Witness accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say that the body was found 3-4 houses from where "John" lives?

Is GZ righthanded? If he is, then his right eye would most likely be the dominant. If he put the gun up near his face to sight his target, it would figure that the side of the bridge of his nose would be bruised if his gun recoiled and hit him.

I believe on the SPD evidence list there a two flashlights that were GZ's property and one of them was on his keychain. Seems I read the other was in the gun holster.

I've thought that mark could have come from the flashlight, too but because there is a dug out and slightly scabbed bit there would have been GZ DNA on TM's hand, if he had punched him.

Do you know what pages those were on or which witness audio recordings those were? I have only listened to 2 of those witness recording and one indicated she believe GZ was on top.
NYT has the recordings

Where does it say that the body was found 3-4 houses from where "John" lives?
MC in her interview with Serino states that it started where the first 911 caller called from and she says something about five houses down from hers.

MC in her interview with Serino states that it started where the first 911 caller called from and she says something about four or five house down from hers.

MC says a lot of things. I would like to have an official diagram showing where it all took place.
John says it was 30 feet from him.

I don't know why that would be obvious, if they are basing it on testimony from someone who says she only saw "glances" because her contact lenses were out, and could not identify anyone. For all I know, it could have been a guy going to the scene with a flashlight, who was neither Trayvon nor Zimmerman.

I apologize for any confusion, I was referring to the chase with flashlight referenced in the bond hearing, not the chase/"fistfight" statement quoted prior. We have yet to see/hear all the witness statements, and this particular one does not seem to be among those released, as I mentioned 1/2 of the prosecution's evidence remains unavailable to us.

Is GZ righthanded? If he is, then his right eye would most likely be the dominant. If he put the gun up near his face to sight his target, it would figure that the side of the bridge of his nose would be bruised if his gun recoiled and hit him.

Anyone know how often people who shoot guns break their noses from the kick? I don't know much about gun, but I did shoot handguns on Sunday from the time I was about 8 years old. I haven't touched one in many years, but even when I was 8, I never got hurt by the kick. Worst case, my hands would fly up and I'd miss the target.

That report bothers me because the officer leaves the actual T undescribed since each T on the ends of that sidewalk go to the same streets.
OMG, there are just so many/too many mistakes or missing pieces!

What this says to me are recorded conversations and comments re: Serino with witnesses tell me that SPD didn't put much detail or effort into the reports because...it seems, they thought this was an open and closed case. IMO!

Anyone know how often people who shoot guns break their noses from the kick? I don't know much about gun, but I did shoot handguns on Sunday from the time I was about 8 years old. I haven't touched one in many years, but even when I was 8, I never got hurt by the kick. Worst case, my hands would fly up and I'd miss the target.
Well this was a life and death struggle and not like normal target practice.

I've read this thing six times and still don't see "flashlight." I did, however, read "fistfight" as "flashlight" at least twice. lol

Wow, me too...now I'm questioning if I read flashlight (LD/ADD is a bummer) at all but I was certain I either heard it verbally or read it...

UGH! This case will drive us all crazy before it is over.

MC says a lot of things. I would like to have an official diagram showing where it all took place.

Well, at trial there had better be. IMO, of course:)

Life and death struggle? So you do think Zimmerman was fighting for his life?
Trayvon died. His efforts were futile against the armed man. GZ did not intend on him getting away and he sure didn't.

O/T anyone having problems with smilies, pages moving around, quotes not posting or the wrong one coming up and words printing differently from your keystrokes?

Even my computer is screaming about this case.

I think it's obvious the state believes it was Zimmerman who was chasing Trayvon with a flashlight, as inferred by Gilbreath at the bond hearing. Gilbreath testified that Zimmerman had two flashlights with him, including a "tactical" flashlight. A tactical flashlight is "used in conjunction with a firearm to aid in low light target identification, allowing the marksman to simultaneously aim and illuminate the target." Although it can be handheld, the gun George used to kill Trayvon comes with a mount for it.

Everyone should keep in mind that we've only been allowed to see half of the prosecution's evidence to date, and in the remaining half is the state's strongest evidence against the accused, including Zimmerman's statements about what transpired that night, which are purportedly conflicting.

BBM

If I remember correctly, at the bond hearing Gilbreath said GZ's flashlight was what he would term as a tactical flashlight. Below is the link to the picture of GZ's flashlight. I can plainly see that it is a normal LED flashlight complete with the wrist strap. I bought a package of LED flashlights at Home Depot and it came with at least 2 of the same type and 2 of the keychain ones. So I don't think that this is the type that mounts to a gun especially with the wrist strap.

attachment.php

Attachments

• os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-sh-010.jpg
    os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-sh-010.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 13

I haven't been able to establish whether Zimmerman is right or left handed. But the picture below shows him using a pizza cutter with his left hand, FWIW.

However, the laceration on the top of Zimmerman's nose doesn't look at all like it came from a punch from a fist, IMO.

fullscreen_capture_4262012_70105_am.jpg

According to the pictures I believe that it happened right behind John's unit which is the 2nd from the end. The end unit has the enclosed porch. So when John says 30ft maybe he meant 30ft in front of him from his bathroom window looking down at them on the ground?

Attachments

• os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-sh-068.jpg
    os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-sh-068.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 18
  • os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-sh-044.jpg
    os-pictures-evidence-photos-released-in-the-sh-044.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
Anyone notice that the chasing this witness described was in the direction of the T?

One thing's for certain, it would have to be before they got to THIS spot:

TMTrueBodyPosition.jpg

I wonder how this will play out for a jury that's heard GZ's statements about "walking back to his vehicle", and being attacked by Trayvon, "where the sidewalks meet"?

I wonder if they'll notice the body, shown above, is already SIXTY THREE FEET away from "where the sidewalks meet"?

Attachments

• TMSidewalksMeet.jpg
    TMSidewalksMeet.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors