LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a heck of a curb she jumped there. Do bikers jump curbs or stop and lift the tire up?

We can do both. Her bike could jump a curb, my road bike can not, my cruiser is too dang heavy and the mountain bike is too old to be doing that kind of nonsense on. So in answer to your question, depends on the bike, the curb, and the rider..

I think the fact that posters can see TWO Mickeys in a stretch of about 20 feet is pretty telling. And they both happen to fall where a vehicle is parked.

Okay I bite, let's say for a moment that she was aware she was being followed by this point. She switched over to the sidewalk to try to get away. Why not just turn around and go back to Circle K? Safer, and at a sprinters pace.. there in no time.

LA

Maybe she went from the frying pan into the fire. Maybe someone else seemed to be following her, and she ended up running right into the white truck?

Right, well trouble with being in the UK is, by the time I catch up and add a note or two, it's 1am and I have to go. So, again, take care everyone and praying for good news tomorrow :please:

We do know the details. We know he went to AHS b/c that's what it says on his FB, and the school's website shows that graduation was at 11:30am.

It was late that morning - I remember hearing the interview (live while helping with the search, not seeing/reading it) where Charlie and the dad stated that when the graduation festivities ended early afternoon they spent some time calling/texting all friends and trying hospitals before officially reporting it - hoping she would just turn up with some strange story. Graduations for the larger schools around here can last hours for sure so the timing makes sense. The dad was off shore and was contacted by email at some point during this evening as well.

I think the fact that posters can see TWO Mickeys in a stretch of about 20 feet is pretty telling. And they both happen to fall where a vehicle is parked.

Actually, I can see a back tire, and a front tire, but I can also see what nadine's sister is seeing also. It's just so difficult to make out.

I'm new and I'm not sure if I'm even posting this correctly but I have 2 questions that may have some substance to them. I can't stop replaying in my mind that she was on camera at LUS which is across from Circle K then apparently NOT caught on camera at the area the hooptie was caught at.
1) if there was a camera that saw the hooptie at a certain time, then common sense says that same cam would've caught Mickey if she were to have continued down st Landry since its only about a block further than the LUS cam, Right?

2) Mentions of the stables she has worked at has come up and I completely forgot she worked there. Does anyone know if they have questioned people who worked for stables or is associated with that? After all, as said in a previous thread from a few days ago, the WT look like it may not have a tailgate and could haul a 5th wheel trailer.

Nothing more of this mysterious green van with TN plates?

I'm not even remotely convinced that this vehicle wasn't involved, based on an eyewitness account of what happened to her earlier that day, involving said van.

What about the green van and what happened to her earlier that day. Details please. thought i read all this case but missed this. Thank!

That's a heck of a curb she jumped there. Do bikers jump curbs or stop and lift the tire up?

A lot of my friends have bikes with the super skinny tires, which are made for speed. They constantly get flats because of little rocks in the road, curbs, and other potential "urban" hazards. If her bike has the skinny tires, which I'm assuming they do, then I highly doubt she was hopping curbs.

JMHO

I'm new and I'm not sure if I'm even posting this correctly but I have 2 questions that may have some substance to them. I can't stop replaying in my mind that she was on camera at LUS which is across from Circle K then apparently NOT caught on camera at the area the hooptie was caught at.
1) if there was a camera that saw the hooptie at a certain time, then common sense says that same cam would've caught Mickey if she were to have continued down st Landry since its only about a block further than the LUS cam, Right?

2) Mentions of the stables she has worked at has come up and I completely forgot she worked there. Does anyone know if they have questioned people who worked for stables or is associated with that? After all, as said in a previous thread from a few days ago, the WT look like it may not have a tailgate and could haul a 5th wheel trailer.

I thought the same. maybe it was someone who worked at the stables who "knew" her casually so she trusted them. Maybe they convinced her to go check on her horse that night?

What about the green van and what happened to her earlier that day. Details please. thought i read all this case but missed this. Thank!

It was something that happened to another woman in the area earlier that day - green van spooked her while on her bike but I have not seen it reported/posted anywhere but here and Im local. Wish we did know more though because I agree it was a good angle that was abandoned as soon as the slew of white trucks came along...could be completely unrelated, could be total rumor, but still worth knowing more.

Im only on pg 12 of this thread but gotta post now...wish chicken fried was on...W4D Z71 pulled over by 2 police cars &the police suburban! I had my daughter video as we passed by. Im sure I can't post that but mabey pm...its on Kaliste Saloom right past Max's/T-coons, same sideway of road, bfr you get to the light at Feu Follet.

Copied from Wikipedia:

Pareidolia (play /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

Our brains are wired to try to fit random shapes into familiar objects. We've got a mother lode of it occurring here, IMO! We've had posters who have seen Mickey, sans clothing, sitting on an open tailgate of the truck turning left onto University. We've had posters who have seen Mickey and her bike under the same truck.....same picture! And then of course, Mickey and her bike were under the picture of the truck headed onto St. Landry.

I'm going to go with FACTS. LE has flat out stated that they have NO VIDEO of Mickey after the video capture at the LCG building.

That was the theory that most had settled on here some time ago. There was a long continuing argument. A WS poster got fustrated with the whole truck mess and called the police dept directly last night. The LEO they spoke to said the two trucks at the Circle K were THE SAME TRUCK. This officer could be confused like the rest of us. But that is what was reported. So................

back to square one then ~ the above is what was stuck in my brain ~ __ the trucks. :maddening:

This is a very good point re: the stables. Not sure what those stables are like, but many stables hire hands that move around alot. I think this merits close examination. Good call.

:welcome4:

Interesting. Over the last week, we have seen in these photos:

1) Mickey sitting on the back edge of the truck bed of the truck in the left turning lane.
2) Mickey lying dead or dying under the left front tire
3) Mickey riding further down St. Landry.
4) A second Mickey riding further down St. Landry

And number three and four are in one photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed