17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious why there's now a debate over whether Trayvon was an A/B student or an average student? Does it in some way further discredit him (or his parents)? Does it have any bearing on this case that I've somehow overlooked?

I wonder what kind of grades George got in high school and what kind of trouble he got in? Surprised no one has dug around in Manassas yet, bet GZ has all kinds of skeletons in his high school closet that escalated into adult criminal behavior. JMO

:moo:

Will we now be looking at a new Judge in this case? I wonder why he didn't recuse himself?

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/05/...erman-arrests/

Rob Redding Reports: Judge In Trayvon Martin Case Refuses To Answer Questions About Wife’s Role In Earlier Zimmerman Arrests

May 2, 2012 6:05 PM

ATLANTA, May 2, 2012, 5 p.m. - A Florida judge today refused to discuss his wife, who a newspaper reports worked in the same office that handled previous felony charges that were dismissed against George Zimmerman, the man now responsible for the shooting death of an unarmed Trayvon Martin.

Will we now be looking at a new Judge in this case? I wonder why he didn't recuse himself?

Rob Redding Reports: Judge In Trayvon Martin Case Refuses To Answer Questions About Wife’s Role In Earlier Zimmerman Arrests

ATLANTA, May 2, 2012, 5 p.m. - A Florida judge today refused to discuss his wife, who a newspaper reports worked in the same office that handled previous felony charges that were dismissed against George Zimmerman, the man now responsible for the shooting death of an unarmed Trayvon Martin.

Wow.:what:

I don't see the analogy. The Duke University Lacrosse Team was accused of something they didn't do, I am well aware.

However I don't recall where any of their past offenses were brought up as evidence against them?

Were they? If so what offenses?

I didn't follow that case that closely.

3 white lacrosse students accused of raping an AA woman. NG, Civil rights leaders, all of the media portrayed these men as guilty. NO ONE DARED to bring up the girl's sordid past - you would be blaming her for the rape and you would certainly have been racist.

Things aren't always black and white (seriously no pun intended) - and shutting out the facts won't change the outcome, but it darn sure ruins the lives of innocent people.

BTW, the lead prosecutor was disbarred.

JMO

will we now be looking at a new judge in this case? I wonder why he didn't recuse himself?

rob redding reports: Judge in trayvon martin case refuses to answer questions about wife’s role in earlier zimmerman arrests

may 2, 2012 6:05 pm

atlanta, may 2, 2012, 5 p.m. - a florida judge today refused to discuss his wife, who a newspaper reports worked in the same office that handled previous felony charges that were dismissed against george zimmerman, the man now responsible for the shooting death of an unarmed trayvon martin.

reeeeely?

WHAT?? The judge's wife works in the prosecutor's office? Wouldn't that be a huge conflict with any of his cases?

WHAT?? The judge's wife works in the prosecutor's office? Wouldn't that be a huge conflict with any of his cases?

The judge is married to a prosecutor who works in Orange County Courts. Different court system I believe.

I wonder what kind of grades George got in high school and what kind of trouble he got in? Surprised no one has dug around in Manassas yet, bet GZ has all kinds of skeletons in his high school closet that escalated into adult criminal behavior. JMO

Maybe if this wasn't looked at as a one upmanship and a joint effort to sleuth the case and figure out how the jurors will see this, we'd get further faster, jmo.

GZ's closet has been gone through pretty good, no one is arguing that. If it's not enough, there are ways to sleuth, find, and hand it over to the media -- that apparently works too!

I love your name by the way, I fostered a little girl named Francie for almost three years, she was adorable.

JMO

Perhaps the blame ultimately for Martin's death should be put on the Miami school district by not reporting him to the police for posession of drug paraphenalia? Perhaps if he had been arrested, for breaking a law and did have a crimminal record, he might not have been in the position to be shot.

BBM Perhaps the beginnings of a career criminal. Perhaps he shouldn't have had some many chances, perhaps had some one taken his youthful transgressions a little more seriously, perhaps.

You want to blame the Miami school district for George killing Trayvon? Maybe we should blame George's parents too for raising a violent career criminal (plea-bargained 2 felonies "away" & RO for domestic violence but that's only what we know of) who can't seem to hold a job or finish a 2-yr degree in 10 years? Makes just as much sense, imo. JMO

The judge is married to a prosecutor who works in Orange County Courts. Different court system I believe.
The same court system who let GZ off the last couple of times? The same court system he bragged about beating on his MySpace? Wow. Forget about finding a jury, how about a judge!

The same office that handled previous felony charges that were dismissed against George Zimmerman.

Does anyone know what type of truck GZ drove? I have not seen anything reported. From the recorded tape you can hear him exit the vehicle. The sound when the door opens. Would this be the type of sound that warns one that he has left his keys in the ignition? or left the headlights on? He told dispatch he left the keys in the truck. Would both these sounds be the same?

Maybe if this wasn't looked at as a one upmanship and a joint effort to sleuth the case and figure out how the jurors will see this, we'd get further faster, jmo.

GZ's closet has been gone through pretty good, no one is arguing that. If it's not enough, there are ways to sleuth, find, and hand it over to the media -- that apparently works too!

I love your name by the way, I fostered a little girl named Francie for almost three years, she was adorable.

JMO

Again, what does sleuthing Trayvon's school grades have to do with this case?

THis judge is married to a PROSECUTOR. His wife prosecutes HOMICIDES, so she probably had nothing to do with any of GZ's previous cases at all.

I would think that you all would want to have a judge that was married to a homicide prosecutor. But go on and urge for his recusal, no problem.

The same office that handled previous felony charges that were dismissed against George Zimmerman.

But she is a HOMICIDE prosecutor. So she had nothing to do with his previous cases.

THis judge is married to a PROSECUTOR. His wife prosecutes HOMICIDES, so she probably had nothing to do with any of GZ's previous cases at all.

I would think that you all would want to have a judge that was married to a homicide prosecutor. But go on and urge for his recusal, no problem.
I'm really surprised we didn't hear this from the judge in open court, like we did from the other judge. It's not up to US to urge for his recusal, it's up to the attorney's.

Was she a homicide prosecutor when GZ's cases went through their office? Do homicide prosecutor's only prosecute homicides?

I would hate for either party, to get through the entire tria,l and have one of them cry foul, because this judge is married to a prosecutor in the office, of the other cases. I think it would be grounds for appeal, unless agreed upon in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard