GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading this so I may have missed this but didn't grandma hear anything if she beat her child to death that night? I can't imagine there wasn't a lot of noise.

It's been reported that the grandma was at work. I have to think that Tyler was screaming before and during this. Poor little baby. How could she?

@Brpkelly
Brian Kelly
#TylerDasher press conference at 3:15 per Prosecutor's office.

Of course... right in the middle of carpool time. Maybe I'll go early so I can get back in time.

The one on the left has been photo-shopped. She had pictures of herself in her FB album and she looked more like the one on the right. Not sure if they are still there.

With all of the photo-enhancing sites out there (Picnik is one that comes to mind), anyone can make themselves look flawless.

I hope they don't minimize,she had a multitude of people that loved her and that baby,even on facebook last night,all the friends posting to one another that loved him and her and in support.And what excuse for leaving your beautiful baby with nothing on,face down in the ground,alone.I just can't get the picture out of my mind and we didn't even physically see it,can you imagine someone actually doing it?

I only left for a bit and now I am soooo far behind. We see at least some level of minimisation in all maternal filicides in my opinion. Especially in cases where maternal involvement is not so cut and dried as in this case.

Allegations of substance abuse, mental illness, spousal abuse, sexual abuse have been used in conjunction with many, many cases - both by lay persons and attorneys. I think because maternal filicide so defies our own morality we seek answers to it. With that, in my opinion, also comes minimisation.

I've stated on other threads that here women who murder their infants are rarely incarcerated. More likely they are given medical treatment and probation due to an infanticide law that gives new mothers an automatic diminished responsibility defense. 150 years ago in England, when research into filicides first began, it was determined that married, middle class mothers who murder their young must be mad. Therefore, those women were generally exonerated even when they confessed. (Unmarried poor women didn't fare as well)

Those same stereotypes exist today in my opinion. Bless all those who don't want to believe parents can kill...I am one of the jaded that jump straight to the parent because after researching filicide for a quarter century images of what some parents are capable of are etched onto my soul. So yes, unfortunately, I can imagine someone doing it.

That's what I thought,also friends had to supply the recent photos of him,because the mother didn't have any recent ones.

This is a rumor. Prior to her FB getting locked down there were TONS of pics of him. I saw pics of him all over others' pages, as well.

There were pics of him out within 30 minutes of the SARA Alert going out yesterday.

Ya'll know we can't use certain adjectives to describe a suspect. We can discuss if that person looks sad, mad, eyes red, not red...etc. But we can't use any words that might be perjorative.

Just a heads up.

Of course I don't know Shelby but I hate her. How much did this little boy suffer before he took his last breathe? :(
I feel sorry for Shelby's friendds who were adamant about Shelby loving her son. My sympathies to all who loved Tyler.

I was thinking the exact same thing...having a conversation with myself in my head....I hate her! But how can I hate someone I don't even know? I don't know, but I feel I hate this person for what she's done. The level of callousness it would take to beat your own 1 year old baby to death and then throw his body away like garbage. I just cannot make sense of it. It's too horrible to comprehend.

fit of rage, drug-related, panic! He was having a fit & she killed him

as per KMOX 1120 AM

@Brpkelly
Brian Kelly

Of course... right in the middle of carpool time. Maybe I'll go early so I can get back in time.

want me to txt ya? LOL (turn on KMOX!!!!)

I just started reading this so I may have missed this but didn't grandma hear anything if she beat her child to death that night? I can't imagine there wasn't a lot of noise.

Haven't heard but (and this is just my guess) I think Tyler died sometime after grandma went to work. If mom did it before then, she would have run the risk of grandma noticing that Tyler was gone.

neighbors told police that there was a lot of activity.

Neighbor was getting ready to sell his house!!!

HEROIN involved!!!

@Brpkelly
Brian Kelly

Would that be 3:15 CENTRAL? 4:15 EASTERN...

Wow. In the mugshot, she's still looking a tad angry to me.

neighbors told police that there was a lot of activity.

Neighbor was getting ready to sell his house!!!

HEROIN involved!!!

Is this per the news? Do they cite a source? TIA!

ETA: Nevermind, KK, we posted at the same time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member