be tried or not. I know that is where it differs from here, I could be wrong but that was my understanding. Judges have a lot of power there. NH is still listed as missing. US may say "missing but presumed dead." jmo

So, if judges have a lot of power...
and NH is still listed as missing...
How will GG get the insurance?

Maybe they didn't
I really don't know
Read back

I think according to the posts I have read, everyone should be aware a woman was missing, JMO

Only other possibility is they were not Aruban but South Americans there on a work visa. May not understand English and did not pay too much attention to the local Aruban news, but seeing the white RAV4 may have caught their attention and they suddenly realized what they may have encountered.

As you said though, if this is even true. But locals would have known for sure. jmo

Only other possibility is they were not Aruban but South Americans there on a work visa. May not understand English and did not pay too much attention to the local Aruban news, but seeing the white RAV4 may have caught their attention and they suddenly realized what they may have encountered.

As you said though, if this is even true. But locals would have known for sure. jmo

MMMM, yes OK
Thank you

So, if judges have a lot of power...
and NH is still listed as missing...
How will GG get the insurance?

It's not an Aruban policy. Not sure what NH has to do with GG??? The policy was taken out in the US so he could be charged here as well if they believe he took RG there to kill her. But that is Federal court for sure. Just-a-guy could probably confirm that. jmo

It's not an Aruban policy. Not sure what NH has to do with GG??? The policy was taken out in the US so he could be charged here as well if they believe he took RG there to kill her. But that is Federal court for sure. Just-a-guy could probably confirm that. jmo

Not real sure what one has to do with the other either other than one was considered missing for the last six plus years
My question was,,,,,,, why would RGs disappearance be considered accidental within two months?
NHs death has still not been deemed a murder.

So, how would GG get the money from a life insurance unless SOMEONE decided it was an accidental death

Any way... have a great night

another possibility is it is just not true LOL
And I can tell you, from MY perspective, many years , many trips, locals do not mouth off about difficulties on their Island

The policy is , happy vacation, enjoy yourself
I have always found they, the aruban people, would not burden you with issues going on

And its also been my experience that they will tell you what they feel you want to hear

I do not believe for a moment that locals know a whole lot more that rumor that eventually seeps back to us

BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION

another possibility is it is just not true LOL
And I can tell you, from MY perspective, many years , many trips, locals do not mouth off about difficulties on their Island

The policy is , happy vacation, enjoy yourself
I have always found they, the aruban people, would not burden you with issues going on

And its also been my experience that they will tell you what they feel you want to hear

I do not believe for a moment that locals know a whole lot more that rumor that eventually seeps back to us

BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION

Coming from NE you are probably right.

Not real sure what one has to do with the other either other than one was considered missing for the last six plus years
My question was,,,,,,, why would RGs disappearance be considered accidental within two months?
NHs death has still not been deemed a murder.

So, how would GG get the money from a life insurance unless SOMEONE decided it was an accidental death

Any way... have a great night

Right. Someone made sure NH would never be found, someone who knows how to dispose of a body, my guess. Whereas GG wanted her to be found. She just did not come back in as he had planned. So he will have to wait until the insurance company declares her officially dead. I doubt if he will be able to collect now from the insurance company. They will investigate it to death....no pun intended, rather than pay. If he get off he'd do well to tell Amex to "forgetaboutit". lol

If LE decides he is guilty of murder but can't prove it..
Does it become an accidental death or something else, like a suspicious death
Or does she remain a missing person?

There is a 7 year waiting period without a body (I think).

Maybe they didn't
I really don't know
Read back

I don't know about that. Just for instance, I rarely every buy a local newspaper or listen to or watch local news where I live. Why, I can't really say. Other than the fact that all I listen to on the radio is XM, which has nothing to do w/ local news. I also don't watch local news on TV at night. I also don't buy a local newspaper. Maybe I'm strange, I don't know, that's just the way we live our lives. And, the area I live in is relatively small as far as population, so maybe it's not that far off as a comparison. JMO :)

Whether elderly or young , i don't understand why they waited to report the incident til Sept 17th

Since this story has not picked up by reliable new sources, I am not sure that it even happened

I recall the photo of a small car and police asking the owners to come forward
I do not recall anything further about it until the NE story

Circumstances. They probably don't watch the news, like me.

Why do you think that? I don't pay attention to the local news in my community, except for about once a month or so. Because it's usually so boring, there's normally nothing new to learn.

I don't know about that. Just for instance, I rarely every buy a local newspaper or listen to or watch local news where I live. Why, I can't really say. Other than the fact that all I listen to on the radio is XM, which has nothing to do w/ local news. I also don't watch local news on TV at night. I also don't buy a local newspaper. Maybe I'm strange, I don't know, that's just the way we live our lives. And, the area I live in is relatively small as far as population, so maybe it's not that far off as a comparison. JMO :)

I may have read lambchops's post incorrectly, if i did i apologize.
The way I read it, she was talking about gossip, news being repeated, not watching or listening to news reports

I may have read lambchops's post incorrectly, if i did i apologize.
The way I read it, she was talking about gossip, news being repeated, not watching or listening to news reports

That's correct, Dushi. Word of mouth travels pretty fast on the island but I think it is narrowed down to what affects them personally. Drownings are also not that uncommon so a reported drowning by GG in the news may not be an attention getter. He's an American in Aruba so that is an attention getter for us. An American in Aruba is not such a big deal because there are so many of them there as tourist week in and week out that the locals may not pay it too much attention.

I'm sure Arubans have their negative thoughts about Americans who are rude and condescending but to be truthful the only comments I have heard made are about some of the South Americans who visit the island and how they expect to be treated like royalty. And I have experienced that first hand, myself. But, I've thought if they had millions of dollars they'd be staying at a private villa not staying in a condo like me. So that gets a laugh. lol jmo

The defense attorney for Gary Giordano believes it is a waste of time for Aruban authorities to just now bring in cadaver dogs to search for the remains of his client's missing travel companion.

"I think it's grossly incompetent for cadaver dogs two plus months after the fact," Jose Baez told ABC's John Quinones. "Whatever scent of decomposition they expected to find is long gone."

Watch the full story on "Nightline" tonight at 11:35 p.m. ET

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jose-baez-grossly-incompetent-cadaver-dogs-search-missing/story?id=14686061

Just days after Gardner went missing, Giordano called American Express Travel four times, asking about how he could redeem his policy. Police documents show that the American Express representative who took one of the calls said Giordano sounded excited, like he had "just won the lottery." The representative was so troubled by his behavior that the person called the police, but Baez called foul on the evidence and reiterated that Giordano's other attorney, Michael Lopez, had advised his client to call AmEx.

"I think if they're going to release the transcripts they should release the audio and then we can really hear for ourselves," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jose-baez-grossly-incompetent-cadaver-dogs-search-missing/story?id=14686061

The defense attorney for Gary Giordano believes it is a waste of time for Aruban authorities to just now bring in cadaver dogs to search for the remains of his client's missing travel companion.

"I think it's grossly incompetent for cadaver dogs two plus months after the fact," Jose Baez told ABC's John Quinones. "Whatever scent of decomposition they expected to find is long gone."

Watch the full story on "Nightline" tonight at 11:35 p.m. ET

I heard that, I scoff!

I don't think anythings been found yet but it isn't because cadaver scent wouldn't be there. Now if we're talking trailing dogs, this would be true.

Here's some pics of the dog land searches going on. My Translate isn't working well on it.

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/37854-cacho-special-di-hulanda-pa-busca-turista-perdi-.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg