Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to upload a photo from an iPhone picture gallery to the thread? I have an excellent picture of the body as shown from a channel 7 chopper shot. It shows a perspective of looking down from the bridge and from that angle, it is looking like the body could have easily have been dumped. Grr, every time I try to post it, I get a URL request. Most annoying!!

This is circumspect and probably off topic:

WHY did such an over-acheiver marry such an under-acheiver in the first place. Not talking money, but SOUL? Given her background and his, how could he ever have satisfied her emotionally and intellectually. I suspect these partnerships occur all the time. And therefore have answered my own question. Please ignore.

:banghead:

Oh, I agree. I don't think sleuthing this person is appropriate at all, especially given that if they were the one to discover ABC's body they have been through enough. I am simply interested in the fact that the comment has since been removed from the geocache site - hopefully not as a result from this person being hounded for information by members of the public.

My guess is that this is correct. for all we know, he/she could be a minor. I think discussions need to stop immediately on this (sounds harsh, but it's meant to be).

Please please please everyone move on from this! It's inappropriate.

WHY did such an over-acheiver marry such an under-acheiver in the first place. Not talking money, but SOUL? Given her background and his, how could he ever have satisfied her emotionally and intellectually. I suspect these partnerships occur all the time. And therefore have answered my own question. Please ignore.

Clara,

Why did you use the word estrangement in your previous post?

Does anyone know how to upload a photo from an iPhone picture gallery to the thread? I have an excellent picture of the body as shown from a channel 7 chopper shot. It shows a perspective of looking down from the bridge and from that angle, it is looking like the body could have easily have been dumped. Grr, every time I try to post it, I get a URL request. Most annoying!!

Are you viewing the site through your iPhone or PC?

A little bit of fun

A cop was driving down a country road when he saw a car in the ditch. He got out of his car to see if anyone was in the car. GBC popped his head out the window and said "Thank god officer! I got in another accident!" The officer replied with "Well I can see that! Are you okay?" GBC looked forward and said "Well yeah... I am a little bit hurt but I'll be OK." Then the officer looked around and said "Sir.... your car looks like an elephant stepped on it. How did you crash?" GBC looked at him and said "It was so strange. I was driving down the road and out of nowhere a tree jumped infront of me, so I swerved to the other side and another tree was in the way, so I swerved again, but another one was there again, so one last time I swerved to the other side, but the damn tree got me, and caused me to go in this ditch!" The officer started to laugh hard. "Whats so funny?" GBC asked. The officer took a second to catch his breath then said "Sir, theres no trees on this road for miles ahead. That was your car air freshner swinging back and forth!"

After finding the Paul Tully blog post last night, I'm still troubled by it. I've done a massive search of twitter, google, blogs etc this morning and there isn't one post, tweet or other piece of information anywhere, that is even remotely close to corroborating it.

This could indicate either a complete load of old cobblers or those reporters, in MSM, following the case are already aware of the claim but have chosen not to report it.

Reporters as opposed to bloggers or joe bloe down the road typically require a source before they can print anything. Doesn't stop them from reporting complete nonsense half the time of course, but they generally have a source who gave them the complete rubbish to begin with that they can quote in their story.

Modern day journo's appear to have no real interest in finding out if the info is credible or not and are hell bent on just printing the story or going to air. I doubt they would have any real choice in the matter and are pressured from the suits on the 40th Floor to get the scoop at all costs. cut throat game...

After reading that blog no doubt they will be scurrying to try and hunt down a source to tell them the same thing. The authorities are helpless to prevent this.

Perhaps someone read the posts here and decided to remove it (or inform the person who posted it) after out discussions. *Or perhaps QPS spoke to them?

Errm...it was me. After seeing them named on here and knowing geocache profiles often contain personally identifiable info, I thought it prudent to give them a heads up about it. They were oblivious to the WS discussion until then and grateful to have the opportunity to delete their comment. Incidentally, their comment had indeed been misinterpreted on here. They weren't the poor soul who had to find Allison. Luckily that person can truly retain their anonymity.

Through my iPhone.

I have just attempted to upload an image via my iPhone to the site and am getting the same prompt to enter a URL. It seems that the site is not iPhone compatible or to insert an image from a mobile phone you need to upload it to a photo hosting site first and then insert the URL as requested before loading.

It also will not allow attachment files to be added from a mobile phone.

Errm...it was me. After seeing them named on here and knowing geocache profiles often contain personally identifiable info, I thought it prudent to give them a heads up about it. They were oblivious to the WS discussion until then and grateful to have the opportunity to delete their comment. Incidentally, their comment had indeed been misinterpreted on here. They weren't the poor soul who had to find Allison. Luckily that person can truly retain their anonymity.

Thank you very much, both for doing that and for clearing that up.

To what do you refer when you say estrangement?

As in, the concept of marriage as most of us currently understand it, I would consider there was an ESTRANGEMENT if one of the partners was having a relationship with another over a distance of time. As in TM and GBC as reported.

Does that make sense?

As in, the concept of marriage as most of us currently understand it, I would consider there was an ESTRANGEMENT if one of the partners was having a relationship with another over a distance of time. As in TM and GBC as reported.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for explaining Clara, the pages are not loading properly tonight and driving me nuts.......

You are speaking in your own opinion, yes?

Cheers

Thanks for explaining Clara, the pages are not loading properly tonight and driving me nuts.......

You are speaking in your own opinion, yes?

Cheers

Of course. Is that not obvious? MOO...... or whatever you people say here....

Clara123 -I will have a go at answering this for you- I am sure I will be helped out by a few others on the site ---but I think GBC would have been RELENTLESS in his pursuit of Allison. She would have been the kind of trophy that would make him look good and give him insight into a different world to the one he was going to move in. He had no credentials she had many. She was pretty successful and ilntelligent and he was determined that she would be 'useful' for his journey through life. We suspect GBC is a narcissist which means he would have been charming and abundantly giving until he won her over or until she figured out she married a complete dud. At this point in time she was probably aware that she was being abused and belittled but was unable to extricate herself easily with 3 young girls and no way to support herself financially. Besides all this ABC was a perfectionist and wanted everyone to believe that things in her life were good and that she was happy and so wanted to have her happy marriage and family despite the fact she was living in hell.

Well not exactly why she got together with bugalugs but you can probly catch my drift......

I did a little outline around where the body is for people who think that area is rocks etc.

Also note the red arrow that Makura placed on this original pic is touching an officer you can only just see standing above the body, he looks yellow in this shot but if you watch the video you will see him move.

Thanks to Makura who took this screenshot, all I did was drew the rough green line around the body.

I have never posted anything in relation to the placement of Allisons body because, for all the photos and videos posted...I cant see it. With this image, the green outline looks to be at least twice the size of the other three people that I can see, so I have trouble seeing that this could be Allison. I have tried so so hard to see the body of Allison in all the images, but I just can't. The guy in the yellow forensics suit I see perfectly, the guy down below pointing I see perfectly. The guy to the left of yellow man, I see pretty well (facing away from the camera with a back pack?) but no body.

Has anyone else not been able to see Allison in these photos/videos?

One thing that struck me about the media coverage of the search for Allison and the finding of her body was that this was missing at the end of the articles:
If you or someone you know may be at risk of suicide contact Lifeline 13 11 14, beyondblue 1300 22 46 36, or Salvo Care Line 1300 36 36 22.
It is usually repeated like a mantra at the end of missing persons articles.

It is usually only printed, in my experience, when there is a confirmed suicide or when a missing person has a history of self harming behaviours, has made threats or is likely to harm themself. But usually only after the event, when an article is written, such as the 2 incidents at the Story bridge in recent times.

Yes I've often wondered that IF GBC has some serious personality disorder, such as sociopathy or similar, whether Allison would have worked that out eventually, especially considering she had a psych background.

If she had, she would also have known he was never going to change, so it's easy to wonder why would she stay with a man like that. But I guess knowing someone is a bad egg is different to actually leaving them.

I always wonder if she was leaving him though, and whether that's got anything to do with what happened to her.

MOO

Clara123 -I will have a go at answering this for you- I am sure I will be helped out by a few others on the site ---but I think GBC would have been RELENTLESS in his pursuit of Allison. She would have been the kind of trophy that would make him look good and give him insight into a different world to the one he was going to move in. He had no credentials she had many. She was pretty successful and ilntelligent and he was determined that she would be 'useful' for his journey through life. We suspect GBC is a narcissist which means he would have been charming and abundantly giving until he won her over or until she figured out she married a complete dud. At this point in time she was probably aware that she was being abused and belittled but was unable to extricate herself easily with 3 young girls and no way to support herself financially. Besides all this ABC was a perfectionist and wanted everyone to believe that things in her life were good and that she was happy and so wanted to have her happy marriage and family despite the fact she was living in hell.

Well not exactly why she got together with bugalugs but you can probly catch my drift......

Yes, got your drift, thanks.

What is the name of that dasterdly situation /syndrome again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saucebat