Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 2

Whitney Houston Died from Accidental Drowning: Source

Whitney Houston's official cause of death was due to accidental drowning, a source close to the investigation tells PEOPLE.

The singer, 48, was also found to have cocaine in her system at the time of her death, the source confirms. Contributing factors of her death included heart disease and cocaine use, an investigation found.

more at link

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20569493_20581165,00.html

Thanks, 21merc7. Just saw the notice on Twitter.

I was expecting the release of the official report tomorrow at the latest, based on rumors from last week sometime. It should be coming soon, in any case.

The results of the Death Investigation from the BHPD should be interesting. I wonder who, if anyone, will be cited as the person who provided the cocaine.

~jmo~

ETA: CNN reporting it's official from the Coroner's office.

Oh no! That means if someone had been closeby, checking on her like they should have been, she could have been saved. Cocaine doesn't stay in your system long, so she had to have done it very soon before her death. I still think Ray J was there and took off when he realized she was dead.

CNN story:

LINK

Other drugs identified in Houston's body were marijuana, alprazolam (Xanax), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and diphenhydramine (Benadryl), but they "did not contribute to the death," the report said. Flexeril is a muscle relaxant, and Benadryl is an allergy medicine.

No trauma or foul play is suspected, the report said. The final coroner's report will be available within two weeks, the coroner's office said.

rather thought they might find cocaine in her system. She was in the enviornment and it is hard to kick that kind of addiction without relapse. Sad.

Although I had expected the Manner of Death to be ruled Accidental, the surprise finding for me is the absence of alcohol in her system. It's possible that it could be mentioned in the full report but not as a contributing factor.

~jmo~

Double COD:

The official cause of death for Whitney Houston is drowning and "effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use," according to a report released Thursday by the Los Angeles County Department of the Coroner.

(bolding mine)

msnbc LINK

HLN tonight: Jane Velez-Mitchell and Dr. Drew will both cover Whitney's COD.

Double COD:

The official cause of death for Whitney Houston is drowning and "effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use," according to a report released Thursday by the Los Angeles County Department of the Coroner.

(bolding mine)

msnbc LINK

I'll have to read more but I think they don't mean that she had cocaine in her system at the time of death but that they are blaming her past cocaine use and the damage that it caused her heart as a contributing factor.

Ed Winter, spokesman for the Los Angeles cororner's office, told ABCNews.com that the singer's cause of death was drowning aggravated by a pre-existing heart condition called atherosclerotic heart disease. Cocaine was also found in her system, but the coroner's office refused to comment on how much of the drug was found during the toxicology testing. But in the official report under the category "HOW INJURY OCCURRED" it is noted that the singer was "found submerged in bathtub filled with water; cocaine intake."

Source: abcnews

This appears to be the official statement from the Coroner:

Coroner’s Autopsy Report on Whitney Houston

Submerged. Hmmmm. That sounds like she was completely under water if the coroner doesn't say her head was submerged. I still think Ray J was there. You can't tell me there were NO illicit drugs in the room. They didn't disappear by themselves.

Double COD:

(bolding mine)

msnbc LINK

I'm confused. Help. :)

So did she have a heart attack because of the cocaine use THEN drown in the tub? I know coke causes heart problems and heart attacks; I lived in the crazy 80's. I know coke does not make you sleepy and the sleepy-type meds (benedryl, flexeril) are said NOT to have contributed? See my confusion? ;)

Submerged. Hmmmm. That sounds like she was completely under water if the coroner doesn't say her head was submerged. I still think Ray J was there. You can't tell me there were NO illicit drugs in the room. They didn't disappear by themselves.

Bang On.

I know of people who would throw a person who had too much coke into the shower/tub....to bring them back...more will be revealed, I'd bet. I want to know how much coke.

I'll have to read more but I think they don't mean that she had cocaine in her system at the time of death but that they are blaming her past cocaine use and the damage that it caused her heart as a contributing factor.

I just read something that said they found coke in her system but refused to elaborate on how much...don't recall where....? If I have time, I'll look....

Ed Winter, spokesman for the Los Angeles cororner's office, told ABCNews.com that the singer's cause of death was drowning aggravated by a pre-existing heart condition called atherosclerotic heart disease. Cocaine was also found in her system, but the coroner's office refused to comment on how much of the drug was found during the toxicology testing. But in the official report under the category "HOW INJURY OCCURRED" it is noted that the singer was "found submerged in bathtub filled with water; cocaine intake."

Source: abcnews

This appears to be the official statement from the Coroner:

Coroner’s Autopsy Report on Whitney Houston

Thank you. It was you that posted it, shana, lol...:) My mind is not playing games. ;)

They say metabolites of cocaine were found and that means she not only used cocaine pretty soon prior to her death (cocaine doesn't stay in your system long), she also had used it leading up to that - because metabolites are what result when a substance is broken down (metabolized) by the body. Which is what some of us already thought anyway, that she had been hanging out/partying with Ray J during the four days she was at the hotel.

When asked to explain the drowning, Ed Winter, deputy chief of coroner investigations, said, "She may have had a heart attack."

Winter said the amounts of cocaine and the medications won't be known for a few weeks.

LINK

I guarandamntee you Ray J was her "supplier" this go around. Not blaming him as WH is ultimately responsible for her actions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back