State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree. LOL!

But true character witnesses are those who will have nice things to say if he is convicted. That is what a character witness is.

Now he may not have any that stand up for him except his family. Guess we will have to wait and see if and when he is convicted.

If he's convicted, and it's 1st (which it should be 1st if he's convicted of anything), then there's no sentencing, it's just life.

If it's 2nd, he gets a minimum of 7 years, average of 20, but the Judge doesn't always accept character witnesses in making that determination. I only really see character witnesses for sentencing purposes if it's a death case, and that's because the jury still decides that portion as well.

Kim had too much fodder for cross. I think that's why she was never even in the courtroom, because then the Prosecution likely would have called her to the stand.

And I think they didn't testify on his behalf because they wouldn't. I can't think of another reason not to parade up witnesses (credible witnesses) who say he's a really good guy.

:waitasec:

Why would showing to court as a spectator have any bearing on her being called to the stand?

The lack of forced entry puzzled me somewhat.

The PT has made JY into a great planner so if he planned all of this out carefully why wouldnt he make sure the door was broken into with a crowbar for example before he left the scene?

Maybe he just forgot to do that.

I agree the PT made great strides today but the unknown size 10 shoe issue is still a mystery. I dont think Jayson was wearing shoes that were two sizes smaller than his 12 size shoe. So no matter how this ends that will continue to nag at me.

I dont think anyone really believes he had help.

IMO
the size 10 shoes don't make or break for me. the HP 12's make it more than break it jmo No, I don't think it was a coincidence that the print is HP 12, truly, how unlucky can a guy get?

I use it sometimes if I really am lacking self control that day - it keeps me from responding and twisting myself into a TO.

I can certainly understand that but for me I am a very laid back and easygoing and posts from others really dont upset me even if I dont agree with them.

The only time I have been riled up (LOL!) was if someone was attacking me personally instead of my posts but even then I dont put them on ignore. Thats just me though and I know others deal with it differently and they are certainly entitled to do what they think is best.

I truly enjoy seeing both sides of any debate as long as the poster does it respectfully and for the most part on this case I think posters have been very calm and just state their opinions.

IMO

:waitasec:

Why would showing to court as a spectator have any bearing on her being called to the stand?

If you're in the courtroom, either side can call you, you don't have to be subpoenaed.

And I think the prosecution would have loved to grill her on her posts/emails to/about Jason.

If he's convicted, and it's 1st (which it should be 1st if he's convicted of anything), then there's no sentencing, it's just life.

If it's 2nd, he gets a minimum of 7 years, average of 20, but the Judge doesn't always accept character witnesses in making that determination. I only really see character witnesses for sentencing purposes if it's a death case, and that's because the jury still decides that portion as well.

I thought the NC structured sentencing for a class 2 felony w/ no priors was 13 years minimum?
7 years? Are you serious?

the size 10 shoes don't make or break for me. the HP 12's make it more than break it jmo No, I don't think it was a coincidence that the print is HP 12, truly, how unlucky can a guy get?

It sure bothers me because the size ten shoe was the one that could be seen in the blood the most. The HP prints were not visable to the naked eye and had to be forensically tested in order to be seen. It seems whoever wore the 10 size shoes was heavier than the one wearing the HP shoes that didnt even make an impression that could be seen with the naked eye.

I will always wonder who wore those unknown shoes because I dont think it was Jayson.

IMO

I don't go by my feelings when I evaluate a case. I go by the evidence shown, and look at each item and each element.

Because I know that not everything in a case with a lot of C.E. is just a coincidence, though only a few items surely could be, I see how it looks in totality. I look for things that corroborate, like the receipt and ID of vehicle in Gracie's witness statement, to determine what seems reasonable and is verifiable. I keep in mind a big picture view, while looking at the details.

I assume neither guilt or innocence and just look at evidence as it comes out. I do consider behavior as part of the circumstances and that is added to the mix.

There is so much in the JY case that it really is a mountain. It's almost overwhelming the number of coincidences that befell one person within a mere 12 hours. His own behaviors did not help his cause. There aren't enough yoga poses to make the stretch that every single thing is just a coinky dink. It's never just one thing in these cases, it truly is the totality that provides the necessary picture. While I'm not about to list them, I suspect there are well over 100 or 150 line items that could easily be on a list. At some point there's a "c'mon no one is THAT unlucky or lucky."

Very well said!

I thought the NC structured sentencing for a class 2 felony w/ no priors was 13 years minimum?
7 years? Are you serious?

7 years, 10 months, according to my statute book. I'm seeing a lot of articles that reference there may be a change in that soon?

"Currently, the minimum sentence for second-degree murder is seven years and 10 months. Felton is pushing to change state law to move second-degree murder from a B2 felony to a B1 felony, which would increase the minimum sentence to 12 years."

Others are pushing to have it at 15 years.

I guess we will always have unanswered questions.

For the life of me I dont know why he couldnt accomplish strangling her. She was much smaller than he is and 5 months pregnant.

And who balances one hand on the sheetrock while they are beating someone with the other hand? That just doesnt make sense to me.

If he didnt use the gloves for the beating that Michelle cruelly received he would have to have injuries to his knuckles. This was a horrific beating and the PT seems to say he beat her with his fists since they never said he hit her with some type of bludgeoning weapon. Unless I missed that too. Did the ME testify to what he thought made the wounds to her head?

IMO
Unless you have been there, how do any of us know what happens at this moment? It is too hoffiric to imagine without living it, jmo.

If you're in the courtroom, either side can call you, you don't have to be subpoenaed.

And I think the prosecution would have loved to grill her on her posts/emails to/about Jason.

Wow. I didn't know this.

I guess we will always have unanswered questions.

For the life of me I dont know why he couldnt accomplish strangling her. She was much smaller than he is and 5 months pregnant.

And who balances one hand on the sheetrock while they are beating someone with the other hand? That just doesnt make sense to me.

If he didnt use the gloves for the beating that Michelle cruelly received he would have to have injuries to his knuckles. This was a horrific beating and the PT seems to say he beat her with his fists since they never said he hit her with some type of bludgeoning weapon. Unless I missed that too. Did the ME testify to what he thought made the wounds to her head?

IMO

I believe they thought it was something akin to a bat?

Anyone know of a text service for verdict watch? (No, I don't want tweets about everything that happens, just a text.) TIA!

7 years, 10 months, according to my statute book. I'm seeing a lot of articles that reference there may be a change in that soon?

"Currently, the minimum sentence for second-degree murder is seven years and 10 months. Felton is pushing to change state law to move second-degree murder from a B2 felony to a B1 felony, which would increase the minimum sentence to 12 years."

Others are pushing to have it at 15 years.

I think the last thing I saw on it's move was Senate 105 last year. They had it in there to bump to 15 or 16.

It passed, didn't it? Final result was a B1

I'm not a famous person or a great philosopher, but I think it's better that one innocent person be found not guilty and stay out of prison and the 10 guilty be found guilty and be put in prison.

In a perfect world, just saying....

Unless you have been there, how do any of us know what happens at this moment? It is too hoffiric to imagine without living it, jmo.

Well unfortunately I do know a husband can get bruised knuckles if they beat their wife. It happened to me by my ex-husband who put me in the hospital for three weeks with a concussion and a blood clot on the brain.

When he was arrested he still had bruising on his hands........thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammy.was.low