MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sometimes you just need a little levity. I actually laughed out loud picturing a full grown woman coming into her home, over and over, (like with groceries and stuff) through the doggy door, because the front doorknob had fallen off. ;D

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

#BabyLisa Candles and Teddy Bears at the corner of 37th and N Lister. #LisaIrwin

photo.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

http://www.heycameraman.net/?p=1408

Okay, sometimes you just need a little levity. I actually laughed out loud picturing a full grown woman coming into her home, over and over, (like with groceries and stuff) through the doggy door, because the front doorknob had fallen off. ;D

When I watched the reenactment video today, I chuckled at the guy who went in as if he were diving into a pool. It reminded me of a time when my mom got locked out of the house and had one of my brothers go through the milk-chute to open the door :D The steps from the kitchen to the landing (side door, basement) were outside the milk-chute, and my brother always remembered how he almost fell down the steps as he emerged head first from the small aperture.

I was just referring to parents when they are giving statement about a missing child. Sorry, I had a statement analysis explanation, but it came from a blog. When parents of missing children don't use the child's name when speaking of them, or use the name less than 10% of the time, it's said to be an indication of abuse.

I am thinking that if the parents abused Lisa that it may have been a shaken baby type incident, because there isn't reason to believe she had been abused long term.

Sorry for the confusion, I just hastily chopped my original post because I couldn't use the source that I had. I'll try to link to another site.

I was taking issue with the statement analysis....not with you for posting it.

In Debbie's position....I would still call my child "the baby" because that's my way of speaking. To me it is an endearment, and I am Southern, so it's very common down here. "The baby" and "my baby" are used by everyone.

I think these types of analysis are just too narrow at times.

Also, iirc, Lisa was the name of DB's deceased mother. That could possibly be why she doesn't refer to her name as often.

I never refer to my kids by their names and the baby is always "the baby". Maybe it's a southern thing, lol

Has this teen been ID'd by LE?? If not, how do we know he/she lives in the house that has been searched?? Is that home the only one in the neighborhood where a teen lives?? How unfair to insinuate or flat out say that the teen some are saying is "troubled" lives there! What if that info is wrong??[/

Amster- I have been on this forum for a short time and felt uncomfortable with things posted, but soon I realized that the majority of posters here are trying to help. Most don't know anyone involved in the case and when information is presented they weigh it all carefully, without the burden of preconceived opinions of the people involved. Plus we are all human so we realize that someone's 'troubled' could be someone else's 'great' when describing a kid. And those two very different views, IMO, make the analysis of evidence more thorough.

Again you guys are misreading things. Nobody said the 'teen' is troubled at all. Only that there are 'issues' in the neighborhood with this house. A teen lives there that was questioned by LE and they are looking at this backyard.

Folks need to read more carefully as no one has said anything about this specific teen.

Here are the facts:
A teen was visiting the Irwin home on Monday.
That teen was questioned
A DNA sample was taken from that teen
The teen lives in the home that is currently being searched.

A verified local has told us that there are known "issues" at that home.

That is all we know and it has been reported on. My previous post was suggesting that it would be very convenient to dump evidence near the property that is known to have "issues, within the neighborhood."

(trying to find link)

I remember this, the reporter said more to come about Deborah's chequered past, and eluded that the parents had a lot to say that wasn't good about Deborah. But then never heard anymore a/b it, and that was days ago..:waitasec:

I know this is not the link you are looking for. If I remember, that checkered past thing was a teaser on a news station and our members here made sure to watch (as you can imagine) and the only thing that seemed to be checkered about it was that she was still married to her son's father and some minor traffic violations. The members who watched were mightily let down because based on the teaser, we all thought something substantive was coming.

Anyway, this link is Deborah's exes family members comments (see the video) regarding what they think of Deborah and this situation.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

Folks need to read more carefully as no one has said anything about this specific teen.

Here are the facts:
A teen was visiting the Irwin home on Monday.
That teen was questioned
A DNA sample was taken from that teen
The teen lives in the home that is currently being searched.

A verified local has told us that there are known "issues" at that home.

That is all we know and it has been reported on. My previous post was suggesting that it would be very convenient to dump evidence near the property that is known to have "issues, within the neighborhood."

IIRC, it was said that there was more than one teen living in that home. Is that correct? I was just wondering if that is what led to the confusion of he vs she. They could both live in the same home.

I was taking issue with the statement analysis....not with you for posting it.

In Debbie's position....I would still call my child "the baby" because that's my way of speaking. To me it is an endearment, and I am Southern, so it's very common down here. "The baby" and "my baby" are used by everyone.

I think these types of analysis are just too narrow at times.

ita, and bbm jmo it's nonsense, there is a man who is all over missing children cases posting a lot of terrible things jmo

Are you thinking of Shannon Matthews in the UK? This happened the spring of 2008.

The mystery surrounded the 24-day abduction of British nine-year-old Shannon Matthews which deepened after claims that her mother was having an affair with the man suspected of kidnapping her.

The girl's disappearence sparked a major search. She was found hidden in a box at the base of a bed at a house less than two kilometres from her family home.

After she was rescued her mother wanted her back. Nine year old Shannon who was placed in a foster home was happy in her new home and adored the kitten police gave her as comfort after her ordeal.
It was a baby Shannon. How freaky is that ? same name and in a box !

Astonishingly, not a lot of real significance has happened. LE back at Irwin place searching in and around - neighbor's yard also said to have been searched, plus a drainage ditch. The lowlight was when wfgodot made a new thread and put it in the "located" forum incorrectly.

At least you tried! The good thought was there. I stopped posting on the one thread because I knew it was way up there in posts and would shut down soon.

I am going to watch the 6:00 news, but I don't think much is going on with this case. At least not that media is aware of.

That's kind of the idea regarding statement analysis. A parent talking about a child that is missing, and not using the child's name distances them from the child. If they had done something to hurt the child, they might want to distance themselves.

I dont believe that, I am all about my baby and he is 6. I am always, when my baby gets home, when your brother is finished..etc.. His name is his formal name but not what I use very often.

That's it. Thanks.
The reason I brought it up is because so many posters have questioned what someone (teen or any other abductor ) would do with a ten month old baby.
Not everyone thinks it through. Case in point. How did mom and the babysitter think they would get away with it? :crazy:

In case of a babysitter her step son went missing and was never found. So...

There are 102 guests viewing Lisa's thread now! Please consider joining us. :)

[ame="http://video.foxnews.com/v/1211388241001/impasse-in-search-for-lisa-irwin/?playlist_id=86856"]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1211388241001/impasse-in-search-for-lisa-irwin/?playlist_id=86856[/ame]

"dead end" :(

Damn, I wish Mom would use Baby Lisa's name! I believe I have heard her refer to Baby Lisa by name only once or twice.

IMO, too much emphasis is placed on Proper Name usage (or the lack thereof).

Typically, when someone is talking about a family member to those who don't personally know that family member, they will refer to the family member as "my daughter" or "my son" or "my sister" or "my brother", or "she" or "he", or "her" or "him", etc. etc., rather than refer to that person by their name.

Conversely, when someone is discussing a family member with someone who is acquainted with that person, they will typically refer to them by their given name.

And then there are those who will refer to their family members by their given names from the minute you meet them.

One way or the other, I don't see it as a red flag or an indicator of anything nefarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen