Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying.... But I would think that when faced with the prospect of another human being missing presumed murdered that you would have some sort of emotion. Maybe that's just me- but I cry when people I've never met have died let alone the mother of your children- no matter what the current relationship.iMO

Yes, no matter what the state of the relationship is at the time, you should still 'feel' something if the person missing is someone who you once loved very much, and who was such a huge part of your life, aswell as being the much loved mother of your three little girls. He could have at least cried for how this was going to hurt his daughters.

:yourock: Keentoknow - thank you for making and placing the cross at the bridge - it really is a bright yellow beacon - I know I have said it before but indulge me again - thanks for thinking of this lovely gesture. IMO

At some late stage we need to hire a mini bus and get our WS tushies up the coast and have a bbq on the beach near you and give cheers to Allison and WS for bringing us together.

Bumping Fergie's post of 30/5 :bump:

I think Fergie has made some good points here and I have felt for a long time that 2 cars are involved.

yes...I agree that Fergie wrote a great post here..We have talked so much about his wormy ways (caterpillary ways?), but not so much the 'why' he kept doing this to his wonderful, intelligent, loving and clearly attractive wife. IMO I think its highly probable reason that GBC cheated was because Allison knew the real him....and he no longer felt 'special' or superior in her presence. In his eyes, no doubt she made him look and feel bad, it was her fault.
In his egotistical mind, he must find someone who will be in awe of his awesomeness and he must do so post haste!! and when she starts to become less adoring and begin querying or harrassing him in any way, well, he must find someone post haste again to boost his ego!!!!

it reminds me of an old book on star signs I once read. The phrase she used to describe the Aries man was,

"I am back!" he said hotly, "why do you not cheer?"

:yourock: Keentoknow - thank you for making and placing the cross at the bridge - it really is a bright yellow beacon - I know I have said it before but indulge me again - thanks for thinking of this lovely gesture. IMO

At some late stage we need to hire a mini bus and get our WS tushies up the coast and have a bbq on the beach near you and give cheers to Allison and WS for bringing us together.

You are more than welcome to come to Bribie Island. To get over the bridge you must wear yellow. I am in Victoria again at the moment. Home next Thursday. Freeeezing here. We will see what we can do then.

I had wondered if police use canoes in their searches.. It appears from this they do!!!

The massive air and ground search, involving more than 80 police and 50 SES volunteers, continued across the town yesterday, with police divers scouring dams, officers on horseback, and others taking to the fast-flowing waters of Moggill Creek in canoes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t-police-station/story-e6freoof-1226341919352

Bugging. Can police place listening devices in suspects cars and houses? Don't they need to get permission from a judge, or a court order or something? Is anyone in the know?

I think the perception is that bugging is a big deal, it is very common.

You know that saying that "loose lips sink ships", I think the BC's ship is going to be sitting on the bottom of the ocean soon enough.

I feel the same Bayside. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC is called as a witness when this case goes to trial and IMO it will go to trial. Once they have NBC in the witness box he will either refuse to answer questions and will be held in contempt of court which could bring down a hefty fine, jail time or both, or he will perjure himself. The maxiumum penalty for perjury in Qld is life.

http://www.adla.com.au/web/page/qld_law_perjury

Either way Bwanna is between a rock and a hard place without a safety net right now. :moo:

Thats what I think too, but you said it better lol.

That's exactly it!
Couldn't put my finger on why I thought they were bizarre & you have absolutely just hit it on the head.

I'm curious about something... not just regarding this case, but I have always wondered... and another missing woman on the news today has brought it up again.
You know how Allison went missing and it quickly skyrocketed into something more than a missing person case... like, I mean VERY quickly. Then there's the lady Angel1 brought to our attention that has been missing from Warwick {QLD} since July 3rd? First time it's really been on the news is today, the 12th? {Correct me if it has been on before now} Now, they're looking at a her ex for some reason... this is my question... how to the police determine what is high priority and what isn't?

There have been a few times where you'll see on the news that police are enquiring about someone who has now been missing for quite a few days...
Not picking or anything like that... but how do they determine this, especially since they are now talking about this missing woman's ex?
I'm not meaning to go off topic or anything with this...

Can only be because the initial responding police reported something suspicious right away ???

I think the perception is that bugging is a big deal, it is very common.

You know that saying that "loose lips sink ships", I think the BC's ship is going to be sitting on the bottom of the ocean soon enough.

They changed the name of their iPhone to Titanic, it's syncing now! :what:

Can you all keep a secret? 'Cause I was told not to tell anyone.....I received the most beautiful delivery today from darling Wozzle. Flowers and chocolates (both my favourites- lilies and lindt) -as a thank you for placing flowers at the bridge. What a lovely surprise! :)

A lovely surprise which you more than deserve Indro. What you do (and not just once or twice) is more than just a kind gesture. You, in your, unobtrusive, kind hearted and totally natural way, represent every single one of us here that have been touched by Allison's life, and her death, every time you go out there. For the sleuthers who may never get to visit the bridge, it is so so special to know that you have taken a little piece of their love, thoughts, grief or even hope...and left it their for Allison when you place those flowers down.

You are just wonderful xxxxxx
:tyou:

Around second or third page I posted a photo of the OW email...it made me sick looking at it so I deleted my post with that photo in it...then I fiddled in photoshop with it...deleted the original details & added in the children's fund details instead....nawt of me but oh well...lol.

Marlywings, you'll go in the naughty corner!:floorlaugh:

Bumping Fergie's post of 30/5 :bump:

I think Fergie has made some good points here and I have felt for a long time that 2 cars are involved.

The question that I really struggle with is why didn't they leave Allison's car at Kholo Creek Bridge? GBC's story would have been so much more plausible if he said that he went to bed while Allison was watching the Footy Show and he woke in the morning to find her missing. If Allison had a history of depression (this is confirmed by many locals, well known IMO) thanks to GBC and his behavior and infidelities why didn't they leave the car at the bridge and both GBC and NBC return home in the other vehicle so that it looked like Allison drove to the bridge in her car after an argument and jumped off the bridge to commit suicide? The calls that night would have been difficult to explain but the scenario would have been more credible and more difficult to challenge. GBC could have said he woke at night and Allison was gone so he assumed she had gone out or gone to stay with a friend. He would have had a valid reason to call his parents to express his concern but they reassured him and he went back to sleep. As soon as they drove Allison's car back home the whole "story" became implausible. Is this stupidity or did something go wrong such that they could not leave Allison's car at Kholo Creek Bridge?

Then he goes on to say that they have great family support and "Olivia's taking care of us". A bit of a contradiction there.

I only watched this interview once. It seemed like he was trying to sound like a grieving husband and watching his words so they came out right, like people do when they lie - that kind of forced unnatural wording and voice control.

OW looked like she was terrified he'd blow it IMO, she's very nervous all right. Wondering how they appear to the media - NOT worrying about the safety of ABC. No wonder they can't say the right words - they're not feeling or thinking them. And at no stage did either GBC or OW make a direct appeal - they just talked to the reporter like it was a normal interview, not a chance to talk directly to tv viewers. I know if it was me I'd be in that camera's face like a shot, begging the public to help and come forward etc etc. It didn't seem to occur to either of them to do that.

Wish I could watch it again, but I can't stomach it. It makes me feel nauseous looking at that squirrelly expression (you know the one!) and thinking what poor ABC had to endure all her married life.

IMO.

I'm curious about something... not just regarding this case, but I have always wondered... and another missing woman on the news today has brought it up again.
You know how Allison went missing and it quickly skyrocketed into something more than a missing person case... like, I mean VERY quickly. Then there's the lady Angel1 brought to our attention that has been missing from Warwick {QLD} since July 3rd? First time it's really been on the news is today, the 12th? {Correct me if it has been on before now} Now, they're looking at a her ex for some reason... this is my question... how to the police determine what is high priority and what isn't?

There have been a few times where you'll see on the news that police are enquiring about someone who has now been missing for quite a few days...
Not picking or anything like that... but how do they determine this, especially since they are now talking about this missing woman's ex?
I'm not meaning to go off topic or anything with this...

I think the police knew of the DVO's. I thinks its possible that there was a call out the night before which I remember being talked about here, but not in the media.
Somewhere (here I guess, maybe the affidavit?) it was stated that the scratches on his face made them suspicious, because before they had barely got up the driveway, he was quick to explain them, without ever being asked....warning bells would go off it that one were true and I think its fact? sorry I wouldnt even know where to look?

and my personal thoughts I've had from the beginning.. there may have been water pooled around the tires of the cars, indicating he had washed them at some ridiculous hour like 6.30 -7.00 (between cleverly dressing himself and banging a couple of sangas together that is)

Unfortunately, there would be thousands upon thousands of women murdered by their husbands every year, and we never hear a peep about it. They too are probably mums, normal everyday women living normal everyday lives. Maybe GBC's mildly apparent (keyword) success or even the prestigious reputation of Brookfield could have added to the initial media interest, but I think the police that attended the call that morning believed she had been killed already. ( I know that is contrary to Mark Ainsworths 'we dont believe she has met her demise' comment he made early on...but I am learning that this very smart, streetwise man does not give away anything he doesnt need to)

He must be running out of time to lodge an appeal against his denial of bail now...30 days almost gone

there is another video of GBC coming out of the police station with his father. As he comnes out the doors, he looks at the press and gives them the most pathetic, apologetic, sheepish type grimace...its the same one he gives the reporter as he was walking over to her to say he was 'just a little bit hurt'.

He can not pull off a single look of concern EVER. except maybe at the funeral, that looked real. but I think he was hurting for his daughters (ironic that he did this to them huh?).... but we've seen his acting skills, he couldnt pull of tears if he tried

I suppose I better go find the link (sigh)

I only watched this interview once. It seemed like he was trying to sound like a grieving husband and watching his words so they came out right, like people do when they lie - that kind of forced unnatural wording and voice control.

OW looked like she was terrified he'd blow it IMO, she's very nervous all right. Wondering how they appear to the media - NOT worrying about the safety of ABC. No wonder they can't say the right words - they're not feeling or thinking them. And at no stage did either GBC or OW make a direct appeal - they just talked to the reporter like it was a normal interview, not a chance to talk directly to tv viewers. I know if it was me I'd be in that camera's face like a shot, begging the public to help and come forward etc etc. It didn't seem to occur to either of them to do that.

Wish I could watch it again, but I can't stomach it. It makes me feel nauseous looking at that squirrelly expression (you know the one!) and thinking what poor ABC had to endure all her married life.

IMO.

Definitely, his body language gave away so much- swallowing tightly, shaking his head. Twice there was mention of co-operating with the police, that wasn't the question the reporter asked. It seems all so off.

The question that I really struggle with is why didn't they leave Allison's car at Kholo Creek Bridge? GBC's story would have been so much more plausible if he said that he went to bed while Allison was watching the Footy Show and he woke in the morning to find her missing. If Allison had a history of depression (this is confirmed by many locals, well known IMO) thanks to GBC and his behavior and infidelities why didn't they leave the car at the bridge and both GBC and NBC return home in the other vehicle so that it looked like Allison drove to the bridge in her car after an argument and jumped off the bridge to commit suicide? The calls that night would have been difficult to explain but the scenario would have been more credible and more difficult to challenge. GBC could have said he woke at night and Allison was gone so he assumed she had gone out or gone to stay with a friend. He would have had a valid reason to call his parents to express his concern but they reassured him and he went back to sleep. As soon as they drove Allison's car back home the whole "story" became implausible. Is this stupidity or did something go wrong such that they could not leave Allison's car at Kholo Creek Bridge?

I've thought about this myself Fergie, and I came to the conclusion that the idea of Allison committing suicide would be very difficult to believe.

For one thing, a loving mother as Allison was reported to be, would not easily leave her children in the care of a man who could very likely (given his affair with TM) have other children - thus necessitating that any financial and emotional resources GBC had to give the girls would be even more scarce. Very few people would believe this loving mother, no matter how depressed, would kill herself. I suffered extreme depression after I discovered my ex's affair and I wanted the pain to go away...but this is a far cry from actually visualising suicide, let alone going through with the act of killing oneself. I neither visualised the act, nor tried to do myself in and I doubt Allison, who had three beautiful reasons to live, would have even contemplated killing herself...and I think GBC knew noone would believe it either.

Second, even if she was to commit suicide, I think her apparent love for her daughters would have seen her leaving some kind of last 'love letter' to her children. If GBC was going to fake a suicide then he'd have the added problem of faking a note.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member