MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think of it as nefarious or a signal that the child was abused. I do, however, get a sense of detachment or distancing of oneself from the individual. jmo

Could it be because it is too painful? Like maybe it is easier to talk about her than call her by name?

Honestly if I was trying to stay composed for an interview , I might not use my child's name as often as it would surely break me down to tears if I did. So, I don't see this as a necessary detachment. My problem is with other things like , no locked door on hubbys first night at work, his demeanor, all 3 cells missing, no mention of a timeline when baby Lisa was last seen from someone other than parents, window left open, baby dresssed in clothes not Pjs...sick baby behind closed door, too high of matress in crib fro sleeping infant, no phone in bedroom, 6 yr old and kitty in bed when baby sick and needed tending to, father finding lights on curious (mother could have been up with sick baby , leaving lights on to assist him or reassure her), father's first overnight shift and on and on and on....

Someone here reported that their car had been broken into recently. If that's a fact you would think they would be really conscious of security.

This may sound a bit off the wall but it's so common today for animal owners to put chips in their pets so if they are lost or stolen they can be located...in the very near future we may see this with all babies when they are born or with parents of toddlers who choose to do so....

I think if I had small children and it was available I would seriously consider it......it's a dangerous world out there today!!! :(
Am I off the wall or what???:twocents:

I bet you'd call your child by name if he was missing. Everyday talk at home is one thing :) but when a child is missing, I'm of the opinion the child's name should be said.

I would be asking for the return of my son, my little boy,I would probably mention his name to get it out there ,but the pleas would come from my heart and with that the loving terms I call him at home would escape my lips. Often.

I hope I really never know for sure.

Has NG been covering this case at all? I haven't watched her show in the past week or so.

I bet you'd call your child by name if he was missing. Everyday talk at home is one thing :) but when a child is missing, I'm of the opinion the child's name should be said.

Not many "my baby," "my pumpkin pie," "my ______," etc. either. "She" and "Her"---very noticeable distancing given the dire situation. For me, one too many red flags. Not buying mom's version of the evening. Nope.

One more thing about people who are interviewed, questioned and/or whose homes are searched: When the police rule them out they will be happy and relieved that they will not be viewed as a suspect or POI. So, many would welcome the interviews, the searches, and the questions. Heck, for all we know they are providing information that is even helpful to finding what actually happened to Baby Lisa.

This may sound a bit off the wall but it's so common today for animal owners to put chips in their pets so if they are lost or stolen they can be located...in the very near future we may see this with all babies when they are born or with parents of toddlers who choose to do so....

I think if I had small children and it was available I would seriously consider it......it's a dangerous world out there today!!! :(

Those chips have been known to cause tumors in animals.

Not off the wall, but those chips in animals have to be scanned if I am not mistaken. They are not GPS chips that can track the animal, they must be scanned by a vet or dog catcher to find out the owner.

Been following for a few days, first post...been thinking about what the mother claims to have said upon going to Lisa's room.

If I remember correctly, she said "She's gone!" That strikes me as odd...I have visualized several scenario's where someone or something is missing and it seems that the normal reaction is to say the person or thing is "not there". Then you would look adjacent to, or near where the person was expected to be before stating they are "gone".

"Gone" seems to apply when the missing person or thing is determined to be removed from the immediate area. I am of the opinion that the exclamation of "She's gone!" as the first statement, was an unconscious verbal slip-up.

Example of when "Gone" fits a scenario: "She's not in her crib; she's not in this room; she's not in the kitchen, the yard, etc. She's gone!"

Of course, I may be nerding out and over-analyzing words. But that is what I tend to do...

:rocker: :goodpost: :wagon:

KMBC just reported that they received a subpoena today to turn over all video that they have of interviews with neighbors of the Irwins to the Circuit Court of Jackson County. The subpoena may have (I'm sure it did) included other things but the interviews with neighbors was all I caught for sure.

I would probably speak about my child as I always did. I'd beg the perp to bring home "My Baby" because to me that says it all....and that's how I referred to them when I was speaking about them to others. I still seldom use my children's names in public.

This is actually one of the very few cases where that would be of great value. People often think chips are "locators", but they aren't. You can't pinpoint the location of a dog based on his chip.

BUT, if some doubting adoptive parent had her scanned for her chip, they could learn that she was kidnapped. OR, a pediatrician when first accepting a new patient that was adopted, could be required to scan the child for a chip to see if it's legit.

It's really SO SO SO rare that babies are kidnapped and put out on the market but in this case it would be a great tool.

Two things which I think are very weak when it comes to figuring people out: "analysis" via body language, or via "statement analysis" - both examples of pop psychology, and both of which don't get the job done.

But these are only good when you bring them in to be scanned. It's not like you can magically find anything with these chips - only verify.

I'm on the fence about Baby Lisa's parents,but consider ,if she really is missing ,mom is under a lot of stress and despair. Who knows what she typically used when referring to Lisa? She would fall back on what is familiar.

When my son died I did some weird stuff. It's surreal and no way to describe what grief does to you. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have your baby missing .

I do understand that MissJames.

Im back and forth about this child's mothers involvement.
imo

kmbc just reported that they received a subpoena today to turn over all video that they have of interviews with neighbors of the irwins to the circuit court of jackson county. The subpoena may have (i'm sure it did) included other things but the interviews with neighbors was all i caught for sure.

very interesting..

Welcome to Websleuths and thanks for joining the conversation lalalu :) Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this case.

I'm on the fence about Baby Lisa's parents,but consider ,if she really is missing ,mom is under a lot of stress and despair. Who knows what she typically used when referring to Lisa? She would fall back on what is familiar.

When my son died I did some weird stuff. It's surreal and no way to describe what grief does to you. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have your baby missing .

It's he77 and you are out of your mind...even if you know who has her! I don't know if these parents are involved...if they are...I will be the first screaming for justice. I just do not believe you can ascribe guilt to Mom or Dad because of pronoun usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny