Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

If the parents don't want their children interviewed, Tacopina can't force them. But that isn't to say that a Judge can't force them. That will be the next step, imo, and it just adds to the pile that makes the parents look guilty. I doubt Tacopina will stay around to watch them self-destruct.

The cadaver dog did hit in the parents' bedroom so you are incorrect that there is no evidence against the parents. The focus should be on Lisa and what is in the best interest of her brothers.

JMO

I don't believe that hit was anything.. Or they would have torn up that carpet and taken anything in that room they could. I think it was either not true or released to put pressure on the parents who are still waiting for the police to show up and do their job.. FIND LISA...

I am not taking any bits that are coming through the media. That is all smoke screen and mirrors to me. If you say it means something is shady that they won't talk, Then why is LE not standing up at a mike and proving these bits of info...

I will not fall for the LE leak,commentator theory comments..

I want to see cold hard facts. I would bet the reason they are not talking is because Tacopina, has put an end to all of it to protect his clients. That is his job. I believe that when you get an Attorney such as He, They you follow their advice. Anything they say is under scrutiny, I can hear it now,
"Did your parents ever yell at you?"
Did your parents ever spank you?"

Yeah, I would not submit to any of that.

OT, but I'm making myself crazy.

Native English speakers. Question, please.

I'm going to pass out flyers.

I'm going to pass out fliers.

Which is correct?

TIA!

Both are acceptable for both meanings of flier/flyer: 1. A pilot or frequent flier/flyer. 2. A circular or notice put out in wide distribution as in "the family is placing fliers/flyers around the community with their child's picture and physical description".

Hope this helps :)

ETA: Source - ENCARTA World English Dictionary

I don't believe that hit was anything.. Or they would have torn up that carpet and taken anything in that room they could. I think it was either not true or released to put pressure on the parents who are still waiting for the police to show up and do their job.. FIND LISA...

I am not taking any bits that are coming through the media. That is all smoke screen and mirrors to me. If you say it means something is shady that they won't talk, Then why is LE not standing up at a mike and proving these bits of info...

I want to see cold hard facts. I would bet the reason they are not talking is because Tacopina, has put an end to all of it to protect his clients. That is his job. I believe that when you get an Attorney such as He, They you follow their advice. Anything they say is under scrutiny, I can hear it now,

You have an interesting take on things... mine is different.

I believe the police have been building a case from the beginning. I believe they know a whole lot more about this family than anyone on this forum. I believe they are working to solidify their case under the assumption that Lisa will never be found -- that they are crossing their T's and dotting I's and preparing for a brutal trial. I don't think they want to interview the kids to find out if mommy is a big meanie or daddy sometimes spanks them, and I doubt there really want them as witnesses. I don't think the family knows what they want from those kids, and that's why there will be no interview if they can help it.

I believe the HRD dog hit was legit, and they are waiting on forensic confirmation. I believe that with mom's lies and changing story they damn near had a prosecutable case already, that they were close even before the HRD dog hits, and when they get that forensic confirmation, Deborah is going to jail.

That's what I believe.

The parents will have no choice just as they had no choice about the search warrant. It is a cold, hard fact that the dog hit in the bedroom and it was enough for a Judge. Items were seized. LE isn't required to tell the public details of a criminal investigation. Their job is to provide justice for Lisa and that does include prosecution of those responsible for her disappearance.

The parents are fools if they think a Judge is going to allow them to call the shots about the surviving children.

JMO

I'm going to take a punt and say that I don't think the kids are going to be interviewed unless a subpoena is issued.

bbm

Seriously, that is not how interviews with children are conducted.

You have an interesting take on things... mine is different.

I believe the police have been building a case from the beginning. I believe they know a whole lot more about this family than anyone on this forum. I believe they are working to solidify their case under the assumption that Lisa will never be found -- that they are crossing their T's and dotting I's and preparing for a brutal trial. I don't think they want to interview the kids to find out if mommy is a big meanie or daddy sometimes spanks them, and I doubt there really want them as witnesses. I don't think the family knows what they want from those kids, and that's why there will be no interview if they can help it.

I believe the HRD dog hit was legit, and they are waiting on forensic confirmation. I believe that with mom's lies and changing story they damn near had a prosecutable case already, that they were close even before the HRD dog hits, and when they get that forensic confirmation, Deborah is going to jail.

That's what I believe.
I agree with all of that, except that maybe they already have that forensic confirmation (of the HRD dog hit) but are waiting for something else. Tying up loose ends...maybe getting more statements or lining up people willing to testify in court. JMO. I probably mis-worded that, confusing LE's job and DA's job. But don't forget, we don't know what (if anything other than the raw media video) has gone to the GJ. Methinx the GJ has been very busy lately, and IINM, those proceedings can be secret and sealed.

And I think it's possible that someone(s) else may be going to jail about this, if only long enough to be interviewed at the police station and make a deal. JMO.

BBM that is quite an assumption considering there is no evidence against these parents.

There is no way in the this life, I would allow my children to be interviewed after knowing LE wants to pin something on me. They can take things these kids say and stretch and use it over the parents.. I would not trust this LE with my kids for a minute. I don't care what the circumstances.

Maybe if they had not come out accusing and instead made the parents feel comfortable about talking. but if someone came out saying I had killed my baby and I hadn't that would be it for me. There is no way they would get their hands on my kids nor would I sit with them. I am glad they got rid of the local lawyer and that Tacopina is watching out for them.
BBM
That alone is an assumption. We simply do not know what, if anything, exists of evidentiary value (that hasn't been released of course).

LE, juvenile officers, physicians can use this to take a child into protective custody for up to 12 hours without a court order or parental consent. For interviews, physical exams etc.

http://www.dss.mo.gov/cd/info/forms/pdf/cs33.pdf

I'm in Texas and knew it could happen here and found this on the Mo. Dept. of Social Services.

hth

Doesn't there have to be a report of abuse or risk assessment ? There has to be imminent risk that the children will be harmed right ? Otherwise they could take anybody's kids.

Interesting how we all view things from a different lens. And that is good.

Me personally, if I had an infant child go missing, if I was not guilty of harming that child, no one could make me feel guilty. No one would make me stop screaming I didn't do it.

And yes, I would even risk going to jail to ensure that LE is listening, that I'm sharing every last personal piece of junk on myself for one purpose. There is a missing baby. If innocent my concern would not in the present time be to cover my butt, but rather to find my innocent little baby who is missing and in the hands of a stranger. An adult can protect themselves down the line. If baby Lisa is truly kidnapped then someone who shouldn't have her does , my mouth would be flapping. No lawyer would get in the way of me finding my precious baby.

The parents will have no choice just as they had no choice about the search warrant. It is a cold, hard fact that the dog hit in the bedroom and it was enough for a Judge. Items were seized. LE isn't required to tell the public details of a criminal investigation. Their job is to provide justice for Lisa and that does include prosecution of those responsible for her disappearance.

The parents are fools if they think a Judge is going to allow them to call the shots about the surviving children.

JMO

They are their children. I don't know if a judge can force a parent to let a child be interviewed outside of the courtroom. I'm sure he could order them to testify in court.

Doesn't there have to be a report of abuse or risk assessment ? There has to be imminent risk that the children will be harmed right ? Otherwise they could take anybody's kids.

Yes, they can't just do it for the heck of it. IMO, this case would qualify.

It's an eye-opener to see just how far these agencies can go with your children. I did read where they have to stop the interview, exam if the hild asks for a parent, caretaker or attorney. If the parent is the one LE has concerns about or if the parent is believed to be covering for someone- they won't be allowed to be with the child and someone else must be contacted.

Reports to CPS tiplines are confidential. There could be something going on behind closed doors in family court right now.

One child has already disappeared from the household and the parents are refusing to cooperate with LE so, yeah, I think a Judge is going to consider there is "imminent risk" to the other children. I was reading on another thread and then lost the posting about someone who has told the media that the parents are suicidal at this point. That's scary.

JMO

They are their children. I don't know if a judge can force a parent to let a child be interviewed outside of the courtroom. I'm sure he could order them to testify in court.

A Judge can force a parent to do what the Judge deems to be in the best interest of the child.

JMO

A Judge can force a parent to do what the Judge deems to be in the best interest of the child.

JMO

There has to be a case filed against the parents first.
The court doesn't have jurisdiction of these children right now.

BBM, the carpet wasnt mentioned anywhere in the SW it said something like "on the floor" so we can only speculate if it was on the carpet which i dont think it was as they never took it with them.

IMO it was something on the floor for example the cars blanket

JMO MOO!!

I think it's time to arrest Debbie for child endangerment. Let her cool her heels in jail and see what comes of that. These parents disgust me.

It's not against the law to drink (and get drunk) in your own home, even with kids in the house. Better fire up the paddy wagon for a lot of people in this country if that's the case.

There has to be a case filed against the parents first.
The court doesn't have jurisdiction of these children right now.

You're right.

Le is investigating a missing/endangered infant reportedly last seen in the Irwin/Bradley home. The lack of cooperation from the parents would be enough for LE to use the CS-33 option I linked earlier to take the 2 boys into protective custody and question them. Without a court order. Without parental consent.

I really hope LE considers this as Plan B.

Reports to CPS tiplines are confidential. There could be something going on behind closed doors in family court right now.

One child has already disappeared from the household and the parents are refusing to cooperate with LE so, yeah, I think a Judge is going to consider there is "imminent risk" to the other children. I was reading on another thread and then lost the posting about someone who has told the media that the parents are suicidal at this point. That's scary.

JMO

I don't see that they're refusing to cooperate, they're just not bowing to every demand made by LE who seems to think their baby is dead and they're the ones who killed her. Retaining an attorney isn't imminent risk.

Unless the parents have threatened suicide, the claim that they are suicidal is nothing more than the opinion of a non-expert outsider who admits he has had very little contact with them.

It's not against the law to drink (and get drunk) in your own home, even with kids in the house. Better fire up the paddy wagon for a lot of people in this country if that's the case.

It might fall under some other things that are against the law, if your child ends up gone, or dead. Negligence for a start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back