MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound a bit off the wall but it's so common today for animal owners to put chips in their pets so if they are lost or stolen they can be located...in the very near future we may see this with all babies when they are born or with parents of toddlers who choose to do so....

I think if I had small children and it was available I would seriously consider it......it's a dangerous world out there today!!! :(
Am I off the wall or what???:twocents:

Please do some research on implanted chips in pets and cancer, tumors.....

I respectfully disagreee... I closed my eyes and thought how I would be answering quesdtions to a reporter in this situation.....if you assume the reporter has knowledge of the details of the situation, I can easily see answers being framed as "we want our daughter back"..."i put her to sleep"... "we just want her back"....since everyone obviously knows to whom you are referring.

...just sayin... that doesn't trip a red flag for me.
:waitasec:

My comment was followed by imo --which stands for in my opinion

and

My siggyline states the same thing.

Ok, I think we are :deadhorse::deadhorse: so I'm going to get my flogging in, too.
I don't see anything unusual with mom calling her "the baby". I think that it may be that it drives the point home that this is a helpless, defenseless person who can't take care of herself and needs help. Calling her Lisa would also be good in personalizing her but it really doesn't matter.
I call my almost 5 year old granddaughter the baby when I am talking about her. I am so old that even 20 year olds are babies to me.

When my 4 year old got out of the backyard and went across the street to the neighbors, the first thing from my mouth to my husband where is masen, he's gone. I was running around crazy and my neighbor yelled out he is here... Now the backyard gate stays padlocked. I kept saying he's gone while I was the house and yard. Very scary

A woman who was married to Jeremy's grandfather before he passed away is speaking on HLN. She said and I'm paraphrasing here..."Jeremy and Debbie are good people, they love their children, they are good parents and they did not do this!"

This may sound a bit off the wall but it's so common today for animal owners to put chips in their pets so if they are lost or stolen they can be located...in the very near future we may see this with all babies when they are born or with parents of toddlers who choose to do so....

I think if I had small children and it was available I would seriously consider it......it's a dangerous world out there today!!! :(

It's not that far fetched at all.
I believe John Walsh was advocating putting a GPS on young children at one time. If it could be done safely, I think it would be a very good thing for parents to do.

JMO only, What if the so called teen was involved only with the missing phones and nothing more. Maybe I am crazy but lisa missing and the phones missing could be separate and not linked to each other. Again this is just me thinking out of the box

I wondered this exact same thing but then why would they want a DNA sample from the teen? That seems a little much for stolen phones but I really don't know.

Jane Velez Mitchell just announced that she is filling in for Nancy Grace tonight.

Please do some research on implanted chips in pets and cancer, tumors.....

Hmm. I know they frequently lead to the death in teeny tiny puppies, in areas where it's the law that puppies be chipped at birth. Like, maltese or exceptionally small yorkie puppies. Puppies that are the size of mice, and the chip is the size of . . . like a good n plenty candy.

Human babies are bigger than the largest breed dogs, though, and I was unaware of any health issue with large breeds.

Are you talking specifically of the microteeny dogs?

I would be asking for the return of my son, my little boy,I would probably mention his name to get it out there ,but the pleas would come from my heart and with that the loving terms I call him at home would escape my lips. Often.

I hope I really never know for sure.

Exactly how many times has Lisa's mom plead for her babie's return?

It's he77 and you are out of your mind...even if you know who has her! I don't know if these parents are involved...if they are...I will be the first screaming for justice. I just do not believe you can ascribe guilt to Mom or Dad because of pronoun usage.

in a very notorious case, out of Virginia, a mother's daughter went missing from college. In interviews the mother was criticized for this very thing. In one interview she called her daughter "that girl". Her daughter was murdered by an acquaintance. You just never know.

I wondered this exact same thing but then why would they want a DNA sample from the teen? That seems a little much for stolen phones but I really don't know.

Yeah, and that would be just too coincidental if the teen stole the phones right before the baby was kidnapped.

Jane Velez Mitchell just announced that she is filling in for Nancy Grace tonight.

From facebook about an hour ago:
Nancy Grace
Infant girl last seen by mother allegedly vanishes from her crib while mom sleeps only feet away- parents and police scouring the town for clues! Where is baby Lisa Irwin?

Those who followed the JonBenet Ramsey case probably recall Patsy having referred to JonBenet as "that child". No endearment or intimacy in her wording. jmo

Well, Thank Goodness we haven't heard DB or JI refer to baby Lisa in those terms - because I agree, to refer to your baby as "that child" is distancing language, IMO. The word "that" is always a distancing word, and refers to something that is not near, linguistically speaking.

I understand the sentiment,but believe it's a slippery slope .

KMBC just reported that they received a subpoena today to turn over all video that they have of interviews with neighbors of the Irwins to the Circuit Court of Jackson County. The subpoena may have (I'm sure it did) included other things but the interviews with neighbors was all I caught for sure.

Good deal, they must have saw something on one of the interviews or heard something was caught on tape that might be relevant. Maybe all that filming they did of the detectives talking to the people in that one house.

Only thing I can think of re: DNA is to rule out everyone's DNA that was in that house. So if they find some DNA there that is not a match to who was in the house that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname