Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refer to the previous 12 threads ...lt should keep you occupied for a short while ... Plenty of emoticons throughout for you to enjoy as well

Yeah - sorry. I know it must be annoying to have newbies clogging up the works when you are all fully informed. Just wanted to introduce myself. Will wait until I've fully caught up.

And the emoticons - just something I'd wondered while I was reading over the last week. Thought I might as well ask.

Will try not to intrude till I've read it all. :truce:

She was blonde at the C21 gathering two months prior. Photos have been password protected now. Link was provided in earlie thread.

and that was february, right? by the time i caught up with all the reading in that thread they'd locked those pics up. Bit disappointed I missed seeing them. that will teach me for spending time with my kids and doing housework ;o)

and went for walk at such a ridiculous hour, in rain.

We have been through this before. There was no rain that night. Well no more than what would have been a light dusting which Brisbane gets between early most morning when there is cloud cover.

Hi all. I have been waiting for the following article to be linked from the Courier Mail this morning. Unfortunately it only appeared on my subscription and have not been able to locate it elsewhere. It is a letter from Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, dated 26 May, 2012 12 am. And IMO what is left out is almost as important as what is said.

I think if you read it carefully it says everything.

"It is with broken hearts that we write to thank the many hundreds of people who have supported us throughout the last five weeks as our world changed forever.

Words cannot express our heartfelt thanks to all who have shown us love and support throughout this very public journey of the tragic loss of our dearest daughter Allison.

We wish to thank all the agencies involved in the search and rescue of Allison, such as the Queensland Police, for their tireless efforts at the Command Centre where we were astounded by the amount of resources used in the search.

The dedication, courtesy, understanding and kindness shown to us by the serving police and officers is appreciated.

We thank the SES volunteers who came from far and wide to help in the search, in both sunshine and rain, and the Queensland Fire Service for their participation and assistance.

The Brookfield Show Society for the use of their facilities and the wider Brookfield community for their constant support and caring during our 11 days at the command centre.

Once again the overwhelming support and outpouring of sympathy for Allison, her three young daughters and our family through the hundreds of cards, with stories of the way she touched and changed lives and inspires others in many ways, will stay with us forever.

Thank you for your prayers, beautiful flowers and your donations to our precious daughter's appeal - they are greatly appreciated.

To Allison's best friend and her family, we thank you for your unfailing strength and support.

In closing, we THANK YOU all and ask you to remember Allison as she remains - Forever in our Hearts.

From the Dickie family and friends.

Thanks for posting this Logic27....a beautiful letter!!

Absolute class...I don't think any of us could even begin to imagine what they're going through. We post all our thoughts etc about the case but that poor family would be in constant pain with all the not knowing etc.

Here's hoping for them there's some news on tests soon.

obviously QPS would have information from the hairdresser as to what products were used on the night of 19/4/12.
Would any residual chemicals from shampoo/conditioner/dye/treatment be in the carpet of the car if the body was transported? I know the products I use regularly at home are different to those used by my hairdresser, so if any fresh hair samples with said residue were found in the rear of the car, or in the carpet, surely QPS can use this as evidence that she was in the rear of the car that night/early next morning.
I've asked a couple of times with no response, but does anyone know what hair colour ABC had in the weeks leading up to her murder? she was listed as blonde in her missing persons report - but most of her photos are shades of red/brunette. had she been blonde before the 19/4/12 hair appointment? - again, the colour of any strands found in the rear of the car would be strong evidence IMO

Kailee, great thinking. One of the first new thoughts in this case in the last couple of days! You are like Elle woods in legally Blonde, solving a case with her knowledge of perms. I hope the police think of this.

WI, you crack me up.....I have thought you were a man but completely concur is more like what a woman would say - IMO (lol, sorry I am teasing) a man would just say concur. :blushing:

Note to self (IMO): In an effort to maintain manliness, avoid adverbs.

MOO

Cheers, Mani ;)

Neighbours? The screams were heard 4km away. That is 1/3 the way to the creek.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...alarms-residents/story-e6frep2f-1226341666902

"While I was standing outside we heard a third sound,'' Mr Truter told The Sunday Mail from his Brookfield property, about 4km from Mrs Baden-Clay's home.

I'm sorry I can't tell you where exactly I read it, but apparently the neighbours who were having a party nearby, came forward and claimed the screams were their own. I read that in this thread, I think.

The first I do in the morning when I wake up is check my daughter's bedroom and see if she is awake. Unless Allison was one to make a bed as soon as she woke-up, I would assume he would have noticed she didn't sleep in the bed sort of immediately (based on speculation that he is not involved in her murder). IMO.

This is also assuming they were not sleeping in the same room? I know its been mentioned as hearsay on here, but has it been established? Cause it could work with the 'realising she had not slept in the bed'. But if they sleep in the same room, would not necessarily work. Unless he is a very sound sleeper and would not hear her get up before him.(or come to bed after him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I agree..but this one below is still making my brain squirm:

05-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Hawkins
Thread #9 Post 189

"I believe that there are some further significant details about this death emerging. It seems to be a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

Now this was dated before any news of toxicology being held up remember folks, so what is confronting?

Something confronting to detectives and a jury maybe evil family goings on or violent bloody previous DV at their house?

Thoughts?????.... to help us re focus on Hawkins 'particularly nasty and confronting matter'

I agree that perhaps the alleged actions or involvement of other parties apart from the main POI could result in quite a sordid and shocking tale - IMO

True, but I feel it is something still hidden in that family and dodgy originally....and then their involement after/during.

Brookfield knows, I do not it is gut feeling screaming and IMO

obviously QPS would have information from the hairdresser as to what products were used on the night of 19/4/12.
Would any residual chemicals from shampoo/conditioner/dye/treatment be in the carpet of the car if the body was transported? I know the products I use regularly at home are different to those used by my hairdresser, so if any fresh hair samples with said residue were found in the rear of the car, or in the carpet, surely QPS can use this as evidence that she was in the rear of the car that night/early next morning.
I've asked a couple of times with no response, but does anyone know what hair colour ABC had in the weeks leading up to her murder? she was listed as blonde in her missing persons report - but most of her photos are shades of red/brunette. had she been blonde before the 19/4/12 hair appointment? - again, the colour of any strands found in the rear of the car would be strong evidence IMO

Yes there could very well have been some of Allison's hairs if her body was transported....forensics can determine if the hairs are from a deceased person.

If the car had been vacuumed out police could also take the vacuum cleaner's dust bag too.

I did not know Allison. Even so, I feel very connected to her. I attended the same high school in the same year as her sister Vanessa, I have worn a gold jacket many years ago, and I have children of similar age.....
I now find myself being suspicious and cautious of everyone. The dad who volunteers his time to turn a sausage or 2 at the school bbq fundraiser, the father of my son's best mate......
This case has affected me in the most profound way. We have to know the truth, we have to find out what has taken the life of someone that we can all relate to as our sister, our friend.....................

As a perfect mother of three, Allison could not leave her girls (if they were in the house) knowing that her husband went to bed and could not look after them. They could wake up and get up for a drink or something.
If the girls were not home, there was still a heave rain that night. I can't picture any sensible woman going out for walk in the dark, in the rain, alone. Certainly not a depressed woman.
The only reason why she could leave the house at this hour, imho, could be some late shopping, like milk, bread, tea, etc.. But even those things could wait.
And one more observation. If Allison was indeed watching footy, which I find a bit strange apart from other inconsistencies, why would she stop watching and go out? What time did the game end that night?
Actually, kiwi, you gave me another idea. GBC indeed could not know whether the neighbours called the police. He assumed that they could, because they surely had a good reason. So he tried to speed it up a little bit. May be he was not going to call the police that early, if not the screams.

I am just catching up, so sorry if this had already been said... I think its been confirmed in media reports that the girls were not at the house that night. They were at a sleepover(reportedly at the grandparents BC). ALso regarding the footy, It was actually the 'footy show' which goes for an hour?(If I am correct) I guess if this was true, people find it hard to believe she was watching it, maybe the TV happened to be on that channel when GBC went to Bed. Allison sitting in the same room, but not actually 'watching' it. (Or am I the only one that sometimes has the tv on a channel perhaps I was watching something previously, but have not turned over or whatever. But I am not actually 'tuned in' to it. I admit thought the footy show would definitely mean switch off for me). I think the neighbours calling police is hearsay at this point also. I thought somewhere it was reported that GBC had called the police..not sure where to hunt that link though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500