17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not speaking for suzihawk but my take on it was that if and when he used that quote in order to fight for justice for the homeless black man who was beaten and the beater was getting away with it, he'd have seen it like the good guys who need to do something are the ones who want the attacker punished and the evil would triumph if the attacker gets away with it.

Now here he is using the same quote on his own website but he was in the role of the attacker who looked like he was getting away with it when he wrote that site. I assume he is not using the quote to say that the good guys need to do something in order that the evil George Zimmerman doesn't get away with killing an unarmed black teen.

What could he mean then? I don't know but it looks awfully like TM was The Evil and it failed to triumph because a Good Man did something and killed him.

I have never understood why GZ moved out of the townhouse and went into hiding, immediately following the shooting. Why move out? Why so fast? The story had not hit the media yet, that was weeks later. Why did he "run" so fast?

Does anyone know exactly when he went into hiding? I have read it stated on here that it was the very next day after the shooting. What did GZ fear the very next day? He was questioned then let go, he was claiming SYG, so what did he fear the very next day?

JMO/IMO
I don't get the timeline for the move, either. It was very quick. Could there have been some sort of problem with his landlord?

The other thing that happened extremely fast was GZ's exit from college. How did they get rid of him so quickly? Wouldn't they have to have a solid reason? Do you think he had a previous gun incident of some sort at the college? I didn't think usually a college can ask someone to leave because they might be an annoying distraction.

I keep hearing lawyers give O'Mara high ratings as a professional, the best, ethical.

But the cumulative affect of his apologies has me scratching my head.

He apologizes for the apology saying he didn't know the Martin family didn't want an apology.....

He apologizes for naming a minor witness in court yet we learn from the State inside the same hearing, that O'Mara asked them to hold off on discovery so that they can work out a deal on protecting the witnesses. What's that about? All the witnesses except one? Hmmm

And another, he apologizes for not knowing about $204,000 collected by George Zimmerman.

Any attorney who is going before the court before a bond hearing had better know full well that what they are asserting to the court is true. And when you say your client is of no means you have better know that to be true. He had been talking about closing down all the website activity from very early on. Why didn't he ask his client how much money he collected?

Mr. O'Mara's apologizes are ringing hollow for me at this time. I'm not drinking his Kool-Aid

How does he have a conscience if he feels justified in his actions?

IMO

Heck if I know...LOL! I'm just trying to figure out why in the heck he suddenly needed to give up his home and go into hiding the very next day. Something is off about that.

~jmo~

I keep hearing lawyers give O'Mara high ratings as a professional, the best, ethical.

He apologizes for the apology saying he didn't know the Martin family didn't want an apology.....

He apologizes for naming a minor witness in court yet we learn from the State inside the same hearing, that O'Mara asked them to hold off on discovery so that they can work out a deal on protecting the witnesses. What's that about? All the witnesses except one? Hmmm

And another, he apologizes for not knowing about $204,000 collected by George Zimmerman.

Any attorney who is going before the court before a bond hearing had better know full well that what they are asserting to the court is true. And when you say your client is of no means you have better know that to be true. He had been talking about closing down all the website activity from very early on. Why didn't he ask his client how much money he collected?

Mr. O'Mara's apologizes are ringing hollow for me at this time. I'm not drinking his Kool-Aid

Thank you again grandmaj. I never have anything else to add to your posts because you tell it like it is!!

~jmo~

JMO/IMO
I don't get the timeline for the move, either. It was very quick. Could there have been some sort of problem with his landlord?
The other thing that happened extremely fast was GZ's exit from college. How did they get rid of him so quickly? Wouldn't they have to have a solid reason? Do you think he had a previous gun incident of some sort at the college? I didn't think usually a college can ask someone to leave because they might be an annoying distraction.

above respectfully BBM

Try a search for the property owners name of GZ's address;)

Heck if I know...LOL! I'm just trying to figure out why in the heck he suddenly needed to give up his home and go into hiding the very next day. Something is off about that.

~jmo~
JMO/IMO
My thoughts only..It would take about a week or so for the condo/board/condo attorney to realize the ginormous problems created by their volunteer patrolman. I'm 99% sure the attorney was left totally in the dark about the unique aspects of this condo's watch.

I don't want to go all Pinky and the Brain, but sometimes I wonder if GZ's Pop was behind the move. I wonder how much advising (and possibly manipulating) he's doing behind the scenes...he does have legal knowledge.

That his gun 'went off'?! His gun didn't go off all by itself - he pulled the trigger. And as some have pointed out, it has a five pound pull. And let's not forget it was loaded with hollow point bullets. He meant business!

Before long the story will be twisted around to "Trayvon killed himself". GMAB! JMO, MOO, etc. :banghead:

By the fact that he fancies himself some sort of community hero.

I'll agree that he may be feel he was justified in calling in, following and confronting. I don't necessarily agree that he feels justified in killing TM at this time. Saying it like that makes it seem like he meant to shoot him and I don't have enough evidence to make that determination yet.

I guess I just think the state has enough power, I personally think the jury is quite capable of listening to evidence without being tainted by somone's opinion on tv prior to a case starting.

Something is bad wrong in my view if the state can't convince a jury someone is guilty with all the money and resources they have to do so. All my opinion of course.

I think defense attorneys are very important to our system. I'm sure some push the rules and some don't follow them, just like prosecutors do.

Ima

I think defense attorneys are a crucial part of our system, but I don't believe they should be given the sort of latitude we saw in that um, other Florida case. When defense attorneys OR prosecutors break the rules, there should be consequences.

And IMO it isn't just a matter of whether a sitting jury can objectively view the evidence, it's seating that jury in the first place. When you have to start looking for potential jurors who don't keep up with or don't care about current events, the quality of that jury is adversely affected.

JMO

I still have yet to see any evidence or proof that GZ knew exactly how much was in that account while he was in jail.

I think defense attorneys are a crucial part of our system, but I don't believe they should be given the sort of latitude we saw in that um, other Florida case. When defense attorneys OR prosecutors break the rules, there should be consequences.

And IMO it isn't just a matter of whether a sitting jury can objectively view the evidence, it's seating that jury in the first place. When you have to start looking for potential jurors who don't keep up with or don't care about current events, the quality of that jury is adversely affected.

JMO

I constantly see 'that other florida case' being referenced and I can understand, a lot of members on here followed it closely. But it's just one case. Out of thousands of cases that go on. Basing how defense attorneys should and should not act by that case is not an accurate judge. It's an outlier.

What rules have been broken in this case so far?

I still have yet to see any evidence or proof that GZ knew exactly how much was in that account while he was in jail.

MOO, he and his lawyer should have found out before going to the court and saying that there was no money.

When exactly did he know this? When he walked out of jail or when he was still in there? And what evidence supports that he knew about it while still in jail?

Some here would have you believe that the bag he was carrying out of jail was filled with cash.

IMO!

I haven't either City, but for sure George knew how to spend 49K on something and to further use 5K on his bond. So in my mind if you don't want to overdraw on your account, you have some idea how much money you have to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp