17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, the victims family. And there are about FOUR attorneys that I have seen representing the Martin family, and they are covering the airwaves, and the radio waves and speaking on 5 ot 6 shows a day at least. Probably more.

And O'mara, by himself, goes on a couple, and everyone attacks him for it.

IMO, I think this is due to the simple reason that the family's attorneys are advocating for justice for the killing of an unarmed teenager who was doing nothing wrong, and was killed due to the unwarranted suspicions of someone who had no right to follow him and questionable stories about why he killed him. And this killing was not investigated as it should have been and was going to be swept under the rug if these attorneys had not come forward to represent his cause.

OTOH, MOM is representing said admitted killer and trying to improve his image into something he was not at the time of the killing...remorseful, kind, gentle, non violent, non threatening and humanitarian.

It's not working for me and is kind of insulting to my intelligence and feelings about the crime against Trayvon. IMO

I'm sadden by this whole UNNECESSARY event. We have a 17 year old teenager DEAD because of some man who decided it was HIS responsibility to take the law into his own hands when he, IMO had no right to. Tray was simply a teenager walking back to his home, minding his own business when GZ decides to make a big deal out of it. I personally don't think that TM looked like he was up to no good. I believe he felt threatened that GZ was following him therefore he stood his ground and tried to protect his own life.

If I were on the jury, and as for now I don't have all the facts like none of us do, but just hearing the pleas for help, and I believe it came from TM, would make me wonder why on earth GZ had to kill him. He should have backed off at that point because at that point he had the upper hand. Self defense? I doubt it :twocents:

BBM
What if it were put forth that TM was trying to take control of the gun,and they were struggling over it. and that is why the shooting happened? Would that make a difference to you?

I am just wondering, not believing it for sure at this point. Just wondering.

So why begrudge the defense their chance to speak on tv as well?

Hey actually I don't begrudge the defense to go on tv or sing from the roof tops, but don't go whining about "tainting the jury pool" at every intersection in the process.

IMO, I think this is due to the simple reason that the family's attorneys are advocating for justice for the killing of an unarmed teenager who was doing nothing wrong, and was killed due to the unwarranted suspicions of someone who had no right to follow him and questionable stories about why he killed him. And this killing was not investigated as it should have been and was going to be swept under the rug if these attorneys had not come forward to represent his cause.

OTOH, MOM is representing said admitted killer and trying to improve his image into something he was not at the time of the killing...remorseful, kind, gentle, non violent, non threatening and humanitarian.

It's not working for me and is kind of insulting to my intelligence and feelings about the crime against Trayvon. IMO

Too bad it ain't working out so well for him. I don't think there's any way you can rehabilitate Zimmerman's image. When I see him now, the first thing I think of is him running through that complex with his flashlights and his gun liked a crazed lunatic, standing over Trayvon's body with his hands on Trayvon's back like he was frisking him, not to mention the fact that he thought so much of himself that he had the audacity to put that disgusting picture on his website. Nope, O'Mara better just plan to stay on the news programs because he's got a long way to go.

~jmo~

So if there were so many cops there I wonder why they didn't go down and knock on Martin's door?

Too busy? :waitasec:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnS3lpHHX0w"]Sanford PD Smoke & Mirrors 1 - YouTube[/ame]

It's just a little contradictory on his part considering he has made statements that he wouldn't try this case in the media yet every time you watch a news program, he's on it trying his case in the media, he's standing in front of a group of microphones trying his case in the media, he's being quoted in newspapers trying his case in the media. That's all. Sounds very hypocritical to me.

~jmo~

I don't think he has much of a choice. Several times last week, every single news channel had one of the Martins attorneys or spokesman on live. Imo, he is just trying to tread water under the waves of media set forth by the Crump law firm.

I was pretty aghast when I read this, which I had not seen before, kindly posted earlier..

“If someone asks you, ‘Hey do you live here?’ is it OK for you to jump on them and beat the crap out of somebody?” Lee said. “It’s not.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/15/2696446_p2_trayvon-martin-case.html

What a thing for him to say..."hey do you live here???"

That's what he was trying to purport happened? Zimmerman just asked him if he lived there? Before they were forced to release the reports? whahuh?

If ****only**** Zimmerman had said that. *sigh*

Since he has seen the facts and we have not, I tend to believe GZ acted under the SYG law.Lee made a mistake saying GZ said "hey do you live here"instead of what TM gf said "what are you doing here" IMo not a big deal.If I spent 30 yrs doing my job with Le and people who had no idea of the facts of this case saying the police were not doing their job I would be annoyed too.JMO He is a scapegoat.

BBM
What if it were put forth that TM was trying to take control of the gun,and they were struggling over it. and that is why the shooting happened? Would that make a difference to you?

I am just wondering, not believing it for sure at this point. Just wondering.

If that were the case, I believe TM still felt threatened because he knew if there is a gun, he could be killed. So, I don't blame him one bit for wanting to take the gun from GZ. TM didn't have a weapon George did and knew it when he was following TM. TM most likely didn't see the gun at first, but when he did, the screams started. George had the gun in the end and should not have shot TM. He should have let him escape because he finally ended up with the gun therefore had the upper hand :)

Thanks for getting back to the case. We have had about 145 posts about media coverage. Please get back on track now. Discuss the facts of the case. The opinions are beginning to outweigh all the discussion about the news and facts. Thanks.

Isn't that true of most political figures who have looked the other way because of political influence and pressure put on them. Is that the case here? We don't know but I bet we are about to find out.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...te-attorney-norm-wolfinger-special-prosecutor

So after 27 years Mr. Wolfinger is not seeking reelection. The irony is rich. jmo

BBM - Watch out for copyright stuff here, didn't Judge Strickland copyright that...... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: oh, nevermind!

(Hmmm, my first time thinking that is associated with JB mispelling *iron* on the chart.......as everytime here in WS that I see the word *irony* or *ironic*, my thought goes to JB and his durn chart.) :banghead:

I was pretty aghast when I read this, which I had not seen before, kindly posted earlier..

“If someone asks you, ‘Hey do you live here?’ is it OK for you to jump on them and beat the crap out of somebody?” Lee said. “It’s not.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/15/2696446_p2_trayvon-martin-case.html

What a thing for him to say..."hey do you live here???"

That's what he was trying to purport happened? Zimmerman just asked him if he lived there? Before they were forced to release the reports? whahuh?

If ****only**** Zimmerman had said that. *sigh*

IF this is actually in Zimmerman's statement from that night...and I assume (you know what happens when you assume) that the Police Chief would know... then several things about the situation occur to me.

Zimmerman approached Trayvon, who was at that time talking with the girlfriend and we know this because of the timestamps on the phone logs, and the girlfriends testimony which is remarkably similar.

If Zimmerman approached Trayvon, then we know that he was not hit from behind or ambushed in any way...so a punch or a kick would not have come as a total surprise since obviously GZ was looking right at Trayvon.

We know that 5 minutes from the time the call with the girlfriend dropped, the police arrived to find Trayvon dead, and Zimmerman's gun already holstered. We have seen the videos of Zimmerman in the Police station with no blood, grass stains, torn clothing, or even wrinkles in his clothes 35 minutes after the shooting.

We know that he was "treated" in the back of the Police car for the injuries he claims...but see no evidence that they even put a steri strip on him or any bandages of any kind and cleared him to leave..

IMO unless there is some substantial changes in the evidence that makes it clear that Trayvon was the aggressor in the confrotnation, Self defense is going to be a truly hard sell. IMO JMHO and stuff.

The prosecution doesn't need to. One of the prosecution's biggest supporters even has his own MSNBC tv show.
Yeah and his show has been about Romney and Obama..What is the point??????? IMHO JMHO and all that

It's just a little contradictory on his part considering he has made statements that he wouldn't try this case in the media yet every time you watch a news program, he's on it trying his case in the media, he's standing in front of a group of microphones trying his case in the media, he's being quoted in newspapers trying his case in the media. That's all. Sounds very hypocritical to me.

~jmo~

I'm not by any means a GZ supporter, but in fairness, I haven't seen O'Mara actually trying the case in the media. In fact, in all the appearances I've seen, he has been cautious in saying he doesn't know what the evidence will show because he hasn't been given it yet. I definitely haven't seen all his interviews, so maybe I've missed something. We sure have seen many defense attorneys spinning wild yarns in these cases we follow, but so far I've seen nothing like that from O'Mara.

It is Crump and Natalie Jackson. Name them of course unless others that are not subject to this thread's rules, are inferred. "Crump & Company" is not going to fly.

Not to be argumentative, but I have a question.

One of the law firms representing the Martin/Fulton family is Parks & Crump Law Firm, Daryl Parks and Benjamin Crump are the partners - http://parkscrump.com/. The other one is Natalie Jackson's firm, The Women’s Trial Group.

Would referring to Parks & Crump be appropriate since that is the name of their firm?

The interview I saw with O'Mara was hardly anything I would characterize as able to taint the jury pool. He started out answering questions about the bond - whether Zimmerman was getting protection, where the money was coming from, that sort of thing. Then he said that he wasn't aware of the family's request to not have an apology made. Then he addressed a specific comment about the prosecution, in a fairly straightforward manner. He said that although it was a unique situation and the prosecution may not have bee prepared, he felt that as the case manager (I think that's the term he used), the investigator that took the stand should know the case better than anyone. And he feels he was honest with his testimony, and that he doesn't believe the state has evidence to contradict Zimmerman's testimony on those points.

That last bit was as far as he went actually discussing the case, and I don't think it was out of line at all.

ETA: Sorry, grandma. I was watching O'Mara and typing this when you posted, apparently. You can delete it if you feel it necessary.

Not to be argumentative, but I have a question.

One of the law firms representing the Martin/Fulton family is Parks & Crump Law Firm, Daryl Parks and Benjamin Crump are the partners - http://parkscrump.com/. The other one is Natalie Jackson's firm, The Women’s Trial Group.

Would referring to Parks & Crump be appropriate since that is the name of their firm?

That is fine. :)

Did anyone get to see the doc dump today and was there anything in there that we hadn't seen before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod