LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the perp has two vehicles? If they do I.D. The white truck, can they also check for any other vehicles registered to that person? Just a thought.. I wouldn't think he is going to ride around in his truck... Although he has taken some bold chances already.

I still say, if anyone sees a white Z 71 down there, and this is to the locals, personally, I'm fearless and I shouldn't be, but I would follow the vehicle just close enough to call in a tag number and call it in. Just in case.

What do guys think about the stated reason that volunteers need a rest? Does that make sense? Or do you think the family needs rest? Am still confused that it is called off if they then plan on resuming TOMORROW.

Ok Sleuthers, there are only two scenarios that could have singled out the Chevrolet z71; LE has found more footage either near the crime scene or I-10 cameras, or the drivers have come forward with their account of what happened. These seem to be the only plausible scenarios. However, LE has been ambiguous once again in how they have came to their conclusion.... Their onto something.

The reason I wanted to go straight out and look at that vehicle was that it was a darn-good match from the air - the location was close to the abduction - he had several old cars, and a boat. There were two big old Caddys under a tarps. That's the type of person that drives around a big old Olds with Bondo.... and keeps driving it like that for months or years. I figured it was quicker to have a look-see than to call into a tip line inundated with thousands of tips.

I trusted my own eyes to rule it in or out, instantly.

Thanks to paris_paris for the tip! Next time I'll be more discreet :blushing:

Oh, I meant that in a good way. It's good that you are so aware of what's going on around you. My lack of observation is nothing to take pride in. Complacence is dangerous.

It is against the law to attempt to pay money for sex

It is her word against his, and she got into a stranger's truck. So I don't think LE would automatically believe one person over the other. There really is no cause for arrest as far as I can see. And he let her go safely, and unharmed. I think he is the least of our worries here.

I suppose, by the way, we'll never know if it was an Olds. I expect that, for the driver's privacy, that info may never be released.

I think it's appropriate that the family be aware of more details than the public. If releasing details would compromise the investigation, they shouldn't release them.

It seems obvious at this point they aren't releasing everything. I assume thats with good purpose. But, they may have been bouncing ideas off of the family initially, e.g. "do you recognize this truck?"

I think it's appropriate that the family be aware of more details than the public. If releasing details would compromise the investigation, they shouldn't release them.

Well, apparently hundreds if not thousands of people were told on fb that wasn't "the" truck.:what:

What do guys think about the stated reason that volunteers need a rest? Does that make sense? Or do you think the family needs rest? Am still confused that it is called off if they then plan on resuming TOMORROW.

Maybe they're hunting down a POI and holding everything else until they find him/her.

Maybe everyone needs rest, the family most of all. Maybe LE is getting their facts straight and are more focused on a house? Maybe not, but I will be first in line to volunteer tomorrow.

But what could she report him for? He offered her a ride, in broad daylight, and she voluntarily climbed into his truck. Then he, according to her, offered her 60 bucks for a sex act. She declined, and he dropped her off safely. What exactly could she have him arrested for?

Just because he said, supposedly, that he liked to drive around to look for pretty girls? I bet lots of men do that, routinely. That is not against the law.

Wouldn't that be soliciting prostitution?

Even so, I guess the thing that rubs me the wrong way about it the most is that she went straight to the news instead of calling the tips line or anything.

If we're sure that the truck on St. Landry going towards the way Mickey was going and back towards University are the same truck, then yes. They located the one that wasn't on St. Landry.

Thanks cuz that was my next question - are the trucks we originally thought to be the same truck, first going MS's way and then coming back the same way - the same truck.

What followed, when the other picture/s were released, was a big debate, some peeps adamant that they are not the same truck. Made my head spin, so I stopped trying to figure it out but think they are the same truck. Still not 100 percent sure though because of all the debate that took place.

It's not that I want to be right but I'd like to know the answer so that I can track the accuracy of my instincts and learn to trust them or not. At the same time, I want to try to always keep an open mind.

Thinking about Mickey having her pepper spray... she must have been hit pretty hard not to have been able to use it... if driver was DUI, using her pepper spray she would have a chance of getting away...
If (s) were out to get her, then much less chance...

Even so, I guess the thing that rubs me the wrong way about it the most is that she went straight to the news instead of calling the tips line or anything.

I thought she said she couldn't get through to the tipline. But I may be thinking of someone else.

Maybe her mother wanted to talk to NG.

Ok Sleuthers, there are only two scenarios that could have singled out the Chevrolet z71; LE has found more footage either near the crime scene or I-10 cameras, or the drivers have come forward with their account of what happened. These seem to be the only plausible scenarios. However, LE has been ambiguous once again in how they have came to their conclusion.... Their onto something.

I believe the Z71 is singled out because its in the area at the exact same time as mickey. Look at the activity at the gas pump. Assuming the camera a little further down St. Landry that caught the car does record constantly, it didn't catch her or the truck on it. Meaning they both went down Brashear.

But of course we don't know how that camera records. So they both could've passed it. But the truck is definitely very close to her time-wise as evident by the background activity

My understanding is that she tried to call the tip line but couldn't get through and posted as such on a news piece comment section or on facebook or something.

Hi everyone! First time posting, but have been lurking for about a year now since Lauren Spierer went missing.

So, I'm having a hard time figuring out where the bike was actually located. I know it was stated that it was not thrown from the bridge, but drove down to the location it was found. Could someone please verify the location of the bike? The reason I ask is because there are 2 traffic cams I found online, one facing east and one facing west at I 10 and exit 127 with clear shots of I 10 and the ramps. I was just thinking, if the bike was located near the ramps, wouldn't the police have video of a vehicle driving down there or at least capture something during that time on the bridge?

I'm gonna make a suggestion, if you enter a thread that you've saved that's far back from the current one, go to the current two threads, because it's possible that your question has already been answered. Just a suggestion.

It was on Good Morning America. I saw the video but who knows how accurate it was. It's the only news outlet I've seen reporting it.

Oh boy, take it with a ton of salt then. GMA reported a body found WAS missing TX teen Hailey Dunn...and it has yet to be properly ID or any media. IMO, get verification from another source if it's reported from ABC or better yet GMA.

We just had another media gaffaw in missing Linda Reed. Media reported her found alive in Mexico with alot of money; yet, LE and the FBI were at loss for the info. Sooooo.....just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
floridaman1988