ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine: I also doubt the schizophrenia, and tend to believe bipolar disorder, with at least one or even more other disorders.
(Risperidone (or Risperdal) also used for bipolar disorder).

I also have had some personal experience with bipolar disorder. While it in no way makes me an expert, there are many traits that pop out, in reading all the stuff these past couple of weeks about LM:
the depression, mood swings, agoraphobia, grandiosity, living inside one's head (rich fantasy life), staying awake for 2 or 3 days or even more, impulsivity, inability to deal with "real" life (paying bills, keeping a steady job), making and keeping friendships.

All this is pure conjecture. We all will have to wait and see what the professionals come up with. It will be interesting, and I'm sure even amongst them, there will be conflicting diagnoses and theories.

I have a step relative who developed schizophrenia at about that age. He was just odd most of the time, but REALLY odd some of the time. For example, he would become obsessed that there was something wrong with the shampoo in the showers and insist on pouring it out. I honestly know nothing much about the disorder other than my limited experience with his behavior. But from what little I saw I guess I would have to say that I don't think it's completely impossible that lm could have it, too. Perhaps there are varying degrees?

there could be....

my ex while off his meds would become crazy like jim carey in his movie 23....
i once walked into his room and he had taken a black permanent marker and covered all 4 white walls in these crazy ramblings.....crazy crap that you would expect to come out of charles manson's mouth....nothing made sense to me, but it did to him...he would swear he was receiving these prophetic messages and that was what he was scribbling all over his walls.

while he didnt threaten my life....THAT scared the sh.t out of me because it finally gave me true insight into what was going on in his head.

LM is much too controlled IMO.....he is much too calm and even keeled.....
his writings, while his typing is crap are much too organized in thought...they arent all over the place and you have to wonder WTF he is talking about...

again, JMO....and yeah, maybe there are varying levels of this mental illness....

One thing is certain, during a psychotic break actions are frantic and disordered, nothing like the calm, cool and collected actions of Luka on the killvid. I think the earliest theories of narcissism still apply here.
Not always, at least from what I've observed personally. I think it depends on the person and, possibly, gender in how they act out during a psychotic episode. Some are just paranoid, some hear voices, some have delusions (religious or not). They're both very complex illnesses, and when psychosis happens, it can run the gamut.

A common misconception is that schizophrenia = multiple personality disorder. People often use the term "schizo" when they are trying to describe someone who appears to have multiple personalities. IMO, LM is not schizophrenic.

I think he meant, jam it in harder... which would hurt. Also, knowing how my gay friends are, I can see them getting more upset about spit on their versace shirt, than on their face. Which makes this list seem more legit in my eyes.... not that I side with this guy in any fashion.

Just catching up sorry if this has been requested already, what is this list, is there a link?

there could be....

my ex while off his meds would become crazy like jim carey in his movie 23....
i was walked into his room and he had taken a black permanent marker and covered all 4 white walls in these crazy ramblings.....crazy crap that you would expect to come out of charles manson's mouth....nothing made sense to me, but it did to him...he would swear he was receiving these prophetic messages and that was what he was scribbling all over his walls.

while he didnt threaten my life....THAT scared the sh.t out of me because it finally gave me true insight into what was going on in his head.

LM is much too controlled IMO.....he is much too calm and even keeled.....
his writings, while his typing is crap are much too organized in thought...they arent all over the place and you have to wonder WTF he is talking about...

again, JMO....and yeah, maybe there are varying levels of this mental illness....

Everything Luka did seemed to be too goal orientated and controlled to be the result of a chaotic sort of disorder, such as the ones you are describing. Everything he did, and said was for EFFECT, to draw attention to himself, even if it was negative attention. This is narcissism, pure and simple. From what little we are able to gleam about his early start in life, we can see separation from his mother, and an abusive home with a domineering Grandmother, both situations tragically welll suited to the development of a personality disorder. Was he depressed at some point? No doubt. Anger is a hallmark of narcissim, both at the outside world and at oneself, and we see this in the reports of him punching his own face in the shower, as given us by his transgendered ex. That level of frustration is also a hallmark of narcissism.

Just catching up sorry if this has been requested already, what is this list, is there a link?

It's a list of how lm claims to have been abused as given by lm in an e-mail to a lawyer he retained. The link to the interview with the lawyer is upthread a little bit and the e-mails are in that link, as well.

Personally, this is nothing more than rumor-mongering and casting dirt on the victim unless you have some valid proof to back this up with. There has been nothing shown to state that Lin Jun was into bondage, or that he had anything other than a casual knowledge of his murderer. Honestly, I find these posts that state he was 'enjoying' his murder, or that he actively sought out someone to hurt him, distasteful to say the least.

Why are you making the leap that because someone is into bondage, they're enjoying their murder? Seriously?

"or casual knowledge of his murderer"? Again, seriously? Jun Lin's new boyfriend, the man who reported him missing, told the police Jun Lin had been Luka Magnotta's boyfriend, in a romantic relationship with him, and was leaving him. That's a little more than "casual knowledge of his murderer".

Suspect Luka Rocco Magnotta, 29, was a resident of that building and Montreal police said that he was in a romantic relationship with Lin.

"We know that the suspect and the victim knew each other. It was not a random attack," Lafreniere said. "(Magnotta) knew the victim. They were having an affair."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...hinese-student/story?id=16476491#.T9k2GdVSRc4

Please don't put words into my mouth or accuse me of having nefarious intentions.

Anyone have a link to the article where Luka claims he was assaulted ? Also the list of things done to him that were being discussed in this thread ? { I looked - could not find links to the articles or documents }

I was looking for a bookmark - of course cannot find that either. Some article mentioned Luka has a neighbor - some actor from horror films. The guy was in a Clive Barker film. Luka invited the guy up to Luka's apartment. The guy did not go up - and says he is very happy for that.

Anyways Encyclopedia Dramatica has an interesting page on Luka. MAJOR WARNING on almost all of your senses if you decide to check it out though.

Anyone have a link to the article where Luka claims he was assaulted ? Also the list of things done to him that were being discussed in this thread ? { I looked - could not find links to the articles or documents }

I was looking for a bookmark - of course cannot find that either. Some article mentioned Luka has a neighbor - some actor from horror films. The guy was in a Clive Barker film. Luka invited the guy up to Luka's apartment. The guy did not go up - and says he is very happy for that.

Anyways Encyclopedia Dramatica has an interesting page on Luka. MAJOR WARNING on almost all of your senses if you decide to check it out though.

here ya go

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bizarre-backstory-of-the-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6

Why are you making the leap that because someone is into bondage, they're enjoying their murder? Seriously?

"or casual knowledge of his murderer"? Again, seriously? Jun Lin's new boyfriend, the man who reported him missing, told the police Jun Lin had been Luka Magnotta's boyfriend, in a romantic relationship with him, and was leaving him. That's a little more than "casual knowledge of his murderer".

Please don't put words into my mouth or accuse me of having nefarious intentions.

Why do you think Jun Lin was into bondage?

The Montreal police have since backtracked on that statement, now saying that they do NOT know how the victim knew his murderer. As for the "enjoying" part, that was in reference to another poster whi continually suggests that Jun Lin was enjoying himself at the beginning of the tape. Further...unless you can offer documented proof that Jun Lin enjoyed bondage, I think it is grossly unfair to his memory and to his family to suggest it. It is immaterial to this crime, in any case, if he did or did not participate in BDSM, so why even mention it? That is as bad as the press constantly bringing up that they were gay, as if being gay in some way led him to his death.

I thought his friends never heard of LM?

Hello... I've been reading the threads here for days. I'm amazed at the information you guys have come up with. Amazing job by everyone here!

I just wanted to say that my doctor had prescribed me Risperdal and I tried my best to stay on it because he told me to stay with it but I couldn't even function while taking it. It made me feel so dead tired 24/7 that I just felt like I was going to fall over. I know it reacts differently to different people but that was my experience with it. I was prescribed it for bi-polar disorder. I was also prescribed something called Lamictal and I stopped taking it (without tapering like I should have) and it made me feel like what I would guess tripping on acid would be like. I couldn't even keep my balance. I couldn't see straight. I've had withdrawal symptoms from other drugs like that too (like Effexor).

Just makes me think if it was a problem with meds it might have been a withdrawal problem.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that in and say Hi while I was at it. Thanks for sharing all you have with everyone.

Soooo... am I the only one who doubts Romeo Salta's story? Am I the only one who finds it a bit more than a coincidence that his wife is a very outspoken animal activist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500