LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never say it isn't possible but he doesn't seem like the stalking type. He had an interest in the hairdresser but only had been in a handful of times spread out over a long period. Usually stackers form obsessions with people.

He is definitely a monster because it seems certain that he is responsible for Mickey's disappearance but I don't think he is as evil and manipulating as we give him credit for.

CajunStrong, I honor your opinion, but respectfully disagree..

'Brandon Scott Lavergne, portrays the traits and characteristics of a very dangerous sadistical & psychopathic sexual predator in my eyes.

It is obvious that BSL, didn't begin preying on innocent victims at age 33 years old. This is verified by his prior conviction for kidnapping/rape ten years ago of a victim who was an acquaintance.

BSL, served eight years in prison, received Sex Offender Treatment, but used it for only gaining insight into deceiving his Pastor, family, and those charged with monitoring his behavior..
Yet, his deviant behavior has only escalated to trolling and abducting, raping, and murdering an innocent victim; Mickey Schunick, who was only a stranger to him..an object, a possession, a disposable playtoy..

If Brandon Scott Lavergne possessed a conscience, he would have come clean, lead LPD to her remains, and give the Schunick family some peace of mind of knowing... why?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FougeYo6jVc"]Rascal Flatts~ Why - YouTube[/ame]

I think understanding the chain of events would help in finding where he placed her...what do you all think?

Two possible scenarios that I keep tossing around:
House as the crime scene:
If he took Mickey to his house; & crime committed there; including her getting the knife and trying to defend herself then I think that he would have spent more time hiding her afterward on his way to seek medical help in NOLA. At home, he could have taken his time with her and had time to clean up, bandaged his wounds. This scenario would have him more relaxed (IMO) and there would be no reason to panic in disposing of evidence. He could have put her in something he could carry, placed her under his trailer and gone to sleep. If when he woke up his wounds were still bleeding, he could have even waited until dark (8pm or later) before dumping the bike/Mickey/other evidence and heading to NOLA for treatment, arriving around 11pm.
Truck as crime scene:
If the crime and his injuries occurred in his truck, then I think it likely that he disposed of Mickey with less thought and more in haste that same night/early morning. IMO, He would have disposed of Mickey and evidence quickly and as soon as possible following the crime. I think that this scenario lends itself more to panic and quick decisions, based on ease of solution or top of mind convenience, i.e. drop the bike (& Mickey) quickly at Whiskey Bay, take back roads to WB and home and get rid of Mickey somewhere along that route (either to WB or on the final way home that night/morning). If this happened, he would not have been able to self treat and check out his wounds until he got home. And would have been in a hurry to handle these loose ends and distance himself from the area. He would have spent more of the time (during the day on the 19th) to get his truck cleaned in private so that he could take it to NOLA without anyone noticing blood. I think he would have rested some time after getting everything handled. Awoke later in the day on the 19th, still bleeding. Thought about what he should do and made his way to NOLA for treatment.
IMO, I think that he slept after the crime and that is why he arrived in NOLA so late the night of May 19th.

I'm thinking about all of this in an effort to pinpoint where he would have likely left Mickey. Where could she be?

I really do think it is somewhere within a close proximity to his home. Or somewhere on the route home. I really did think he left her with the bike at WB but police seem to have new information that dismisses this theory based on links provided yesterday.

If he kept her until the following morning it could be just about anywhere. Two areas outside if his current home that would be comfort zones would be Prudence Highway and N Brasseaux St. Both prior addresses.

I have an old bicycle in the garage and have thought about reenacting the scenario to see how much force it takes to bend the rim and dislodge the tire. Now, if only I can find a rider...

LMAO. I would offer but ya know just kinda busy :floorlaugh: I was hit on my bike many many years ago. Car didn't stop exiting a parking lot before the sidewalk therefore not going at much of a speed (yes i rode on the sidewalk) I flew off my bike and out to the middle line on the road. Thankfully no vehicles coming. In my case it didn't take much speed to send me flying.

I read those terrible comments. It was awful. Lots of prayers to Dylon's family! Such a sad, sad story.

Yes, me too. There were some good souls who posted kinder, sensitive comments too though. I still haven't seen any confirmation that this was in fact Dylon's body. Prayers go out to Dylon and his loved ones :rose:

Sometimes a little truth can be mixed with lies. He claimed he was visiting a friend and was lost ..so he asked for directions and was attacked. Well..maybe he was visiting a friend in La that night and got lost leaving to go home. He sees Mickey on her bike and tried to ask directions. If she ignored him or said something to get him angry..then he might have lost control and hit her bike . I think i read on here that he had anger management problems growing up..and also look what he did to xwife when he was angry. I think after he hit her bike...everything went out of control. The only thing i don't get are the stab wounds? I don't think a registered sex offender can carry a knife...i'm not sure he would chance being pulled over with a knife in truck?

I really do think it is somewhere within a close proximity to his home. Or somewhere on the route home. I really did think he left her with the bike at WB but police seem to have new information that dismisses this theory based on links provided yesterday.

If he kept her until the following morning it could be just about anywhere. Two areas outside if his current home that would be comfort zones would be Prudence Highway and N Brasseaux St. Both prior addresses.

Does BSL own any other property besides the property where the trailer is located?

CajunStrong, I honor your opinion, but respectfully disagree..

'Brandon Scott Lavergne, portrays the traits and characteristics of a very dangerous sadistical & psychopathic sexual predator in my eyes.

It is obvious that BSL, didn't begin preying on innocent victims at age 33 years old. This is verified by his prior conviction for kidnapping/rape ten years ago of a victim who was an acquaintance.

BSL, served eight years in prison, received Sex Offender Treatment, but used it for only gaining insight into deceiving his Pastor, family, and those charged with monitoring his behavior..
Yet, his deviant behavior has only escalated to trolling and abducting, raping, and murdering an innocent victim; Mickey Schunick, who was only a stranger to him..an object, a possession, a disposable playtoy..

If Brandon Scott Lavergne possessed a conscience, he would have come clean, lead LPD to her remains, and give the Schunick family some peace of mind of knowing why?

Rascal Flatts~ Why - YouTube

I completely agree with you that he is a convicted sex offender. But he has not been convicted in this case yet and a lot of things can change. I have not seen any solid proof that he has ever committed any other crime other than the 1999 conviction.

So many have made statements that he had no friends and was bullied in school when in fact some friends have come forward and stated the opposite. He was apparently non-violent, girls thought he was sweet, he had a lot of friends and girlfriends. He was considered reserved but did get very angry at times but just wouldn't lash out. He seemingly was not bullied but was thought of as someone you don't mess with because he took martial arts classes.

(I cannot post a link to this information as it does not come from a reliable news source but can be obtained easily with some online research.)

Of course this was likely just a facade. And he probably, most likely, is guilty. It really is just a matter of opinion at this point on what is going on in that mind of his. And trust me when I tell you I know as much as anyone about serial killers without actually being one myself.

Does BSL own any other property besides the property where the trailer is located?

I'm really not sure.

One news article reported this:
Though Lavergne's offender profile mentions a Church Point address, he has a post office box in Lawtell and physical address in Swords, located 26 miles northwest of Lafayette.http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120708/NEWS03/120708006/Scott-Lavergne-s-arrest-Mickey-Shunick-case-stuns-hometown

And other reports mentioned that BSL's property (6 miles from where Mickey was last seen) was searched by LE following his arrest.

The reports seem to indicate more than one, but actual addresses of additional property, I have not seen posted.

Maybe someone else has this information.

Could be BSL saw Mickey and Brettly riding together and figured if he made Brettly's bike disappear he'd have a better chance of catching Mickey riding alone.

You know, in the back of my mind, I have always been thinking this. It just seems too odd that a bike disappeared and was found at the cemetary and then she was kidnapped. I am wondering if this was preplanned in the weeks before she was kidnapped. I am also wondering if he knew that she would be headed toward the beginning of the bike path and knew exactly where the most vulnerable place would be. But thinking this way means that he had been stalking her for at least a few weeks and knew her behaviors, plus he stoled the other bike. Maybe he was going to attack her the night he stoled the other bike and wanted her to be alone THAT night but for whatever reason did not get to kidnap her that particular night. Maybe we should look and see if he was onshore/offshore the night the other bike went missing. Is it possible he did know/see Mickey before the night he kidnapped her?

CJ, he arrived at the hospital around 3PM on 05/19/2012..

This is going to sound way out there to some, but imo, BSL may have had help; an associate. Imo BSL was a beta male up & until his conviction and serving in prison. Later he adopted the role of alpha male which requires physical prowess, confidence, and attitude. His associate, more likely a beta male which lacks these traits. An underling with commonalities that BSL could control, yet useful in carring out his evil deeds.

Abductions by sexual predators, have much less to do with sex, than it does about the absolute control over others.

Imo BSL, will not divulge information to authorities due to loosing this control. Once identified, the associate who has this information will reveal it with a little prodding, imo..

Unless Mickey Schunick, met her fate during the initial attack, this is the only plausible explanation in my mind...

Sometimes a little truth can be mixed with lies. He claimed he was visiting a friend and was lost ..so he asked for directions and was attacked. Well..maybe he was visiting a friend in La that night and got lost leaving to go home. He sees Mickey on her bike and tried to ask directions. If she ignored him or said something to get him angry..then he might have lost control and hit her bike . I think i read on here that he had anger management problems growing up..and also look what he did to xwife when he was angry. I think after he hit her bike...everything went out of control. The only thing i don't get are the stab wounds? I don't think a registered sex offender can carry a knife...i'm not sure he would chance being pulled over with a knife in truck?

I don't think a RSO can abduct and murder women either, or burn trucks in Texas, or white out RSO status from their drivers license. I don't think BSL is a big follower of the rules.

I have to disagree with the scenario you've described above. I think, for LE to come right out and state that they believe he was driving around looking for someone to victimize, it definitely looked at such. Otherwise, no need to say it. I don't think this was a random lapse in anger management on his part. I definitely believe he went out looking to do something bad to someone else. What triggered it? I have no theory on that.

I asked Chief Craft about it. He and Paul Mouton said the Duson property was searched.

Lavergne seeks treatment for finger laceration and poison ivy at Opelousas General Hospital. http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general

CS- The reporter's error surprises me... I'm sure you saw the wrong date in the article.

A City Hall security camera captured Shunick on her bike at 1:48 a.m. July 19 on St. Landry Street near University Avenue, about the same time a white Chevrolet Z71 was caught on tape at the intersection traveling in the same direction.

Interesting about the poison ivy (if accurate). Searchers need to look for areas near water with poison ivy close by. Of course that probably describes most of Louisiana in the summer.

Added an additional thought about 2nd hospital visit: The cut to his finger may have been more severe than first thought, or scar tissue (given the fact that he has a tendency to keloid) may have been a complication that needed remedy. Wonder what the date was for the OG visit.

I don't want to aggravate anyone I just think we need to give at least some reasonable doubt until we see all evidence. Even if it is just 1% reasonable doubt.

I have been sure of his guilt since day one but am trying to open up my mind a little and at least consider he isn't the devil we all claim he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH