Dr. Phil Show Nov.14th / 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coastal and Mrs. Holmes, thank you so much for the above.

It puzzles me that our numbers have dwindled down to only a few (sometimes I'm the only member here).

Hoping hard for a new investigation!

Too many things about this case cannot be discussed (rumor, innuendo, unprovable, TOS etc), so that doesn't leave much to discuss IMO. Turns active posters into lurkers - in my case anyway. Very happy Rebecca is getting time and attention again and I don't really care who it is....Dr Phil or the Easter bunny. If they can provide answers I am happy to hear them.

Too many things about this case cannot be discussed (rumor, innuendo, unprovable, TOS etc), so that doesn't leave much to discuss IMO. Turns active posters into lurkers - in my case anyway. Very happy Rebecca is getting time and attention again and I don't really care who it is....Dr Phil or the Easter bunny. If they can provide answers I am happy to hear them.

I wanted to include and bold your last sentence... "Has this link been posted?"
But it wasn't included nor was the link... :waitasec:

Thank you for posting the link. I hadn't seen it. A good read!! :)

ETA: Well, it isn't there anymore in your post. I guess you removed it while I was writing my comments.
Is there a reason you deleted it? TIA

..there are quite a number of very interesting promo pieces to click around on for today's part 2 here:

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1737/

---Now empty and for sale, Paul says it's not likely he'll find any new evidence at the San Diego mansion.

“There’s no preservation of the scene at all,” Dr. Phil comments.

“It’s shot,” Paul agrees, noting that the death scene has been compromised by prospective buyers and people walking the grounds and taking pictures.

Paul also says that he spoke to a witness who claims to have seen a woman near the property on the night Rebecca died, and described that woman's behavior as "bizarre."

“It’s just astonishing. It’s a case that just cries out for answers,” Anne says, adding that “mixed DNA” was found under Rebecca's fingernails. “There’s a lot of work left to be done. There will be answers — I believe it.”

The neighbor didn't call 911? I don't know how they can live with themselves. Did they think a person in distress should be able to repeat their cry for help? Be able to deliver a long soliloquoy? "Help, my boyfriend who is angry at me for his son's accident is tying me up and torturing me!"

Sadly, it reminds me a self-defense class I took where they said that if you are in trouble, you should try to scream, "Fire! Fire!" People respond to that.

True. I have instructed my girls since they were little that if they needed help to scream Fire! People are more inclined to run to you to help.

I would guess that these neighbors are heartsick that they didn't call 911. Hindsight is always 20/20.

A good show and some new info from Dr. Cyril Wecht and the case should be reopened.
Some how it just seems impossible that if Rebecca was so distraught to have considered suicide she would not have gone to all the trouble of all the tying up, the shirt in the mouth etc.
Interesting that Dr. Wecht said in all his experience, he has never seen a suicide by a woman who was nude. Said that just does not happen.

I feel so sorry for Rebecca's family to be going through this.

Still here, popping in to see if anything new has been posted and keeping my ears open here in San Diego...

True. I have instructed my girls since they were little that if they needed help to scream Fire! People are more inclined to run to you to help.

I would guess that these neighbors are heartsick that they didn't call 911. Hindsight is always 20/20.

A couple of weeks ago I joined friends of mine to help them with their daughter,who has severe autism ,while they trained for their service dog.
We shared a hotel suite that had separate bedrooms,LR and kitchen.
On the last night the child was just exhausted and at the end of her ability to cope.
She wanted something at bedtime and when she was told "no" she let out a blood curdling scream that seemed to go on forever.
Mom was able to quickly calm her ,but I was waiting for LE or someone from the hotel to come knocking at the door.
It never happened. If I was in a hotel and heard a child scream like that I would report it.I'd rather be wrong than find out later something had happened to the person.

And if you scream, "HELP-FIRE"... and even if no one comes to help... hopefully it'll cause them to at least call 911!

Forgive me ,since I haven't followed this case closely ,but do authorities know where the rope came from?
I don't believe Rebecca committed suicide,but Dr. Phil said something concerning Rebecca's state of mind earlier that week ,even that day, that would indicate she was not planning to commit suicide.
Our son committed an impulsive suicide .We know this because it was New Years Eve and he was making plans for that evening and for returning to school the following Monday.
He sat on his glasses earlier that week and that morning he asked my husband to get his glasses fixed when he ran some errands,because he needed them for school.
He also gave him a list of the fireworks he wanted for that night when his cousin ,who was his best friend ,came to spend the night.
Something happened in the following hours and he was gone .We kind of know some things ,but I don't want to put any blame on anyone because it involves young people . .Everyone left behind feels guilt .We all have the "what ifs". That's what happens with suicide,but in Rebecca's case,I just don't believe she did this. I don't even think it was meant to look like a suicide. There's somebody involved who is very sick. JMO

ETA: I shouldn't even use the term "put blame on someone" .No one is to blame. There is no way a teenager could imagine their words could trigger a suicide.

Yelling 911, 911, 911 might also be more effective. People would then have no doubt about the best course of action.

A couple of weeks ago I joined friends of mine to help them with their daughter,who has severe autism ,while they trained for their service dog.
We shared a hotel suite that had separate bedrooms,LR and kitchen.
On the last night the child was just exhausted and at the end of her ability to cope.
She wanted something at bedtime and when she was told "no" she let out a blood curdling scream that seemed to go on forever.
Mom was able to quickly calm her ,but I was waiting for LE or someone from the hotel to come knocking at the door.
It never happened. If I was in a hotel and heard a child scream like that I would report it.I'd rather be wrong than find out later something had happened to the person.
The thanks button just wasn't enough. My daughter has autism. I would rather explain her screams than have them ignored any day.

Forgive me ,since I haven't followed this case closely ,but do authorities know where the rope came from?
I don't believe Rebecca committed suicide,but Dr. Phil said something concerning Rebecca's state of mind earlier that week ,even that day, that would indicate she was not planning to commit suicide.
Our son committed an impulsive suicide .We know this because it was New Years Eve and he was making plans for that evening and for returning to school the following Monday.
He sat on his glasses earlier that week and that morning he asked my husband to get his glasses fixed when he ran some errands,because he needed them for school.
He also gave him a list of the fireworks he wanted for that night when his cousin ,who was his best friend ,came to spend the night.
Something happened in the following hours and he was gone .We kind of know some things ,but I don't want to put any blame on anyone because it involves young people . .Everyone left behind feels guilt .We all have the "what ifs". That's what happens with suicide,but in Rebecca's case,I just don't believe she did this. I don't even think it was meant to look like a suicide. There's somebody involved who is very sick. JMO

ETA: I shouldn't even use the term "put blame on someone" .No one is to blame. There is no way a teenager could imagine their words could trigger a suicide.

MissJames, :rose:
I am so sorry to read your comments about the loss of your son. It must be so hard for you not having him with you... and to think about the "what if"s.
Please know you are in my thoughts as I send you my deepest sympathy. :rose: I agree with you; I do not think Rebecca took her own life either.

still here...reading, usually several days behind, but still checking.

Me, too.

In every case I've followed, I've reached a point where I've run out of things to say (until there's a break in the case), but I still think about the victims every day and I still hope & pray for justice for them.

I also want to say that it's been a privilege and an honor to strive for justice for Rebecca & her family with all of you. In the past few weeks, I've been following a couple of other cases, but I've missed y'all.

:grouphug:

ETA: I plan on tuning into the Dr. Phil show - I'll try my best to give a play by play for those who are unable to watch.

Here we go.

I can't wait to hear what Dr. Wecht has to say!

Dr. Phil is doing a recap of yesterday's show.

Mary talking about the difficult decision to exhume Rebecca's body.

Paul Ciolino talking about witness who saw the woman @ the mansion on the night of the 12th "acting bizarre" - looking in windows.

Here are my notes (NOT direct quotes) from the show ...

Dr. Wecht:

1; four hemorrhages would cause concussion and with that amount of force render the person unconscious.

2. No injury to back of the neck just cartilage in front throat area. Cervical vertebrae not damaged as would be seen with body falling straight down.

3. In 3,000 suicide autopsies how do you bind your hands and your feet like this. It makes no sense.

4. Adhesive residue found on the body, but no tape present at scene.

5. In all of my autopsies (some 20,000) no woman has ever done this as fully described and in the nude.

6 A rush to judgement applies here. Why the hurry?

7. How could the authorities come to the suicide decision with what was known.

8. I cannot say with evidence I have seen it was a homicide, but I lean strongly to it being a homicide. It does not seem to be a suicide.

When asked what could cause these injuries to the head ...

A round smooth surface of an object or something fallen against caused these lacerations by force pressing down on the top of the head, lines of force from a blow. These type of forces could cause unconsciousness and that would explains how the rest was done.

Dr. Wecht when asked if he saw the case being re-opened said ...

Change the manner of death to undetermined. We have that category for cases like this. They need to declare it that and then go back and work at it. I am still leaning strongly to homicide.

Mary (Becky's sister) said ... Becky is a beautiful person inside and out. She would not hurt anybody including herself. I want the case to be re-opened and re-examined by an independent agency. We have lost trust in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member