MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope today LE comes out and apologizes for saying they're not cooperating. That kind of thing can turn the volunteer force off, and taint the public forever in thinking they're uncooperative. : ( I just cry for them.

That is what blew my mind last night. Whether or not the parents had stopped cooperating, the only result of the presser by Young is to turn off people who might help find little Lisa.

If there weren't posters going up before, can you imagine now? "why bother, she is dead, the parents did it" is the underlying feeling. or "police say parents aren't cooperating , its a waste of time"

People make extra efforts to help but not if LE implies its useless to do so.

http://ap.onlineathens.com/pstories/20111007/896530303.shtml

So allegedly the father has been cleared? And by "all these other people", I'm assuming they mean the list of 9-12 people that were given?

The thing I find odd, is that the mother should actually have two alibi witnesses...the children?
I understand wanting to protect the two boys, but wouldn't it be easy to verify at least part of mom's story by questioning them?

Thanks for the link. So the dozen or more list of possible suspects have all been cleared. Do any of you think LE did find something during the searches? Or perhaps even inside the home? And that's why they suspect the mom?

Also in the article (I realize it's a small tidbit) the son that was sleeping with mom also had a stray kitten he found earlier that day sleeping with them.

The thing I find odd, is that the mother should actually have two alibi witnesses...the children?
I understand wanting to protect the two boys, but wouldn't it be easy to verify at least part of mom's story by questioning them?

I agree, but they were asleep too apparently when all this happened. So unlike the dad, who had people around him who were awake, there was no one awake in the home to verify her story.

In the first place, you don't know that no one has accused them. From what I read, the cops as much as did so. Are you following the media reports? Did you see the Today show article and vid? In my view, it is fair to say they have been accused. And there's certainly a lot of people here accusing them, directly or indirectly...you could be said to be one of them, in a way.

Secondly, having a lawyer to advise you is never a bad thing, really, especially if you are innocent. Among other things, a lawyer might be able to tell them how far they can push LE, whether they have to accept LE's strategies, and what other kinds of things they can do on their own to help search for the child. A good lawyer can also help smooth communications, by providing a less emotional voice between the various parties.

There are some sleazy lawyers out there, no doubt. But it is very unfair and narrow minded to make blanket assertions that imply someone must be guilty if they hired a lawyer. I had a client once whose child was abducted (case got a lot of publicity, she was released unharmed at a mall the next day). I was one of the first people he called. His family were also 9/11 victims. Sometimes people just need some good help and advice.

Lets not forget there are other children involved. If you feel you're being accused of neglect or worse, an attorney might be necessary to make sure you retain custody of your other children.

Well, after following countless missing child cases I have this opinion and I know that some people will not agree but I believe that the parents of this tiny baby need to get off the TV sound stages and take themselves into the Police Department and ask the LE what else do you need, I'm here to help you as long as it takes. Irwin needs to take a LDT too. I say, "Stay off the media talk shows" and get back to the people who are trying to find this baby. LE has to be tough, they do not have time to coddle and babysit the parents. We have seen way too many cases where at least one of the parents were involved in some way with the disappearance of the missing child. I'm not really interested that the parents may have had their feelings hurt. To me that doesn't need to take center stage. This baby needs to be found. Period.

I somewhat agree with this, but they are doing national media. What a great tool to get her story out further! I do think they may have just needed a break - I would have. LE may have messed up in stating they are no longer cooperating because now they might just do that when they really didn't plan to.

I just do not think I could have formed a coherent sentence after all they have been through. I sure would not have been there after a while without representation guilty or innocent to guide me through.

I totally remember her sitting outside and them showing the dog (I only remember one). I, too, remember the next door neighbor thing!

I have been channel surfing big time watching this, but only 9 and 41. I saw it on a day channel 9 still had the 24 hour caption running at the bottom of the screen, so that must mean it was on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm just happy to hear I'm not dreaming or losing my mind, lol!
I seem to remember it being Wednesday, but I'm not certain.

I watched the video and i think the mom is innocent. But as far as the floorplan ,if it is correct and the babys room is so close , the mother has to be a sound sleeper. Im just guessing here from experience that if you have a small child that is sick in another room you would probably keep your door open and the babys door open to hear if she gets worse. She is also apparently very trusting to sleep with windows open and doors open, especially when she is home alone for the first time. I would think on this night of all nights she would be more alert than any other night..but thats all assumption on my part ,,however if the neighbors dog was let out so that it didnt bark ,that tells us that they had a well thought out plan for this, also if this person did let out the dog then why didnt the dog attack them.? This could have been someone in the neighborhood or someone who casted the neighborhood . Someone who wasnt afraid to be seen around or in the house as they came in and walked around in the lighted house very very close to the parents bedroom. Also seems that they waited til the husband had his first night of work...This doesnt seem random at all IMO..

Also in the article (I realize it's a small tidbit) the son that was sleeping with mom also had a stray kitten he found earlier that day sleeping with them.

Okay, so it was dad's first night at this job.

The family dog may have disappeared that day/night.

Baby Lisa is ill and disappears and one son found and kept a new kitten that day.

Quite a number of changes in family pattern happened in just one day/night.

I understand what you're saying about taking a break from finding your child.. but if you're not eating, not staying hydrated and not getting some sleep, eventually your body and mind are going to give out

Exactly!!

Okay, so it was dad's first night at this job.

The family dog may have disappeared that day/night.

Baby Lisa is ill and disappears and one son found and kept a new kitten that day.

Quite a number of changes in family pattern happened in just one day/night.

It was not their dog. A neighbor's dog supposedly went missing that night and then came back.

Yeah I noticed that too but blew it off as being unimportant to the case. Do you think it has relevance? The only thing I can think of is kittens are usually very active at night.....well I should say mine was. :innocent:

Was it confirmed if they had a dog?

Link please????? It has repeatedly been stated that it was just his first time at a new job LOCATION, not his first night job.
did you see the link that dave posted up stream?

was dad's first night shift

I believe LE has reasons for coming forward as they did last night. I think they have some evidence or info that they are not ready to release. Just my opinion, as I have no reason to believe this LE is unprofessional or narrow-minded. Maybe I will be proven wrong.

4am seems like a strange time for a shift end. Don't most swing shifts end at midnight or 2 am? Do we have verification from the employer?

4am seems like a strange time for a shift end. Don't most swing shifts end at midnight or 2 am? Do we have verification from the employer?

He got home at 4 am, right? His shift probably ended earlier and then he had to drive home. Do we know how long his commute was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard