NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Jillie i don't know what i did wrong. I just made up a display pic with Allison and some sunflowers. I was going to put it in my display pic but obviously it didn't work :(

yes it worked

I have been (mostly) an observer to this site since Allison's disappearance. I've never been to a website (like this, or any other really) but something GOT me about this from Day One. And, now of course, it has come to its ultimate conclusion - for now. A man who was privileged enough to have everything that many people dream about (a loving, beautiful wife and three beautiful, healthy young children) treated them/his blessed life like dog___ on his shoe. What an evil, callous, <modsnip>. I would like to know though, what might his Life Sentence really mean? Is it Life or will he be out and about in 10-15 years with good behaviour in prison? (My feeling about him is - he is in real shock, that he didn't get bail. And that he really believes he could 'still get out of this'.) I was in LA when OJ was freed - I know it's quite different, there were issues of race, celebrity etc etc...but I guess there is still the question of the 'smoking gun' to get GBC...though I hope this 'avalanche of circumstantial evidence' will convict him and that there will be much more evidence to come from the QLD Police who appear to have done such a stellar job so far.) But I'd just like to know if Life means Life in Qld? If it is a l-o-n-g time I think he will 'fall apart' and try to harm himself - to get out of it like a coward or to garner sympathy from someone...anyone. I hate to say that - because his daughters, no matter what he's done, he's still their Dad and will be torn forever on this....how one man can cause such destruction from such blessings....it's a horror story.

So with the new info that we now know - I'm wondering about the significance of the roundabout again (if not due to the alleged sighting of NBC there which I still struggle to believe as it would be such a ridiculous thing to do - but then we have certainly learned that there are no rocket scientists involved in this murder so far).....

I recall that the police conducted tests, timing a car driving up Brookfield Rd from the roundabout, right? I wonder if this would be something to do with a sighting of a car on the roundabout, and relating the time of sighting to the time a certain phone was put on or taken off its charger?

I'm thinking that... they didn't need to disclose all of their evidence at the bail hearing, only enough to prevent him getting bail...

I'm not so sure about this. It is a legal duty for the prosecution to disclose info, maybe not all at this stage, but the autopsy report would have been made available to the defence. I'm pretty positive it would be the first thing the defence would have requested.

So with the new info that we now know - I'm wondering about the significance of the roundabout again (if not due to the alleged sighting of NBC there which I still struggle to believe as it would be such a ridiculous thing to do - but then we have certainly learned that there are no rocket scientists involved in this murder so far).....

I recall that the police conducted tests, timing a car driving up Brookfield Rd from the roundabout, right? I wonder if this would be something to do with a sighting of a car on the roundabout, and relating the time of sighting to the time a certain phone was put on or taken off its charger?

It was stated yesterday the phone was taken off the charger at 8:45 pm. At what time of day was the timing thing at the roundabout done?

I'm not so sure about this. It is a legal duty for the prosecution to disclose info, maybe not all at this stage, but the autopsy report would have been made available to the defence. I'm pretty positive it would be the first thing the defence would have requested.

Not sure, but I suspect there is no obligation to put ALL of their cards on the table for a bail hearing (it's not the main trial, where they do have to disclose). Note what was said about the blood... (i.e. the prosecution indicated that they didn't need to provide evidence that it was ABCs at this stage, but they indicated that such evidence was indeed available...)

Much evidence is probably available, but strategically it would make sense to make 'just enough' available to deny bail and keep the rest under their hat if they can. Doing otherwise would be helping the defence team.

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the gentlemans agreements?

I am wondering if some of these were from shady characters? Or at least from people who could exert lots of pressure on GBC. Also I don't think bankruptcy would be something that GBC would consider for a couple of reasons not including whatever assertions have been made about him not wanting to be seen as a failure. They include bankruptcy wouldn't stop the gentlemans agreement loans from needing to be paid out if they were not exactly legitmate and GBC wouldn't be able to be a director of a company for a time (if ever).

I remember in one of the earlier threads there was some minor discussion about whether GBC might have loans from bikies or something...I wonder if this was fairly close to the truth?

COD - I read earlier in this thread someone thought that Allison wouldn't have been buried without a COD. I don't think that is quite correct. My understanding is that the COD could be "undetermined" and still would be released for burial. Can anybody who knows about this clarify for us please?

I agree.. I am not an expert. But I believe if no known cause then it is listed as undetermined. I don't think it is true that a body cannot be buried without cause of death..well perhaps so, and that is why 'undetermined' is listed when they don't actually know the cause.

I have been (mostly) an observer to this site since Allison's disappearance. I've never been to a website (like this, or any other really) but something GOT me about this from Day One. And, now of course, it has come to its ultimate conclusion - for now. A man who was privileged enough to have everything that many people dream about (a loving, beautiful wife and three beautiful, healthy young children) treated them/his blessed life like dog___ on his shoe. What an evil, callous, SOB. I would like to know though, what might his Life Sentence really mean? Is it Life or will he be out and about in 10-15 years with good behaviour in prison? (My feeling about him is - he is in real shock, that he didn't get bail. And that he really believes he could 'still get out of this'.) I was in LA when OJ was freed - I know it's quite different, there were issues of race, celebrity etc etc...but I guess there is still the question of the 'smoking gun' to get GBC...though I hope this 'avalanche of circumstantial evidence' will convict him and that there will be much more evidence to come from the QLD Police who appear to have done such a stellar job so far.) But I'd just like to know if Life means Life in Qld? If it is a l-o-n-g time I think he will 'fall apart' and try to harm himself - to get out of it like a coward or to garner sympathy from someone...anyone. I hate to say that - because his daughters, no matter what he's done, he's still their Dad and will be torn forever on this....how one man can cause such destruction from such blessings....it's a horror story.

LIfe DOES NOT mean life unfortunately. Like you indicate, he could be out in 15 years or so. It would be interesting to know who the trial judge will be, because if it is the same Judge as yesterday, I think it would be pretty good for the prospects of a conviction.

Thanks marlywings. Any chance that you could list the timeline here please? It's very difficult to read even when enlarged.

TIA.

No problemo....

POLICE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST BADEN-CLAY IN HIS BAIL APPLICATIONS.

3rd April - Gerard Baden-Clay emails mistress to say he will be separated by July 1, 2012.

18th April - 10.08pm: Baden-Clay searched "taking the Fifth" online

19th April - 6.30pm: Allison leaves a Kenmore hairdresser ahead of a real estate conference the following day.

19th April - 8.29pm Baden-Clay's mobile phone is connected to charger

19th April - 8.45pm His phone is removed from the charger

20th April - 1.48am The phone is connected to the charger

20th April - 6.18am The phone is removed from the charger

20th April - 7.09am Baden-Clay searches "self-incrimination" on the internet.

20th April - 7.13am Baden-Clay attempted to access the Queensland Police Service home page.

20th April - 7.15am: Baden-Clay calls 000 to report his wife Allison was missing.

21st April - Baden-Clay attended a doctor to have injuries documented.

30th April - Mrs Baden-Clay's body was discovered at Kholo Creek at Anstead, 14km from her home

14th June - Baden-Clay is charged with his wife's murder.

Might be waiting for coroner as well. He/she has ways of making people talk.

Not sure, but I suspect there is no obligation to put ALL of their cards on the table for a bail hearing (it's not the main trial, where they do have to disclose). Note what was said about the blood... (i.e. the prosecution indicated that they didn't need to provide evidence that it was ABCs at this stage, but they indicated that such evidence was indeed available...)

Much evidence is probably available, but strategically it would make sense to make 'just enough' available to deny bail and keep the rest under their hat if they can. Doing otherwise would be helping the defence team.

Exactly!

Wow, I would've thought they would investigate much longer than a day. There was nothing sinister involved in my brother's death other than horrible family genetics. If you suddenly pass away at 22 then there will be investigation into how he died. If you compare him to ABC, I would have thought she would be with the Coroner's office for so much longer. Very strange??? So, if she was released after one day then it must have been visually obvious how she died.

Surely not one day, no way.

I recall reading that they knew pretty much immediately what the cod was..

I agree that they don't have to disclose whatever evidence they have collected, but the autopsy report is also provided to the family, hence his defence would be entitled to have it. The autopsy report is an impartial examination/assessment/conclusion. It is not just for QPS. Hawkins may be able to confirm this?

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the gentlemans agreements?

I am wondering if some of these were from shady characters? Or at least from people who could exert lots of pressure on GBC. Also I don't think bankruptcy would be something that GBC would consider for a couple of reasons not including whatever assertions have been made about him not wanting to be seen as a failure. They include bankruptcy wouldn't stop the gentlemans agreement loans from needing to be paid out if they were not exactly legitmate and GBC wouldn't be able to be a director of a company for a time (if ever).

I remember in one of the earlier threads there was some minor discussion about whether GBC might have loans from bikies or something...I wonder if this was fairly close to the truth?

I thought the same thing in regards to the gentlemens agreement and bankruptcy. I don't think declaring bankruptcy would have any bearing on a gentlemans agreement- as it is not through any formal or legally binding avenue for loan. I have wondered if there had been some pressure or threats made that caused him to act with such stupidity(IMO) as to start proceedings on life insurance claim for Allison before her body had been identified..(I just can't get over that one:waitasec:).. that is the only thing I could think of.. But not saying that is the case, just a thought really.

I'm thinking that... they didn't need to disclose all of their evidence at the bail hearing, only enough to prevent him getting bail...

EXACTLY!!!!!!! And in the meantime ~ Oh boy! Are they (QPS) going to pick up MUCH MORE crucial evidence in the meantime ~ as maybe / would-be / should-be etc. folk who were privy to his shenanigans ~ no matter to what greater or lesser degree ~ POOP in their panties / jocks & run to blurt out everything they know, through sheer fear of ever possibly being implicated in any manner or whatever.

My hat is definitely OFF for the most ASTUTE & BRILLIANT QPS ~ who are so deserving of the GLORY of being in a position to show the 'supposed' legal eagles off. HA HA :)

Fancy formal education doesn't necessarily afford one the TOP RANK in ANYTHING ~ anytime! The most successful people that I know personally, have no university degree as such ... yet have put in a lot of TIME, blood, sweat & tears + sacrificed a lot of luxuries along the way, to be where they are today! << Many now millionaires too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darbs76