Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
1:25 seconds Body belongs to Baden-Clay - YouTube

A lot can be said for the change in Olivia's interactions with the media after the body was located.

Her 'Delightful, Darling Al' was 'returned' and she can says... nothing

do u think her silence speaks volumes? :dj:

I would think the lot of them have been advised to shhhhhhhh. None of their appearances have done them any favours

ME TOO I go away to do something and then think I'll just have a quick peak and two hours later still sitting here. I'm just wondering how many of us are mum's in their forties. I think thats why I feel so emotionally involved (Maxy is female):HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::cheer::cheer::cheer::H

gee I am glad it is not just me!!! I am so caught up in this!!!

What, so in the 5-6 years of marriage BEFORE they had the first daughter she was still under the spell of his so called facade!?? Pffft. Yet whilst still under it she had another two kids with him??

It's not about still being under the spell of the person.

a)Didn't want to look like a failure

b)Didn't want to lose status, assets

c) Once you have the first kid it gives so much joy (that your not getting from the partner) that you want more and your life revolves around them.

When it all becomes too much and you start seeing how it affects the children (DV) then you get the strength to leave. This is my opinion based on my experiences.

Phone turned off or on, doesn't really matter, what matters is the content on the phone that QPS can't get to (photos), the DNA/fingerprints on the phone and whereabouts of the phone. I believe QPS already have most of the info from the phone they need except the phone itself, which actually speaks volumes, a phone is usually not too far away from a person.

The whole Baden-Clay ensemble (excluding the children) are in it up to their teeth. They remind me of those corrupt aristocratic families of the renaissance who would cover up their atrocities just for the sake of social reputation and financial ruin. Present day Borgia family who think they are above the law.

As a poster mentioned in a previous thread {sorry, can't emember who} it's surprising that, considering all of GBC's bussiness dealings and high up friendships he must have, that nobody has come forward to defend him. Why would that be? Maybe because those people didn't think much of him either, or they maybe think he could have done it? Most likely none of them want to look like a prize knob {if they did defend him} once the truth comes out. Allison has so many people who knew her saying what a lovely lady she was. I would think that if GBC was a nice person, then he would have all sorts of friends and high profile people coming out saying he is a great man. Pffft!! He only has his family saying it.
It speaks volumes, the silence is deafening, the press must have tried very hard to get his friends? acquantances or even colleagues to speak up for him.
One would have expected at least someone from his Century 21 branch to speak out, if not in defence of him, at least say how wonderful his parents were.
IMO the only conclusion you can make is no one liked him or even his friends believe him to be guilty.

Cant believe there hasnt been more news or even pics of what gbc is up to at the moment. Living at home? Going to office? Picking up kids from school? Meeting with friends? Surely there have to be sightings from those living or working in the area. Still got the beard?

Any news????

OTE=Southern Rain;7932097]I LOVE THE FOLLOWING QUOTES FROM PAUL TULLY:

"The team of homicide detectives is playing a masterful game to flush out the killer, drip feeding small tidbits of key information to the media which must be driving the killer insane.

With each small piece of carefully released information, such as the 2 cars seen at Kholo Creek where the body was found, the killer must be frantic to speak to any accomplices to refine their story - something near impossible with police wire taps and electronic surveillance certain to be in place.

The time must be just about up for this killer.

The arrest and subsequent trial is likely to be one of the most-sensational ever witnessed in Queensland."
[/QUOTE]

Late 30's, married, young children.

The whole Baden-Clay ensemble (excluding the children) are in it up to their teeth. They remind me of those corrupt aristocratic families of the renaissance who would cover up their atrocities just for the sake of social reputation and financial ruin. Present day Borgia family who think they are above the law.

That said, Adam BC is my age and friends of mine went to school with him, and I have to say I have never heard a bad word about him. With that info, watching him at the funeral made me feel very sad for him - imagine coming home from overseas to find your family in this horrendous situation and your big brother who you probably looked up to in youth, in the frame. So awful and so sad. I bet Adam was kind of relieved to go back overseas.

http://freethinker.co.uk/2007/11/01/the-truth-about-baden-powell-and-the-boy-scouts/

A bit of light reading while we wait for an arrest or further news. And might I add, it's just a little bit interesting :)

It is interesting. He was a man of his time and going back one hundred years ago and especially in the colonies of Africa you can understand the imperialist views of those at the time. Look, its easy to criticize a man like BP. However, his legacy stands of a movement that has fostered so much good in this world with uniting and teaching our youth. I remember fondly my time going through the scouting movement and things I learned. In all honesty, it taught me how to think for myself and use my initiative in all dealings in life. There are however bad apples in all walks of life and some people do at time experience a brain fart and fall off the wagon.

Beethoven too had his critics. See if you can name three of them?

:twocents:

Portsmouth: GBC is certainly laying low but I saw him recently about the area. He appeared subdued, minus the beard and chaperoned by his sister.

What, so in the 5-6 years of marriage BEFORE they had the first daughter she was still under the spell of his so called facade!?? Pffft. Yet whilst still under it she had another two kids with him??

People change, loads of reasons to have subsequent children : siblings, love babies, want a "famil", pressure from parents, "trying" fro the other gender.

When you fall in love, there is always something left that stirs strong emotion in your heart, which probably explains why women in particular can go on loving men who have done truly horrid things. The overriding emotion for most mothers I think is, what is best for my children, and many women will endure almost anything for the sake of their offspring.

i have been married almost 20 years and sometimes I am still overcome with love for my husband, but there are other days when he annoys me so much (and probably ditto I would say) I think marriage is like that.

You could be sure Allison hated the "cheating" but others factors outweighed it. Perhaps she wasn't interested in that side of marriage (it can be a side effect of depression and the drugs used in its treatment) so she tolerated it. Who knows? I don't think you can understand the dynamics of others marriages, particularly when looking at them from way outside

A friend just texted me who has something to do with the
brookfield show, he said there is a channel 7 4WD at the BC house...

I've never met Allison or GBC but I have certainly met and dated a few narcissistic men with dodgy ethical compasses who can be very charming and persuasive and charismatic and 'sweep you off yr feet'. I always thought of myself as astute about people but when it came to my love life I was somehow less discerning as I wanted to believe in the man and what he was saying and the picture he painted. If this is what happened to Allison I can certainly relate and just feel lucky that the 'GBC's I dated never asked me to marry them.

You're right. My ex who is a creep... he was the most pleasant, understanding and loving man I'd ever met. Gradually it turned to DV... but as those people are, they make it so they wear you down to the point that you think it's all your fault. ...

:sweep:

Yes but how do you reach the point where taking someone's life becomes "dooable" for want of a better word. I had a difficult marriage and a very messy seperation. I ended up with very little but it would never have entered my head to kill him or have him killed. I know it would have made my life better financially but yea I just don't understand the mind set.

I think for nearly all of us, you dont ever reach that point. I think these people are lacking, or wired wrong

It speaks volumes, the silence is deafening, the press must have tried very hard to get his friends? acquantances or even colleagues to speak up for him.
One would have expected at least someone from his Century 21 branch to speak out, if not in defence of him, at least say how wonderful his parents were.
IMO the only conclusion you can make is no one liked him or even his friends believe him to be guilty.

His old boss from fight centre spoke highly of them both. He had a visit from a local female politician early in the piece to offer her support (cant think of her name) once they found the body opinion started to change very quickly.

Re texan billionare: She didn't pull the trigger, but when asked if she loved him in an interview, she is shaking her head from side to side whilst saying 'yes, yes' i loved him so much' .....sickening

That reminds me whilst watching the interview of GBC outside parent's house, he was shaking his head when telling journo that he was helping police with everything he knew. He also IMO did not directly answer question regarding was SHE upset when she went away. I felt he hurriedly said yes then quickly attempted to deflect attention away from it.

60 minutes did an episode of spotting public liars. I am not sure if I can put link here (apologies to mod if not allowed) however here it is:
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/847286/unmasking-the-truth

Compare with GBC interview: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76CI6vtixI"]The Gerard Baden-Clay Interview, (His wife Allison Beden-Clay still missing) UPDATE BODY FOUND - YouTube[/ame]

Just something to fill in time while waiting for some tangible news.

I think if you've spent your life in colonial Africa living in a privileged way and bossing the locals around you gain a sense of entitlement. Apparently BC Senior drives a car with "Bwana" as a number plate. Please! When they lived in Toowoomba they were known as "up themselves". I think the granny pash thing was a show of arrogance and defiance, a sort of "we're us and you're just you".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal