17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is the lawyer with the great track record and ethics that I keep reading about in the news and hearing on the television, letting something just slip might tell me he is being given too much credit for his professionalism. You can't put the tooth paste back in the tube no matter how many apologies to the court he made. He named not only a witness, but a 15 year old minor witness. NO slip. Intentional in my opinion. Because what happened? It took off over the internet. :nono: Sly like a fox he is.

I, along with thousands, have known her name for over a month...it was all over the Internet after Crump's appearance on ABC. Many people here have never heard it because, and with good reason, minors are not to be sleuthed.

JMO

What makes you think he was not in touch with his family while in jail. He bought phone minutes while in jail. I doubt they were for MOM.

I haven't seen the jail logs to know who he did and did not speak too. Have they been released yet?

Prosecutors are not allowed to make public comments on TV as far as I know.

It's insane that Crump has been, and continues to be, allowed to talk about the evidence and the case incessantly and with abandon. He should be ordered by the prosecution to stifle - but then why would AC do that? He helps her case. Incredible.

They still put up 10k. Why would they do that if they had 200k sitting in a fund somewhere. And before someone comes out with 'cover up', that coverup lasted all of 48 hours between the time they put up 10k for bond and when he told his lawyer about the money.

Appearances? I would think GZ has paid them back anything it cost him. He can afford it, imo.

I think it was big of GZ to offer an apology, whether it is viewed as condolences or not, to people who spent the prior 50 days calling him a racist and a cold blooded murderer in front of the entire free world - people who continue to call him both at churches, rallies, and press conferences. People who said nothing when a $10,000 bounty was put on his head.

What we do know, according to witnesses and has never been disputed by Crump or his clients, is TM was on top of GZ refusing to let him retreat. Just as one might feel GZ had no right to shoot TM, TM had no right to hold someone down who was begging for help. I think it was mighty big of GZ to swallow his pride and give condolences to the parents. I can agree with everyone in this regard, I wish he hadn't wasted his time.

JMO

Is there a link that states Trayvon was on top of GZ and it was GZ's screams for help? It was determined by professionals that the screams were coming from Trayvon.

I wish GZ hadn't wasted his time apologizing either because it was obviously not sincere and it was not what Trayvon's family wanted to hear and I don't blame them one bit.

I haven't seen the jail logs to know who he did and did not speak too. Have they been released yet?

No, not that I am aware of. They could be very interesting though. Plenty of code talk possibly. I doubt if MOM was called with those bought minutes. A defense attorney prefers to talk to their client in complete privacy and that would not include a monitored phone call from jail..

There is no doubt in my mind that MOM will eventually file a motion for SYG later on in this case.
The SYG has a very important feature. It will protect his client from civil law suits in the future. And since I expect there will be quite some serious dough rolling in for GZ and MOM from anonymous donors, that money needs to be protected from outside attacks..
MOM is quite of different caliber than JB. He is smart and slick. It has been very interesting so far to watch him in action. GZ is lucky, indeed , to have him as a lawyer.

above respectfully BBM

Ahh thanks for the tidbit rotterdam. I was not aware of this.

I agree that MOM is smart and slick. Slicker than snot on a doorknob, IMO! It has indeed been interesting to watch him in action thus far.

As much as I don't like admitting it, I could only hope to afford such competent representation if I found myself in a legal pickle.

moo
wm

Appearances? I would think GZ has paid them back anything it cost him. He can afford it, imo.

He hasn't even paid the entire amount yet, as least as of Friday night. He still owes $10,000 to the bail bondsman. <modsnip>

~jmo~

A self serving condolences which inflicts further pain on the family does not make a person courageous. But rather shows the true test of a person's social and moral failings. MOO

A self serving condolences which inflicts further pain on the family does not make a person courageous. But rather shows the true test of a person's social and moral failings. MOO

Absolutely and I think we've all figured that out a long time ago, for me in fact about day #1 that I heard about this case.

~jmo~

BBM

Yes, and I'm sure it was merely coincidence that he moved out of his home and went "underground" immediately following the shooting.

Coincidentally? I would move too if a group of radicals were at the front gate of your community announcing a $10,000 bounty? Heck, I wouldn't even worry about my toothbrush, I'd be out of there.

He moved after getting death threats due to the media lying about the 911 call to make him look racist, and even worse, a nation incensed over this picture:

Attachments

• Trayvon-Martin-George-Zimmerman-620x457.jpg
    Trayvon-Martin-George-Zimmerman-620x457.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 6
What makes you think he was not in touch with his family while in jail. He bought phone minutes while in jail. I doubt they were for MOM.

Somewhat O/T but IIRC In the Haleigh Cummings case we got to hear almost all the calls the Croslins made when they were in jail.. R. Cummings not so much..IIRC..ONLY a few of his were ever released.. I'm beginning to believe the Sunshine Law may ONLY apply IF and when an investigation is completely above board and there is nothing to hide..JMHO
ETA.. Quote not posting properly.. My reply to Rotterdam in RED

Coincidentally? I would move too if a group of radicals were at the front gate of your community announcing a $10,000 bounty? Heck, I wouldn't even worry about my toothbrush, I'd be out of there.

He moved after getting death threats due to the media lying about the 911 call to make him look racist, and even worse, a nation incensed over this picture:

The "death threats" and Black Panthers bounty were not until weeks after the shooting. It has been reported that GZ moved and went into hiding immediately (like the very next day) after the shooting. Only limited local media attention had been paid to the case at that time, so why did GZ go into hiding so fast?

Actually....No, I did not sleuth her. I came across a blog that examined in detail what she was doing during certain key events, and how certain things (actually a lot of things) do not add up. It has nothing do do with her as a person, nothing bad against her, no "dirt", just timeline types of things. <modsnip>

I saw that blog too and its a bunch of made up garbage from a strong GZ supporter. NONE of it is true or verifiable fact. None of it.

I, along with thousands, have known her name for over a month...it was all over the Internet after Crump's appearance on ABC. Many people here have never heard it because, and with good reason, minors are not to be sleuthed.

JMO

That doesn't give the lawyer who is trying to shield witnesses by not releasing their names license to name one person and then say oopsie I'm sorry.

And so what that other sites are releasing the name of this minor and some people know it. Shame on them for not giving a minor the protection under the law. Even MSM shields minor personal information. Just because it was done doesn't make it ethical.

George Zimmerman doesn't look any better because some try to make the witnesses look worse. George Zimmerman cannot be rehabilitated by tearing down witnesses. And he has no one to blame but himself and his 9mm handgun. He chose to pull that trigger. And his stories do not add up as to how he got to that point of making the decision.

I guess I just think the state has enough power, I personally think the jury is quite capable of listening to evidence without being tainted by somone's opinion on tv prior to a case starting.

Something is bad wrong in my view if the state can't convince a jury someone is guilty with all the money and resources they have to do so. All my opinion of course.

I think defense attorneys are very important to our system. I'm sure some push the rules and some don't follow them, just like prosecutors do.

Ima

If that is so, then why does MOM feel the need to put it out there?

BBM IMO, exactly.

But you have to understand, Emeralgem, that this is just based on your perspective.

There is a group of people out there that believes that the state's case is all smoke and mirrors, and that the prosecution of GZ is just for show.

I know we do not sleuth minors on this board, but maybe take a look at what else was happening in the life of the person that TM was talking to last. Really evaluate what is out there and then ask yourself if you think this person will ever take the stand. I wish I could go into more detail.

Its all perspective grandmaj, its all perspective.

To be fair, O'Mara has done more than his fair share of quacking.
All the while proclaiming he doesn't want the case tried in the media.
Here is a thought: O'Mara honestly does not want the case tried in the media. I have no problem believing him on that.

However, the case is being tried in the media; it has been an unrelenting firestorm. He has no control over the tsunami of TH's blunderings and the inaccuracies reported and propagated ad infinitum, and the inflammatory press conferences and rallies drummed up by his client's haters. Hence, O'Mara would be remiss not to jump in and attempt some measure of damage control on behalf of his client. JMO

(And no, I am not ignorant of the angle that the publicity may be a boon for him personally/professionally, as I'm sure he's not, either. Just saying it is possible that he really would rather NOT try the case in the media but kinda has no choice. JMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz