17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly right. He doesn't need to have severe injuries to claim self-defense either. People without any injuries whatsoever have claimed self-defense under "stand your ground law." The only thing that becomes important is did someone see who started the fight.

Well, if he wants to claim that his head was bashed into the cement sidewalk over and over again.... he will have to convince me? Maybe I am a nobody (I'm am a somebody), but as a Floridian, I will not stand for what happened here? If Zimmerman is never arrested, I will dedicate a lot of my time to make sure the law is seriously modified.

Without injustice... there is no change. Trayvon may be an unfortunate advocate for this process?

President Obama did not say anything wrong. At all! All he said was that if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon. Black. Of course his son would be black? His beautiful wife is black! His adorable girls are black. Of course his son would be black.

I also made it a point to remind everyone of George W. Bush's involvement/statements during the Laci Peterson case. :banghead:

Why in the world would his dad want to alienate democrats in the area his son might be tried in? Makes no sense to me at all. Is he a registered republican? I know I read George is a Democrat.

--from a post at THM-- "enna"..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/29/2721480/report-springsteen-dedicates-song.html
Springsteen dedicates song performance to Trayvon Martin

Starting with his show in Tampa, another song was added to Bruce Springsteen’s set list — American Skin (41 Shots).

After the rock ‘n’ roll legend performed the song March 23 in Tampa, his tour’s closest stop to Sanford, video of the show appeared on YouTube. The video and song lyrics also were put on the front of BruceSpringsteen.net.

Springsteen performed the Apollo Medley and then made his intentions clear before playing American Skin (41 shots).

“Suddenly, the mood went somber,” Remnick wrote, “and Springsteen said, ‘This is for Trayvon.’ ”

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghqjBwZTiE&feature=player_embedded"]"American Skin (41 Shots)" Live in Tampa, FL 03/23/12 - YouTube[/ame]
"American Skin (41 Shots)" Live in Tampa, FL 03/23/12

It ain't no secret
It ain't no secret
No secret my friend
You can get killed just for living
-----------In your American skin

I got rear-ended last month on my way to a friend's house, and the only damage was to the female's car... She didn't understand why I wanted to call the police and get a report filed. I think she talked to her family, and they explained that for her protection and mine, it was for the best. People are wayyy too litigation-happy currently.

I also had that happen to me and I also got a police report but the guy had the nerve to send me a bill. I told him that on the police report we were both at fault and had to pay our own damage. The only thing is my car got a scratch, he got a $1700 dent. Luckily I had gotten that or I would have ended up in court fighting this guy.

Thanks you but it's really vague, IMO.

Ok. Here's more links.
5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...0.25&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html

(17) “Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.001.html

Ok. Do you believe that this area is a crime area?

I honestly don't know but having a crime watch makes me wonder. I know they have it in a lot of areas good and bad. Usually the crime watch is the little old lady down the street who has nothing better to do but peer out her window and calls the police if she or he sees something suspicious. They don't actually patrol. Now where I live we have a crime watch but the LE drives through here a couple of times a day not because of trouble but because it's such a small town they have nothing better to do.

Well, if he wants to claim that his head was bashed into the cement sidewalk over and over again.... he will have to convince me? Maybe I am a nobody (I'm am a somebody), but as a Floridian, I will not stand for what happened here? If Zimmerman is never arrested, I will dedicate a lot of my time to make sure the law is seriously modified.

Without injustice... there is no change. Trayvon may be an unfortunate advocate for this process?
If he is not arrested, I'm afraid of what will happen. Really. This has gotten bigger than big. Oprah, herself weighed in on it today. The stuff with Spike Lee. the NOLA officer that got fired. The woman reported at that college that printed a cartoon. This is huge.

And, I'm really afraid if they come out and say "yep, SPD was right - we don't have enough to charge him" that places all over the country now will burn.

JMHO

:fence:
I'm just going to let it all out... I was a bartender in a strip club for 11 years. "Illegal parties" are when they take bouncers/security to houses/hotels/ etc... for nude shows.
Yeah, that. Plus, the article specifically mentions how much he liked to drink and hang with the girls.

<modsnip>

This is weird, I admit. It's the psychology major in me though...

How would GZ be treated for PTSD this soon? The symptoms have to last more than a month...and Joe Oliver has been saying he got counseling for PTSD. Wouldn't that be impossible?

I honestly don't know but having a crime watch makes me wonder. I know they have it in a lot of areas good and bad. Usually the crime watch is the little old lady down the street who has nothing better to do but peer out her window and calls the police if she or he sees something suspicious. They don't actually patrol. Now where I live we have a crime watch but the LE drives through here a couple of times a day not because of trouble but because it's such a small town they have nothing better to do.
Hey! Who 'ya callin' a little old lady?? I may be short, but I'm only 51.

OK thank you that answers that, so did he have a holster? I would think that if TM saw a gun he would have ran or did he think he could get the gun away from him? I saw the Zimmerman brother on Pierce and Pierce said he heard on the tape a racial slur. The brother claim Zimmerman was running and just was making noises. So did Martin hear him call him a name and was going to fight him until he saw the gun? Somebody screamed Help the Martins say it was Trayvon and the Zimmermans say it was G. So who knows.

Hey! Who 'ya callin' a little old lady?? I may be short, but I'm only 51.

I'm sure that you have better things to do than peer out your window all day also.

For any person of influence to pass judgement without all the facts is wrong. It is not only wrong it shows a lack of respect for others.

AND lack of respect for or faith in our systems. However, I think the Presidents comment was made with the intent of helping people THINK before passing judgement based on bias. It DID help bring empathy and understanding to the case. I don't think it was meant to sway people to overlook ANY facts of the case.

I personally have seen more facts that convince me that GZ was in the wrong than TM. The President's comment had no influence on my considering facts.

If he is not arrested, I'm afraid of what will happen. Really. This has gotten bigger than big. Oprah, herself weighed in on it today. The stuff with Spike Lee. the NOLA officer that got fired. The woman reported at that college that printed a cartoon. This is huge.

And, I'm really afraid if they come out and say "yep, SPD was right - we don't have enough to charge him" that places all over the country now will burn.

JMHO

Earlier today it was posted about spike lee, al sharpton, jackson, walgreen looters, cracker t-shirt rapper, etc. and how they were doing no good. Those posters flooded with posts that those people did not speak/represent trayvon. In the same spirit, If these people do not represent Trayvon then why should anyone be concerned if SPD has finding that they do not like?

I know that sounds very snarky, and i do not mean to be that way to you. I was using the same logic that was used this morning that I thought was a bit off.

This is weird, I admit. It's the psychology major in me though...

How would GZ be treated for PTSD this soon? The symptoms have to last more than a month...and Joe Oliver has been saying he got counseling for PTSD. Wouldn't that be impossible?
He might be getting treatment for something like acute stress disorder that the friends are colloquially referring to as PTSD. Just a thought.

He might be getting treatment for something like acute stress disorder that the friends are colloquially referring to as PTSD. Just a thought.

Might be, in an attempt to garner sympathy. I get it...JMO IMO MOO

Might be, in an attempt to garner sympathy. I get it...JMO IMO MOO

Sure. PTSD is exponentially more well-known than ASD, but they're almost identical disorders. The main difference is timespan. It would make sense if they were trying to create some sort of emotional appeal.

What is this about Spike Lee given out somebodies address on twitter who had nothing to do with the case? That's crazy, how would he like someone to put his address on twitter? Now he's involved and not in a good way.

552084_355520894490276_343061182402914_906317_1876951724_n.jpg

Rest in peace Trayvon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members