State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean?

It means the accident was just that, an accident !!

This is the state trooper that was called later after the murder and even though he insisted it was an accident, the Pros tried to slide it in as a possible murder attempt.

Wow! Can't believe they found him! Please keep us up to date on his testimony. I am SUPER interested.

This is not related to the supposed wreck that JY claims he was a first responder to. This is the wreck that JY and MY had after which she lost the 2nd baby.

Why not settle the Size 10 shoe argument in court?

Why is it a bad idea for Jason to be asked to try and put his foot in a pair of the Franklins?

For a second I thought, good idea then I went back to what I would do if it was me and remembered old demonstrations in the past.

Scott Peterson trial where the defense had some lackey on a boat, on the bay, attempting to to dump a mock dummy of Laci's body while standing straight up and rocking the boat and dumping himself out and he looked like a complete fool. The way it would have been done anyone's grandmother could have done by centering yourself on your knees in the boat and using your knees and underarms to roll the body up and over the boat, all the while keeping your balance.

Saw this with OJ "if the glove don't fit...." and we all know the rest.

It would take Jason to exaggerate attempting to put the shoe on, curling his toes, grunting and groaning, popping out those icky veins in his head to show exertion and oh no, it couldn't have been Jason. Jason needs a night of high sodium, low urination, keeping those legs dangling and swollen legs and feet could help the exaggerated show he would put on.

Too many people are gullible and have bought into so many of his silly theories as it is. I truly believe if there was a videotape of him committing the crime, there would be people coming up with conspiracy theories that it wasn't Jason.

It means the accident was just that, an accident !!

This is the state trooper that was called later after the murder and even though he insisted it was an accident, the Pros tried to slide it in as a possible murder attempt.

Since this guy arrived after JY and Michelle had been taken to the hospital, what can he really provide here ?

You seem to be rooting for the defense, as if this were a football game or as if you had some personal stake in it.

Omg, Trooper Hicks!!!

I put him on the defense list last nite.

He investigated the auto accident !!

Tire impressions showed it was an accident.

Defense opening with a BANG !!!

:woohoo:

Wow! Can't believe they found him! Please keep us up to date on his testimony. I am SUPER interested.

They are discussing and looking at the accident report.

I would imagine they have made copies and will pass to the Jurors.

Omg, I do not believe this !

You seem to be rooting for the defense, as if this were a football game or as if you had some personal stake in it.

After 15 days of the state's case, and the Pros trying to pass this off as something sinister, this is great news to hear.

I never could understand with Jason being in the car as well, how anyone could think differently.

This is something I was not prepared for.....so, I am more shocked than anything.
jmo

As critical as many have been of Holt and Cummings, they are not idiots. What I might go along with is to have another man who wears size 12 shoes try on a pair of Franklin size 10s. I would also have the same demonstrator place his hands in the shoes to see how they would fit.

I nominate Mr. Gracielee

Since this guy arrived after JY and Michelle had been taken to the hospital, what can he really provide here ?

IMO, DT having a decorated State Trooper testifying "for the defense" (not called by State) is also a matter of juror perception. It's not an uncommon practice - not necessarily a State Trooper, but DT calling LE to the stand, regardless of what its for, give the impression defense case is supported by LE.

I know that...

Oh, sorry. I thought from your post that you were thinking it was the other wreck since you seem surprised and excited that they found him.

I didn't realize that he wasn't able to be found before so I thought you were thinking it was the other accident.

Trooper Hicks saying they BOTH had their seatbelts on.....

They went to the hospital.

He saw them after they returned to the scene.

IMO, DT having a decorated State Tropper testifying "for the defense" (not called by State) is also a matter of juror perception. It's not an uncommon practice - not necessarily a State Trooper, but DT calling LE to the stand, regardless of what its for, give the impression defense case is supported by LE.

Agreed. But a military guy is going to wear his dress blues in lieu of a suit anyways, so I don't think it's necessarily an "act". Nonetheless, it does lend credence to his testimony, even if just subconsciously.

Oh, sorry. I thought from your post that you were thinking it was the other wreck since you seem surprised and excited that they found him.

I didn't realize that he wasn't able to be found before so I thought you were thinking it was the other accident.

Wow, wouldn't it be something if they found that guy too?

:eek:

No, I appreciate your comment, especially if mine was misleading to anyone else! I assumed, since he did not testify for either side in the first trial that there may have been some issue locating him (i.e. moved out of state, etc.). Obviously, that was wrong.

Very impressive witness. Questions if I'm the prosecution.

1. Did you know Jason and Michelle Young had $1 million life insurance policies at the time of the accident?
2. Did you know that Jason Young had left Cassidy Young with family when he and Michelle "went out for coffee" before traveling back to Raleigh?
3. In your experience, do people sometimes try to fraudulently collect on insurance policies via automobile accidents?
4. Are you aware that Mr. Young told Michelle Young to "get over it" after losing the baby she was carrying before the accident?
5. (An ode to the Jeffrey MacDonald trial cross examinations) Were you present at 5108 Birchleaf the night of Nov. 3, 2006?

I have nothing further.

Omg, it was a 55 mile zone, and Jason was only driving 40 miles!!

He is describing the sharpness of the turn.

IMO, DT having a decorated State Trooper testifying "for the defense" (not called by State) is also a matter of juror perception. It's not an uncommon practice - not necessarily a State Trooper, but DT calling LE to the stand, regardless of what its for, give the impression defense case is supported by LE.

I'm sure the trooper is following the defense instructions by wearing his US military uniform (which, as a . veteran is perfectly legal). However, I find it disingenuous at best, asking for his testimony as a trooper and having dress as he did as a helicopter instructor.

He may be an excellent accident investigator, but he's not dressed as one.

This seems irrelevant to me, nothing to do with current murder trial. But, of course they are going in depth with it, trying to make Jason Young look innocent of any wrongdoing, pfftt !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member