Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

I don't understand this at all. As I don't understand their unwillingness to do separate interviews. These actions, more than drinking a half of a box of wine, scream guilty more than anything to me.

Why would someone not want to talk to investigators? Why would someone not want to give a DNA sample? Oh...I don't know.....because they've got something to...hide, maybe?

We don't know what they are or are not doing. We are not in Kansas City. We only know what media wants to tell us or spin to us.

I understand the delicate balance of what is happening. I doubt I could be logical if I were in that position, and really have no idea what I would do. If I had any idea where my baby was, I would "probably" go to jail for going there and harming whomever I thought it was, but I really don't know, I am not in that position. If I had no idea where my baby was, I do not know what I would do. If I would follow LE's instructions and counsel's or not, I cannot answer as I am not in that position. I haven't walked a mile in those shoes and hope never to have to.
This is true wrt the media, which keeps me on the fence.

But I know they aren't pounding the streets with fliers and getting face time with local media so they can encourage the public to look for a live Lisa.

If they were, Short would have made sure we all knew it, just like she made sure we all knew LE didn't take the carpet. She would have been sure to mention that the parents are out there practically everyday, looking for their living baby and are angry at LE for focusing on Lisa being dead.

IMO

Bold and red by me.

I'm not sure I believe we truly don't know what we would do. I think I want to believe that sometimes so I can excuse others for doing nothing. But I'd wager every parent here would be so desperate to find their baby, they'd be passing out flyers and bothering business to hang them and using every resource to spread their baby's name.

I'd feel comfortable laying money on that.

JMHO, of course.

We don't know what they are or are not doing. We are not in Kansas City. We only know what media wants to tell us or spin to us.

I understand the delicate balance of what is happening. I doubt I could be logical if I were in that position, and really have no idea what I would do. If I had any idea where my baby was, I would "probably" go to jail for going there and harming whomever I thought it was, but I really don't know, I am not in that position. If I had no idea where my baby was, I do not know what I would do. If I would follow LE's instructions and counsel's or not, I cannot answer as I am not in that position. I haven't walked a mile in those shoes and hope never to have to.

BBM

So very true. And I would add sloppy reporting, not just spin.

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY!!!

I hope they arrest them today!!!!! MOO!!!!! They are protecting themselves.......

I call bull chit!!

There is no reason to prohibit a forensic examination of the children. They could demand to observe the interview...but other than fear of something coming out...no reason I can think of to stop the interview.

Police told The Star’s reporting partner, KCTV-5, that Tacopina indicated the much-anticipated interviews with the brothers might happen next week.
Tacopina declined comment to The Star.

But Short said that if she has her way, the interviews with the brothers, ages 8 and 5, would likely never happen — for the sake of the boys and the case. The brothers were interviewed earlier, and she’s worried about additional trauma to them.

“I’ve done research and see more potential for harm than good with the interview,” Short said late Thursday. “It won’t happen tomorrow and maybe never.”

Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/201...-with-lisa-irwins-brothers.html#ixzz1c4ojqzrT

So Cindy Short is no longer on legal team? per good morning america?

I there going to be a thread for MSM today? I looked for one and don't see it.

If CS jumped ship, I don't blame her a bit. I'd run like h*ll too from this mess.

Seems to me that if LE had threatened them with this, the national media would have heard all about it.

Media reports have been horribly inaccurate in this case. I'm
not clear, was it CPS that originally interviewed the boys ? If they did that means LE called them & the parents might have felt threatened.

Let's get busy with an obstruction of justice charge. This is ridiculous!

Interviews of Baby Lisa’s young brothers on hold

Today’s planned interviews of Lisa Irwin’s two brothers has been postponed.

It may never happen now, because the case took a bizarre turn late Thursday as two attorneys for the family appeared to be in open conflict.

Kansas City attorney Cyndy Short said she had heard reports that New York lawyer Joe Tacopina had fired her from the case.

“He’s not in a position to fire anyone,” Short told The Star. “I work for the client, not him.”

Police told The Star’s reporting partner, KCTV-5, that Tacopina indicated the much-anticipated interviews with the brothers might happen next week.

Tacopina declined comment to The Star.

But Short said that if she has her way, the interviews with the brothers, ages 8 and 5, would likely never happen — for the sake of the boys and the case. The brothers were interviewed earlier, and she’s worried about additional trauma to them.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/27/3233889/interviews-of-baby-lisas-young.html#ixzz1c4pCcKHn

Can we start a Q & A thread for our attorneys? Because I really have ALOT of legal questions at this point in time.

OT, but I'm making myself crazy.

Native English speakers. Question, please.

I'm going to pass out flyers.

I'm going to pass out fliers.

Which is correct?

TIA!

Stop being a shrinking violet and tell us how you really feel, UM. Let it go, man, let it go.

P.S. UM is one of the creepiest shows I've ever seen. Even the music gives me the willies.

IMO

Sorry can't handle people who hurt babies. You have so many options

1) not getting knocked up
2) getting an abortion if you're OK with that
3) putting the kid up for adoption

____

MY OWN OPINION YEAH THATS RIGHT

OT, but I'm making myself crazy.

Native English speakers. Question, please.

I'm going to pass out flyers.

I'm going to pass out fliers.

Which is correct?

TIA!

O/T

The preferred english spelling is "fliers".

Maybe, but why take something that could pinpoint your location or direction of escape?

I can understand refusing to be interviewed without an attorney present. Why would you refuse DNA samples without a court order if it would possibly help advance the investigation? Just trying to understand. :seeya:

Perhaps counsel wants to have their own expert there during the testing and think they might be able to get that with a court order rather than just with voluntary compliance. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back