GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prison they talk about in this documentary (Peru) is the one WOO is talking about and the one I heard Joran was going to be going to.

:eek:
JMHO
fran

http://documentaryheaven.com/worlds-toughest-prison-mexico-and-peru/

WORLD’S TOUGHEST PRISON (MEXICO AND PERU)

PS...ETA.........I guess this only gives you a 5 minute clip before you install something. I'll look around for another link.......fran

Joran may be faced with the U.S. extradition request on the Alabama extortion charge sooner rather than later, IMO. Peru can send him to the US any time they want, from what I understand. If he goes to a U.S. prison at all, even awaiting trial here, his parole eligibility date could be set back for that time. Actually, does Peru allow Parole for convictions with detainers?

Thank you thank you thank you Fran. I've been looking for video that accurately depicts Lurigancho. I think that National Geogrpahic doc was taken down. (The one we found way back).

The National Geographic one was called "The World's Toughest Prisons" and was almost an hour. They covered 3 prisons in it. It actually showed the "water lines" and talked about the disease and showed how the sick ones get kicked out of the cell block and have to stay out in the "yard", where they just die.

I've been looking and looking for it - and it looks like its been taken down. Our Patty G. had it linked on her you tube account - but she couldn't post it there - she has a yahoo link to watch it - but that link doesn't work anymore either.

Make no mistake. Now he and Anita will start to scheme. And I think THAT
may be his final undoing. Moma's boy is about to find out how the worms really work! :woohoo:

I think his mother has truly written him off and has nothing to do with him.

IF he tries to "buy" his way around in there - all they will do isset him up to kill him and rob him.

anyone else see the irony in this?

i posted an article about lurigancho earlier in the thread but wise old owl posted most of the important details from it... i don't have the post # - sorry.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered: Has there been any indication that Joran will be under suicide watch? I tuned in to HLN for the sentencing and listened to subsequent commentary for a while and didn't hear any mention of this. Joran appeared to be highly stressed and in sheer disbelief about the imposed sentence and fine. He was sweating profusely, and the color seemed to drain from his face until he looked ghostly. I know that some might think that a sociopath doesn't take their own life, but in his current situation, Joran might be desperate enough to take the easy way out of his misery. jmo

Here's about a 10 minute video of the prison rumored Joran will be going to. It's in Spanish, but I don't think you need to know, specifically what they're saying. The visuals tell the story.

FWIW, in one short clip I saw for 20 20, they said there's 100 guards for 10,000 inmates. So, basically, the inmates RUN the prison. In '88 or so, there was a riot and 100's were killed

I understand they only get one 15 minute shower once a week. More inmates have aids than don't. The feeding line and 'food' you see,............that's how they feed them. A bucket, using their hands, inmates have to have their own cup/bowl. First come, first served. When it's gone, well, it's gone and come back next time. Oh, and that IS prisoners rumaging threw the waste of the prison. They're the poorer, less fortunate, often times the aids patients.

I saw the same documentary a long time ago that WOO was speaking of, so I remember some of the info from there.

JMHO
fran

La prisión, carcel o penal de Lurigancho

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMQ1lampZg"]La prisión, carcel o penal de Lurigancho - YouTube[/ame]

What happens if he appeals (which has already been rumored)? Will he stay in protective custody until the appeal is heard? So many questions...

I bet he feels duped thinking his 'sincere' confession would get him a lighter sentence only to get the book thrown at him. Heh...

I watched that NatGeo special on Peruvian prisons way back when. It was horrifying. But then again, I heard horror stories about Castro Castro as well and it looks likes he's been living a pretty good life there for the last 18+ months.

fran-- re: the second link

"this video contains content from national geographic, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

grrr.

At least outside of the prison.

Unless there are women in the prison I doubt he'll kill anyone while incarcerated. JVS has a need to kill women.

fran-- re: the second link

"this video contains content from national geographic, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

grrr.

I've been looking around for anything I can find about that prison. I'm reading a blog right now that has a three part series of a young 22 yo who went there. HE's talking about his experience. I want to read the whole thing before I link it here. Want to be sure of what the content is.

Be done in a few minutes.
fran

What happens if he appeals (which has already been rumored)? Will he stay in protective custody until the appeal is heard? So many questions...

I bet he feels duped thinking his 'sincere' confession would get him a lighter sentence only to get the book thrown at him. Heh...

I watched that NatGeo special on Peruvian prisons way back when. It was horrifying. But then again, I heard horror stories about Castro Castro as well and it looks likes he's been living a pretty good life there for the last 18+ months.

I agree. They talk about these horrid conditions, show documentaries on them, and then it's implied that foreigners with money can buy themselves a pretty good deal. And it appears that may be correct as far as Castro Castro is concerned.

Stephany's father pretty much implied it after the court session today.

I'd like to know where William Trickett Smith II ended up. It doesn't seem to have made the news and he just dropped out of sight. He murdered a Peruvian woman in a pretty heinous way and dismembered and dumped her in the ocean. How is he being treated wherever he is and why doesn't anyone seem to care?

MOO

ACK!!! :crazy:
Already 11 pages to read!! :banghead: Just got a Google Alert, that JVDS was sentenced to 28 years :great: and he was crying!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

okay - back to reading and trying to catch up with you all! :seeya:

Yes, 28 years but still not enough for this evil thing! Better than hints of less though! Woot!

I found it! I found it!

The entire documentary has been cut into 3 parts. It covers only two prisons - one in Mexico and Lurigancho.

This is part 2 - Lurigancho segment starts at 10:54

Here's part 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPNNu9szAg&feature=BFa&list=ULGVy_vT2h5Hk&lf=mfu_in_order"]National Geographic World's Toughest Prisons Part 2-3 - YouTube[/ame]

Then it continues to part 3 - here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVy_vT2h5Hk&feature=autoplay&list=ULpfPNNu9szAg&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1"]National Geographic World's Toughest Prisons Part 3-3 - YouTube[/ame]

Oh WOW!! I've read 2 pages already... and I want to

:gthanks:

luckyme, annalie, suzihawk, fran, epiphany, pkz, fifteen89!!!!!

Feels like I'm right there watching!! YOU GUYS

:yourock:

now I'll definitely have to watch Vinnie this afternoon!! :seeya:

anyone else see the irony in this?

i posted an article about lurigancho earlier in the thread but wise old owl posted most of the important details from it... i don't have the post # - sorry.

Heyya Redheadedgal,

As I watched JVS's sentencing today, with all his swaying and nodding; I felt as if I was watching him at his own funeral.

JVM of HLN, comments, Judgement Day.

Now, with mention of his imminent relocation to another prison,
I feel that he is going straight to hell, for a decade at the very least.

I don't think Joran was innocent in any of his crimes and I don't feel sorry for him, but there is something very sad about him. I don't know what it is, but it is there. Wish the mental work would be done on him so maybe he can be 'fixed' before release in the future.

I hope that poor Beth can accept that perhaps Luringacho is the best that can happen. He will never tell where Natalie is, and most likely there is nothing left if she was in the ocean. I know that must be horrible, but having him extradited to the U.S. will only ensure he lives a somewhat happy life in a nice Federal prison here. Federal prisons are more like big pajama parties, according to all the people I have talked with that have spent time in those and State ones.

I'm still not certain if any harm would come to Joran in Luringancho, he would not be possessing the cash. Some one, probably the female fan, would arrange to have it delivered, and he would be safe as long as the flow was on time. However, it still sucks big time there, even if you pay to stay alive. No pampering, cable t.v. (which even I can't afford), simply tasks, free eduction and more, that would happen here in the U.S.

Whatever happens, Joran does have some extremely bad juju owed to him by the Fates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa