**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the fruit snacks that CY told the day care worker daddy gave her??? If that is what you mean than IMO the new kind of fruit snacks was the medicine JY gave to CY but the jury never heard that fruit snack testimony.

Ah TY! so that was probably the hydrocodine cough med or Extra strength AdultTylenol then maybe?

TY SteelerGirl43! a sneaker couldn't do as much as a leather hush puppy but a bare foot can kill someone and bust out teeth... it just leaves marks and hurts the other person as well! :)

Do you mean the fruit snacks that CY told the day care worker daddy gave her??? If that is what you mean than IMO the new kind of fruit snacks was the medicine JY gave to CY but the jury never heard that fruit snack testimony.

Yea.. But I was responding to the person who said Daddy gave me fruit.... She simply could have meant after the death of her mother that daddy gave her some fruit snacks @ MF house....
When I work outside the home I work with children & they will tell you everything without asking... One lil girl always talked about how mommy always gave her juice before coming to daycare... She would just simply say mommy gave me juice this morning.. She was 3... Another little boy told us how his daddy would wear his mommy's clothes when mommy wasn't home.. Oh yes he did.. LMAO!!! Another told us how his mommy called his daddy an A hole, but he said the word.... Kids will tell you anything... LOL!!!

Holy cow. I never thought of that.

Ah TY! so that was probably the hydrocodine cough med or Extra strength AdultTylenol then maybe?

TY SteelerGirl43! a sneaker couldn't do as much as a leather hush puppy but a bare foot can kill someone and bust out teeth... it just leaves marks and hurts the other person as well! :)

Did you read the autopsy report??? Theres no way a bare foot did that to MY head... IMO

During the defense closing why did Klink claim that the murderer realized he needed new shoes (as his was bloody) and that he went to the first closet that he saw and looked for shoes? The first closet that the killer would have seen was Jason's as Michelle was right in front of it. So is it the defense's claim then that the killer went to the other side of the bed and into that closet because it was the first one he saw?

Also, in a post several pages back someone said something to the effect of how did Jason plug the camera at the hotel back in without leaving fingerprints or something to that effect. The thing is Jason did not plug it back in. An employee at the hotel did.

As far as the shoes go and if Jason could fit into a size 10 pair of Franklins when he wore a size 12 Hush Puppies and wanting Jason to have tried on the shoes there in the courtroom, I feel that the only way that could have been fairly done in the courtroom is if someone that had nothing at all to do with the case would have put them on Jason themselves. I sold shoes for a year right after I graduated high school. When you go into one of those types of stores you have an employee that will measure your feet for you (if you want them to) and they will put the shoes on you themselves. I would have loved to have have someone like that try that experiment with Jason. Jason would not have been able to make them not fit without the person knowing what he was doing.

As far as no trace evidence from the home to the hotel, that is a red flag in itself. Jason should have under normal circumstances brought in trace evidence from the home into the hotel if he had spent any real time in the hotel. The fact that he didn't tells me he did not spend the night at the hotel as he claims.

Hopefully the jury has had a restful weekend and they are ready to get back to work in the morning and can come to a unanimous verdict.

MOO

Great points! And you are so right. Jason just came from his home, shouldn't there have been 'normal' traces of himself and his 'home' in the room then? Excellent point.

During the defense closing why did Klink claim that the murderer realized he needed new shoes (as his was bloody) and that he went to the first closet that he saw and looked for shoes? The first closet that the killer would have seen was Jason's as Michelle was right in front of it. So is it the defense's claim then that the killer went to the other side of the bed and into that closet because it was the first one he saw?

Also, in a post several pages back someone said something to the effect of how did Jason plug the camera at the hotel back in without leaving fingerprints or something to that effect. The thing is Jason did not plug it back in. An employee at the hotel did.

As far as the shoes go and if Jason could fit into a size 10 pair of Franklins when he wore a size 12 Hush Puppies and wanting Jason to have tried on the shoes there in the courtroom, I feel that the only way that could have been fairly done in the courtroom is if someone that had nothing at all to do with the case would have put them on Jason themselves. I sold shoes for a year right after I graduated high school. When you go into one of those types of stores you have an employee that will measure your feet for you (if you want them to) and they will put the shoes on you themselves. I would have loved to have have someone like that try that experiment with Jason. Jason would not have been able to make them not fit without the person knowing what he was doing.

As far as no trace evidence from the home to the hotel, that is a red flag in itself. Jason should have under normal circumstances brought in trace evidence from the home into the hotel if he had spent any real time in the hotel. The fact that he didn't tells me he did not spend the night at the hotel as he claims.

Hopefully the jury has had a restful weekend and they are ready to get back to work in the morning and can come to a unanimous verdict.

MOO

I 100% agree he never "stayed in that room"
I think MY told him over the phone once she "thought" he was far away it was OVER and he was calling mF all of the sudden because she was the new marriage counselor. JY was prob begging MF to "fix" MY suggested an anniversary gift for starters?... only he rushed home n killed her:(
IDK why all the calls?
MOO

Missing cans from the home, or buying gas to fill said gas cans would be a lot easier to trace. Using cash to get gas makes more sense.

He's not brilliant, he's just a sociopath that planned and premeditated the murder.

Everyone can't understand how it could be Jason because there's not a lot of physical evidence. This amazes me because the fact remains, Michelle was brutally murdered and there's no evidence pointing to anyone but Jason. It's over and beyond a reasonable doubt that anyone else did it, the only reasonable conclusion is that Jason did it.

I actually have to disagree with you on this. Other than the shoe prints similiar to 3 HP brands of shoes, I can't think of another piece of evidence at the scene that could point to JY. There is an abundance of evidence pointing to other individuals: Two different fingerpints, unidentified hair, size 10 Franklin shoes, unknown print on medicine dropper in CY's room, tight travel schedule, two eyewitnesses stating a strange car in driveway between 5 and 6 in morning (one of which says 2 people were in the car). I could go on, but I simply think there is reasonable doubt pointing to JY having commited this murder. MOO

Yea.. But I was responding to the person who said Daddy gave me fruit.... She simply could have meant after the death of her mother that daddy gave her some fruit snacks @ MF house....
When I work outside the home I work with children & they will tell you everything without asking... One lil girl always talked about how mommy always gave her juice before coming to daycare... She would just simply say mommy gave me juice this morning.. She was 3... Another little boy told us how his daddy would wear his mommy's clothes when mommy wasn't home.. Oh yes he did.. LMAO!!! Another told us how his mommy called his daddy an A hole, but he said the word.... Kids will tell you anything... LOL!!!

You are so right kids will say anything:) That is why it probably was a very wise and fair decision the judge made in not allowing that testimony on fruit snacks to be heard by the jury. I think it is pretty safe to say whichever way we view the evidence whether being pro PT or pro DT we all like the way this judge has conducted the trial.

I can see her having trace evidence of other people on her when found and other finger prints in her bedroom it was girls night. JY entertained another woman in their bedroom I'm sure she had been in there with MY before too. ~jmo they don't strike me as the kind of people that keep their guests on the lower level... not with a small child...

I 100% agree he never "stayed in that room"
I think MY told him over the phone once she "thought" he was far away it was OVER and he was calling mF all of the sudden because she was the new marriage counselor. JY was prob begging MF to "fix" MY suggested an anniversary gift for starters?... only he rushed home n killed her:(
IDK why all the calls?
MOO

Maybe Im misunderstanding you, but what you are saying doesnt make sense.... So you are saying that AFTER he got to Va that MY told him it was over? So he started calling MF and she suggested the purse? So can you explain why he looked at purses before he left if MF suggested them that night???

So she told him it was over, why get mad.. Isnt that what everyone has been saying he wanted.. No marriage no kids... He would be free.....

Cant have it both ways..... Now maybe Im misunderstanding you if so could you please explain ... Thanks

Your post reminded me of something.
I know it's the law but I don't have to agree with it. lol I disagree with
leaving out certain information that happened and has been deemed
prejudicial because it will affect the jury's outcome or show a defendant
in a bad light. It is what it is and if he did the crime etc etc

Not just this case but everyone I have followed. I believe it should
come out about the medicine maybe given CY. If it happened then
the jury should get to hear this and make their own decision.

I think that affected the outcome of the CA case. MOO

How can anyone make a fair judgement without knowing the
whole case. KWIM?

I can see her having trace evidence of other people on her when found and other finger prints in her bedroom it was girls night. JY entertained another woman in their bedroom I'm sure she had been in there with MY before too. ~jmo they don't strike me as the kind of people that keep their guests on the lower level... not with a small child...

A girls night? It was just her and SS eating & watching GA.... They could have ruled MM fingerprints out..... And Im sure they did....

When did JY entertain another woman in their bedroom??

Totally O/T sorry & Snipped by me... ain't that the truth! My uncle was riding in his car in Dallas when he was hit by Delta flight 191. Killed instantly simply driving down the road by an airplane that hit windshear and crashed. How likely is that?!

Not likely at all. And so horrible. I'm so sad to hear that that happened to your family!

But I would not call what has happened to Jason Young unlucky. It's not one, horrible yet rare incident. We are talking a whole series of "unlikely" coincidences.

I think the guy is a guilty as can be. Just looking at human nature and how innocent people react to their spouses' murder or death tells me all I want to know. But I can see how some could say there may exist reasonable doubt. That is a far cry, though, from saying he didn't do it or is innocent.

Reasonable doubt says he may have done it but the evidence or lack thereof creates the reasonable possibility that the defendant did not commit the crime.

I will be on pins and needles to see what this jury does. I think how the prosecution handled the size 10 shoe prints is a problem, from what I have read posted. I'm not sure how they handled the lack of evidence in his car. When a person commits such a bloody crime, it can be hard to hide all evidence. But not at all impossible. That was what should have been communicated to the jury. That someone can clean up, discard clothing before entering a vehicle, etc. That if the body wasn't transported in the vehicle, transfer evidence would be easier to keep out of the vehicle, etc.

I just don't know how the prosecution did. I guess I'll see.

Not likely at all. And so horrible. I'm so sad to hear that that happened to your family!

But I would not call what has happened to Jason Young unlucky. It's not one, horrible yet rare incident. We are talking a whole series of "unlikely" coincidences.

I think the guy is a guilty as can be. Just looking at human nature and how innocent people react to their spouses' murder or death tells me all I want to know. But I can see how some could say there may exists reasonable doubt. That is a far cry, though, from saying he didn't do it or is innocent.

Reasonable doubt says he may have done it but the evidence or lack thereof creates the reasonable possibility that the defendant did not commit the crime.

I will be on pins and needles to see what this jury does. I think how the prosecution handled the size 10 shoe prints is a problem, from what I have read posted. I'm not sure how they handled the lack of evidence in his car. When a person commits such a bloody crime, it can be hard to hide all evidence. But not at all impossible. That was what should have been communicated to the jury. That someone can clean up, discard clothing before entering a vehicle, etc. That if the body wasn't transported in the vehicle, transfer evidence would be easier to keep out of the vehicle, etc.

I just don't know how the prosecution did. I guess I'll see.

What was different in the civil case that enabled the jury to find him responsible for the death?

A girls night? It was just her and Michelle M eating & watching GA.... They could have ruled MM fingerprints out..... And Im sure they did....

When did JY entertain another woman in their bedroom??

No no no not MM watching greys with MY but Shelly Shad....

I don't think he did entertain another woman in his bedroom at least that we heard about in this trial. CS and JY made love on the sofa downstairs while CY was in bed upstairs and MY was out of town.

What was different in the civil case that enabled the jury to find him responsible for the death?

Different burden of proof. Preponderance of evidence vs. beyond a reasonable doubt. That, and no defense was put up either.

No no no not MM watching greys with MY but Shelly Shad....

I don't think he did entertain another woman in his bedroom at least that we heard about in this trial. CS and JY made love on the sofa downstairs while CY was in bed upstairs and MY was out of town.

You're right Grammy.... I didnt mean MM.. OOPS! My bad...

Maybe Im misunderstanding you, but what you are saying doesnt make sense.... So you are saying that AFTER he got to Va that MY told him it was over? So he started calling MF and she suggested the purse? So can you explain why he looked at purses before he left if MF suggested them that night???

So she told him it was over, why get mad.. Isnt that what everyone has been saying he wanted.. No marriage no kids... He would be free.....

Cant have it both ways..... Now maybe Im misunderstanding you if so could you please explain ... Thanks

Sure! IMO those kinda guys want what they can't have. It's all about the chase. He had printed out the e-bay pics but had he actually purchased the purse? If so why race to the house Fri am? The print outs were there all night thurs night. What made it sooo important for MF to go to the house FRI AM? Why did she feel the need to check on her sister? What did she know? Did she ever really say? I never heard it... ( but like I said I've only been following since MF took the stand)

They would if he cut across the toes of the shoes. This way he
would leave a full imprint. I'm assuming they were tossed anyway
after they served their purpose. So it can be done.

When you have to do something many things come to mind.
His feet would still be in the shoes with enough weight to make
that imprint.

Where there's a will you'll find a way! JMO

Hate to bring up the shoes again, but here in the hills o rural NC, folks will often cut off the top front toe area of their ol sneakers. I have also seen sides cut out as well for summer/gardening/farmin shoes. just sayin. Personally, I think he would be willing to put up with the discomfort. He was still so angry, SEETHING, with MY when he testified last year about the deleted phone message- 5 years later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53