LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lived off of St Mary for the last several years and have found myself sitting at the stop sign at the corner of St Mary and St Landry literally hundreds of times and I have always noticed what I *thought* were video cameras mounted on Martin and Castille funeral home. I even went back and viewed Becky's video and saw again what I thought were cameras.

However, I finally called M&C just now to verify for myself and was told that they do not have cams on the building.

I've now satisfied for myself that there are no cameras on that building and apologize for muddying the waters with my earlier posts.

These threads are moving so fast, I may have missed something.

I thought LE made a statement that the bike was driven down the exit and put into the water....I know before that we were speculating that it could have been driven or thrown from the bridge. Are we now thinking that in spite of the LE comment, it was possibly thrown?

This discussion got going a couple nights ago when red hot rumors were swirling that McGee was the culprit. He was drunk, killed Mickey by accident, Mickey and bike taken from scene. Somebody, a passenger in the car, ratted him out to the police. McGee and truck were in custody and a confession was obtained.

So............

The discussion arose about how McGee would have disposed of the evidence. He lives in Henderson not far from where the bike was found. Was it possible that he used a boat to dump evidence in the basin? If so, how would he do it? Was the bike found under the bridge actually dumped in the channel and delivered to its location by water currents? Where is the body? Etc.

It is an interesting theory and should not be thrown out. But it is certainly not the most parsimonius explanation of the facts.

Just a comment.......I really appreciate the work everyone is doing here. It reminds me of the work that so many, many people did on the Caylee case......keep up the good work! I am confident that Mickey will be found and brought home to her family. Praying that she will be alive!

Does anyone know if search dogs were taken along the route that Mickey travelled from BW's home to where she was last seen?

Don't know if I should post now or wait for a new thread ;)

JMO - just another theory - what IF....

MS hit that same bump (that's in the "she's under the truck photo") and her tire got bent, she had to stop, and the white truck occupants stopped to help her - and from that point is when things went bad.

If following my logic you have photo of MS - then photo of truck - but from after that point but before next camera is where her tire is damaged and help is being given, but something nasty happens after MS and bike are in the truck. Occupants of truck now have to dispose of bike . . . . . (will not post the rest, MS still may be alive)

If I were on a boat disposing of that bike, I'd make sure it would not float (puncture tires) AND I'd dump the bike far, far from a boat landing.....I'd head out to a deep, wild area. You are absolutely correct in that using a boat to dispose of evidence is probably the best, easiest way to go around here: the basin area is so wild and overgrown in places that things could conceivably disappear forever.

We have so many people with boats over here---Sportsmans Paradise and all!---and most of them would be familiar with our local waterways. I just think it would be a no-brainer to dump the bike where it could not end up near a dock.

If it were a local with a boat, he might think only of Whiskey Bay because the Pilot Channel's so deep. He may not have known of a better place, or thought it was the best. And it would have been a lot less work than dragging something through a swamp..... and again - - the water's deep and fast.

And..... not everyone would puncture the tires... not everyone. Especially if the bike sank, hovered at 10 feet, and then tumbled along, where he couldn't see it.

Is it possible to do a dragnet (if that's what it's called) in the water . Would wonder if she were placed in the river near her bike, how far the current may have taken her?

I hope Forensics are working on that bike (supposedly at lab in Baton Rouge), cause they can be real sloooooow!

What if its s Someone she KNOWS!

And it very well could be and statistics shows us that the perp is usually someone the victim knows.

And it could be that she did scream but was not around residential houses and no one heard.

It could be that she was in shock and/or subdued right away.

Or someone heard but ignored it. And I have heard this a number of times where people just don't want to get involved.

We have no way of knowing when, how and what happened.

See that to me takes way to much planning!
Why risk it? lugging the bike around and Mickey? Nawwww!
They tossed the bike and they tossed Mickey LE has to find out where.

We can sit and talk about the white truck till we are blue in the face.
None of it matters until they find said truck!

Wht if it has nothing at all to do with it?

I do not think she was run over!
I think maybe she stopped and someone grabbed her! Poof gone!

I do not think its as complicated as some may think! JMO

They would have to lug it all somewhere, wouldn't they? Either way, they've got to do the work and take the risk.

Yeah, they could have done that. That's assuming a random, unthinking perp.

A local, thinking perp would have used a boat. It's just the most effective way. Let me try to paint it for you - how it's not that hard.

Wrap up your evidence in a tarp; not necessary for the bike. Weight the tarp. Put it all in the boat when no one is looking and conceal it, Hook up your boat to your truck, drive down to a private or public landing somewhere around Butte la Rose. Drive up river for an hour or so. Enjoy the scenery. Bring your fishing poles, too, to make it look good. Ride past the junction of the bayou and the Pilot Channel, where the current gets fast and deep. Ride past the little camps on the left bank, so as not to be seen. Dump everything overboard. Ride back for an hour or so.... pull the boat out of the water.... You are done!

If the bike did somehow float, then that was his only mistake.

Wouldnt it have been smarter to toss it over where there were trees and forest?

Wodalo, are you still convinced it's Micke's bike under the truck, even after seeing the road repair? If so, are you willing to share the other enhanced photos you have? Thanks.

i have not seen this video, but i will say, i am not stuck on any one frame of thinking... i rule nothing out. even if i was 100% sure of something, until this case is solved, it would not keep me from exploring ALL possibilities... even if they go against information that has been provided (even by me)...

i am sure of some things in that pic... there is a light "source" under that vehicle. based on the intensity of the light and direction of the beam... it is near but not on the ground... i thought it might be a dislodged driving light (the little ones in the bumper) hanging by a wire (and still may be) but because of other information i have taken into account (the intensity of the beam is consistent with the bike light we have in other frames and inconsistent with a bright 25-30 watt halogen fog light) lean toward a bike light... (a bright halogen light dangling that far down on a moving/slowing vehicle would be swinging and should cause a motion blur in a single frame because it is pointed almost in the direction of the camera)

nothing i say is gold... use your mind, explore EVERYTHING, dont get stuck on any one detail...

please send me a link to the vid... i will look at it later.

i hope i answered your question

MS hit that same bump (that's in the "she's under the truck photo") and her tire got bent, she had to stop, and the white truck occupants stopped to help her - and from that point is when things went bad.

If following my logic you have photo of MS - then photo of truck - but from after that point but before next camera is where her tire is damaged and help is being given, but something nasty happens after MS and bike are in the truck. Occupants of truck now have to dispose of bike . . . . . (will not post the rest, MS still may be alive)

She was riding a Schwinn - a very sturdy, heavy bike. I don't see hitting a rough patch of pavement damaging the rim. But I could be wrong.

A local older outdoor enthusiast who knows these areas well and was out in WB prior to the bike being found passed on info that the water had dropped 4 feet.

I reference the statement from the reporter I posted on Pg. 27:

The only thing that Cpl. Mouton said was that they did not think it had been thrown off the bridge. They did not rule out that it was placed there from the water.

I don't think it would have been. if you had a boat, why on earth would you dump it right under the bridge, where it would have a chance of being found?

And if you had a boat and dumped it upstream but it stayed suspended in the water column for long enough to wash up on the bank (like the Titanic moved a couple miles underwater before it hit bottom), then it's a heck of a coincidence that it ended up there. BUT sometimes coincidences DO happen. If the goal of the boater was to get all the evidence in the WB Pilot Channel so as to dispose of it forever, he would have had to launch from upstream (I will have to check, but I don't think there are any downstream launches that are realistically feasible), but pass all the little camps on the left bank so he wouldn't get seen, but not approach the bridge closely enough to be seen dumping something large overboard.

Just those restrictive factors - by complete coincidence, make it within the realm of possibility that the bike stayed above the bottom long enough to make it to where it did - coincidentally under the interstate (maybe there are underwater protrusions from the construction of the bridge that catch things, and maybe it's not such a big coincidence as it looks).

And then when the water receding, it was found. I saw someone post a day or two ago that the water level fell between the disappearance and the bike discovery.

This is something to check out.

I think the "floating-bike" theory needs to be checked out by LE, combined with the known water levels, and underwater obstruction, to rule it in or out.

Is it possible to do a dragnet (if that's what it's called) in the water . Would wonder if she were placed in the river near her bike, how far the current may have taken her?

I think with all the stumps and debris in there, the sonar was their best bet... we all see how that turned out. I wonder if there is a type of net or technique to effectively drag in an areal like that.

how would she text while riding a bike?! I'm sure you could pull it off, but it'd be easier to swing by the place then try to text and ride or stop completely to text...?! Especially at 2a.m. Just a thought :)

Or...

...maybe...

...she stopped to send a text, and that's when things went sour. Stopping in a risky place; add to that the propensity of most to hyperfocus on texting and to briefly tune out surroundings; etc. could have made her ripe for the picking.

Just a thought.

Wouldnt it have been smarter to toss it over where there were trees and forest?

Ya know, I've been thinking that myself. Why not toss it somewhere where it may never have been found, and not somewhere that boats and men who fish would possibly find it. It's making no sense to me, unless that's also where Mickey is, and what bothers me so much about that is, alligators.

Been around here for years and yes it happens in every case sadly . Famous name in here is Trolls or attention seekers. But we have to take the ones looking to help fine any Missing person and with good intentions in their hearts with the bad ones. IMHO

This is off topic, but JDB, good to see ya!

Has anyone thought to look on the road where the last video capture of MS and the truck are? If the bike was hit by the truck, there may be some damage or scarring on the road from the bike scraping the pavement. I would go look, but I am not in the area. Maybe when ACI or ChickenFried goes up there they can look?

I am not an expert, but I did personally drive over that area, AND walk it, and there was NOTHING there to indicate an accident. No hair, bike pieces, new scrapes on road, NOTHING.

That bump is tall, but pretty smooth. IMO it would not have been enough to damage the rim or tire,

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member