IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood her to say the man they spoke to said he saw the girls on their bikes at 2:30! Please correct me if I misunderstood.

exact quote :) love DVR "the last they were seem was 11:30 a.m. when they told mom they were going on the bikeride, that was the last time they were for sure seen, now it's gone onto, it's getting cloe to being quarter to three we stop at meyers lake, i said mom drive me to meyers lake. I had elizabeth's older bother whose 12, kelly, with us and I just jumped out and started asking random strangers 'have you seen 2 little girls' gave them the description, colors of the bike, and possibly what they were wearing. and um, one man stepped forward and said 'yes i seen them going east on the bike trail about 2:30. whether he is telling the truth or not, they do have his name, i don't know, whether he's a person of interest, i don't know. but the girls bike did trail around and ended up on the southside of the lake by the interstate which would be 380"

Almost like lyric's mom is tryin tooo hard to come off normal?...the way she smiles and even fussed with her hair at one point. I'm not trying to criticize and I realize there's no manual for how one should act in this situation....just a little odd to me, IMO.

I agree, I would be out of my mind!!!

The Aunt also said the girls were taught "stranger danger" quite well...

aunt asked a little boy that was there fishing and was there " a long time" and didnt see the girls....

Was little boy fishing. Boy said he had not seen the girls.

Does not know if what the man said about seeing them at 2:30 is telling the truth.

Lyric's mom said she could see her daughter getting in the lake. Would she swim? Absolutely! *again, nonchalantly*

Yes, and I believe the family (especially the aunt who seems super involved) over the news reports. CRAZY! That is a huge difference in a matter of a couple miles :waitasec:

Changes the entire scenario. It also makes it more troubling that they weren't noticed to be missing until over two hours later.

:(

MOO

bikes were "laying neatly" and purse was "set down", not thrown. No sign of struggle.

Police processing bikes looking for finger prints & dna.

If Grandma last saw them at 11:30 and if someone saw Elizabeth and Lyric at 2:30, they would have been gone on their bikes for three hours. I have to wonder about an 8 yr old and a 10 yr old being gone for three hours on a bike ride.

She is traumatized and in shock....
Been there and done that.
I get where you're coming from, that's why I said "I realize there's no manual for how someone would act" and ended with IMO.

Is East the opposite direction of where they live?

I think "east" is referencing the direction they were riding around the trail. From my understanding, the trail runs around the lake. Riding one way would take you east, the other would take you west....but both are just going round and round the trail.

The mom is so relaxed. The Dad should take a polygraph..JMO

If Grandma last saw them at 11:30 and if someone saw Elizabeth and Lyric at 2:30, they would have been gone on their bikes for three hours. I have to wonder about an 8 yr old and a 10 yr old being gone for three hours on a bike ride.

And then whatever happened to them would have to been between 2:30 and 2:45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea