LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what could she report him for?

<snipped>Then he, according to her, offered her 60 bucks for a sex act.

<snipped>What exactly could she have him arrested for?

I think you answered your own question. Solicitation of prostitution.

Thanks cuz that was my next question - are the trucks we originally thought to be the same truck, first going MS's way and then coming back the same way - the same truck.

What followed, when the other picture/s were released, was a big debate, some peeps adamant that they are not the same truck. Made my head spin, so I stopped trying to figure it out but think they are the same truck. Still not 100 percent sure though because of all the debate that took place.

It's not that I want to be right but I'd like to know the answer so that I can track the accuracy of my instincts and learn to trust them or not. At the same time, I want to try to always keep an open mind.
According to what LE are saying, they are not the same truck, but two different ones. I got confused as well but was so kindly corrected earlier.

By the way, just a tidbit:

I spoke with the cashier at the Circle K a couple hours ago, and she said that the police came in when she first went missing, but their camera had been trained on their own parking lot, and didn't catch the street.

That's probably been posted and I just missed it.

Chicken Fried I know you have already done SO much, but (smal voice) do you think maybe you or someone else could make amazing posters like the ones you made yesterday with the surveillance pic of this Z71 in front of the Circle K (instead of the Olds) so that those of us who posted the fliers with pics of the hooptie around can go replace them? I'd hate to think Olds owners would keep getting reported or eyed by people who've seen those fliers and apparently now we need to find the Z71 that was on St. Landry that night (needle in a hay stack, I know...) Just feel like we need to take the Olds fliers down wherever we put them up and if possible, replace them....

JMO but they (LE) should re-release the exact photo of which truck has not yet been ID'd. :sigh: (is that too much to ask? especially if they are asking the public to help find that truck/owner/driver? no, it is not)

This case is driving me crazier... ;)

ETA: per KATC FB linked upthread, apparently they have answered my wish. ;) YAY!

Link won't open for me now!! So much for that.

I believe the Z71 is singled out because its in the area at the exact same time as mickey. Look at the activity at the gas pump. Assuming the camera a little further down St. Landry that caught the car does record constantly, it didn't catch her or the truck on it. Meaning they both went down Brashear.

Can't think of anything more mysterious than both going down Brashear. Creeps me out.
I've discovered that I do not have a constituion for sleuthing. This story has really affected my sense of safey for the worse.

Wouldn't that be soliciting prostitution?

Even so, I guess the thing that rubs me the wrong way about it the most is that she went straight to the news instead of calling the tips line or anything.

Possibly, but there is zero proof that he actually solicited prostitution. That is why when LE makes these arrests they use recording devices to preserve the evidence. Imo, just because a girl accepts a ride from a stranger, and then accuses him of asking her to accept $ for sex, that doesn't make it so. It may have happened that way, and maybe not. But even if it did, that is a long way away from making him a cold blooded killer.

I believe the Z71 is singled out because its in the area at the exact same time as mickey. Look at the activity at the gas pump. Assuming the camera a little further down St. Landry that caught the car does record constantly, it didn't catch her or the truck on it. Meaning they both went down Brashear.

But of course we don't know how that camera records. So they both could've passed it. But the truck is definitely very close to her time-wise as evident by the background activity

Yep, I too noticed the time frame based on the white sedan in the right bay at the circle K. You're right she could have well took a left on Calder or Brashear. Then the perp could have maken a quit left too clipped her off her bike. She could have went down Brashear in attempt to make it to those traffic barriers so the truck would lose her.

And it was cool to run into WS poster EBR at the Circle K .. he had been out taking photos of old cars in the area, and we stood there together at the Circle K and reviewed them and compared them to the mystery car, on his camera phone.

What an amazing use of social networking and technology we are seeing!

Hi everyone! First time posting, but have been lurking for about a year now since Lauren Spierer went missing.

So, I'm having a hard time figuring out where the bike was actually located. I know it was stated that it was not thrown from the bridge, but drove down to the location it was found. Could someone please verify the location of the bike? The reason I ask is because there are 2 traffic cams I found online, one facing east and one facing west at I 10 and exit 127 with clear shots of I 10 and the ramps. I was just thinking, if the bike was located near the ramps, wouldn't the police have video of a vehicle driving down there or at least capture something during that time on the bridge?

someone else found those cams also, a couple days ago.

I think you answered your own question. Solicitation of prostitution.

But you need PROOF of that. A girl cannot go on TV two months later and make an unfounded claim like that, and expect any kind of legal action. Thank goodness.

Ok Sleuthers, there are only two scenarios that could have singled out the Chevrolet z71; LE has found more footage either near the crime scene or I-10 cameras, or the drivers have come forward with their account of what happened. These seem to be the only plausible scenarios. However, LE has been ambiguous once again in how they have came to their conclusion.... Their onto something.

Remember the tire tracks they found?

Yep. They're onto something.

Chicken Fried I know you have already done SO much, but (smal voice) do you think maybe you or someone else could make amazing posters like the ones you made yesterday with the surveillance pic of this Z71 in front of the Circle K (instead of the Olds) so that those of us who posted the fliers with pics of the hooptie around can go replace them? I'd hate to think Olds owners would keep getting reported or eyed by people who've seen those fliers and apparently now we need to find the Z71 that was on St. Landry that night (needle in a hay stack, I know...) Just feel like we need to take the Olds fliers down wherever we put them up and if possible, replace them....

Yeah I thought of that. I'm really exhausted and also have a BUNCH of personal business I have neglected. What you all could do is just link and tell me WHICH photo(s) of the truck should go on the poster and I'm glad to do it. I already meant to go take down the Olds posters.

I will be more circumspect in the future. Lesson to self, that's regarding doing this on the 'net.

In person, I can be pretty low-key and invisible and blend in. I didn't just go barging around. And had it been the car, I certainly wasn't going to stop and stare or go banging on the door. I would have left and called LE. And I didn't pull into the driveway, 8-track blaring, either.

A casual stroll from a few blocks away slouching with a low cap like the rest of the people and then use the corner of the eye.

Shouldn't have put it on the 'net.

When paris_paris shows up, tell her I'm ready for my spanking.

One from me too. :nono::whip:

But what could she report him for? He offered her a ride, in broad daylight, and she voluntarily climbed into his truck. Then he, according to her, offered her 60 bucks for a sex act. She declined, and he dropped her off safely. What exactly could she have him arrested for?

Just because he said, supposedly, that he liked to drive around to look for pretty girls? I bet lots of men do that, routinely. That is not against the law.

I'm pretty sure it's against the law to offer someone money for sex. He could have definitely been arrested for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew