"I'm not convinced DB is guilty" - Post your theories here.

In this video-SY is TO ME pretty adamant that Jersey is NOT involved with this case!!
I mean-he did not even want to give out the guy's name!!!
http://www.kmbc.com/r-video/29498238/detail.html

A little too adamant IMO.

IMO he is spinning. According to IDM, they went around the neighborhood asking specifically about JB and Jersey. Yet SY says (paraphrasing) they wanted to speak to him no more or no less than anyone else? And he didn't want to give out his name because he didn't want Jersey to get connected to this case, homeless or not. I don't think homeless has as much to do with it as his criminal past.

MOO

A little too adamant IMO.

IMO he is spinning. According to IDM, they went around the neighborhood asking specifically about JB and Jersey. Yet SY says (paraphrasing) they wanted to speak to him no more or no less than anyone else? And he didn't want to give out his name because he didn't want Jersey to get connected to this case, homeless or not. I don't think homeless has as much to do with it as his criminal past.

MOO

but he says-he is not a suspect in this case

but he says-he is not a suspect in this case

I don't believe him. We know JB was a suspect at one point at least. And IIRC, according to IDM, LE went around the neighborhood asking if people had seen JB or Jersey. Whether he is still a suspect or if they have really "moved on," I don't know, but at the time that video was done, I don't think there is any way he wasn't a suspect (or maybe POI would be better terminology). I also think it is reasonable to think LE might spin if they feel it would be beneficial to the case and I don't fault them for it.

MOO

I don't believe him. We know JB was a suspect at one point at least. And IIRC, according to IDM, LE went around the neighborhood asking if people had seen JB or Jersey. Whether he is still a suspect or if they have really "moved on," I don't know, but at the time that video was done, I don't think there is any way he wasn't a suspect (or maybe POI would be better terminology). I also think it is reasonable to think LE might spin if they feel it would be beneficial to the case and I don't have a problem with that.

MOO
everyone was a suspect in the beginning -
so when are we suppose to believe LE is not spinning? Are they spinning every time they speak to the media..are they always not telling us the truth..

everyone was a suspect in the beginning -
so when are we suppose to believe LE is not spinning? Are they spinning every time they speak to the media..are they always not tell us the truth..

IMO most of the time they would tell the truth to the media, but they are going to spin if they think it would be beneficial for some reason. And like I said, I don't fault them for it if it will help the investigation. It's just easy to see it happening sometimes, at least in hindsight.

- Jim Robert, spokesman for the Clay County Prosecutor’s office confirmed by phone Monday that John Tanko aka "Jersey" remains incarcerated at the Missouri Department of Corrections and is scheduled to be arraigned this week on a felony one charge; he is held on $10,000 bond. Missouri Department of Corrections Public Information Officer, Angie Morfeld, said during a phone call Monday that Tanko was arrested on Oct. 14 for violation of parole and was later charged on a felony one count of Tampering with a Motor Vehicle.
“He was charged with felony one after operating a Chrysler van without the owner’s consent,” Robert said.

Sounds to me like it went down as being arrested on a parole violation and later charged with Tampering with a Motor Vehicle. At least that's the way I read it.

- Jim Robert, spokesman for the Clay County Prosecutor’s office confirmed by phone Monday that John Tanko aka "Jersey" remains incarcerated at the Missouri Department of Corrections and is scheduled to be arraigned this week on a felony one charge; he is held on $10,000 bond. Missouri Department of Corrections Public Information Officer, Angie Morfeld, said during a phone call Monday that Tanko was arrested on Oct. 14 for violation of parole and was later charged on a felony one count of Tampering with a Motor Vehicle.
“He was charged with felony one after operating a Chrysler van without the owner’s consent,” Robert said.

Sounds to me like it went down as being arrested on a parole violation and later charged with Tampering with a Motor Vehicle. At least that's the way I read it.
Is a person arrested then charged or charged then arrested?

I am not being snarky when I say this=but I find video where LE is saying some one is not a suspect-that a lot of people are calling a good one-and now we are not to believe it-b/c they are spinning..I mean what can we believe in this case anymore?Is everyone lying and spinning.

In this case, Jersey was arrested on the parole violation and then charged with the Tampering.

It could be that they had to contact the owner of the vehicle to find out if he had permission to be using it, the parole violation was a given at the time. I do believe, but won't say for certain the charges were all made that very day IIRC.

Tampering with a motor vehicle is the way stealing a vehicle is stated in Missouri. He was sentenced for stealing the grey van he was driving when he was arrested. Jim Spellman, I think it was, confirmed this charge was for the van theft.

Thanks for the information, I am still confused though. What is the difference between auto theft and tampering with a motor vehicle in Missouri? Here's an example of why I ask:
http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext?nxd_id=253772
<snip>
"Lukehart is charged with resisting arrest by fleeing and car theft. He's being held without bond.
<snip>
Van Wicklin is charged with tampering with a motor vehicle. He's being held on a $15,000 bond."

Nevertheless, you are right -the October 13 charge looks to be related to the van, which I did not realize until your subsequent post. I guess I thought he was just breaking into the vehicle....still bad, but not auto-theft.

Since I now know your law sees tampering with a motor vehicle as auto-theft, then he has been confined twice before for the same thing - just no breaking and entering.

How do we stretch car theft into stealing a baby and three phones? Transportation seems to be his focus.

A mini-van? I guess we could stretch it even further into he was planning on having a large family soon??

I think that we are all pretty much OT here. I'm going to move on to other threads. :D

I don't think it's off topic to discuss possible perps other than DB if one believes DB is innocent, which is what I assumed the thread was about.

I'm back and forth on it. Sometimes I jump off the fence when new information makes me go, hmmmm....and sometimes I jump off to avoid creases lol. For the most part... here I sit... :fence:

Thanks for the information, I am still confused though. What is the difference between auto theft and tampering with a motor vehicle in Missouri? Here's an example of why I ask:
http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext?nxd_id=253772
<snip>
"Lukehart is charged with resisting arrest by fleeing and car theft. He's being held without bond.
<snip>
Van Wicklin is charged with tampering with a motor vehicle. He's being held on a $15,000 bond."

Nevertheless, you are right -the October 13 charge looks to be related to the van, which I did not realize until your subsequent post. I guess I thought he was just breaking into the vehicle....still bad, but not auto-theft.

Since I now know your law sees tampering with a motor vehicle as auto-theft, then he has been confined twice before for the same thing - just no breaking and entering.

How do we stretch car theft into stealing a baby and three phones? Transportation seems to be his focus.

A mini-van? I guess we could stretch it even further into he was planning on having a large family soon??

I had never heard that term until this case, I wonder if it depends on how the vehicle was stolen? I really don't know, but ie: hot wiring and breaking a window to gain access to the car as opposed to stealing one with the doors unlocked and keys in ignition maybe? :waitasec: Anyone have the legal terminolgy on this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Never Ending
Back