IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth's mother called LE at 2PM per Aunt Tammy

But before the aunt came on, didn't Lyric's mother say her mother (the grandmother) called her as she was leaving work at 2:00 and asked her to come and help her (Grandma) look for the girls?

The mothers say they never go far from home and never more than 20 to 30 minutes. This is an article somewhere

Yes, I know. That's why I'm wondering about this 11:30 - 2:30 timeline. It seems as odd as the 12:15 - 12:27 timeline to me.

they did think of the lake awful quick w/o knowing the bikes were there. Not sleuthing the family, just curious as to why they thought of the lake.

I don't see many places for kids that age to go around that area. It seems like a logical place to look in my mind.

Will someone please confirm -

Did Grandma and Aunt Tammy go looking for the girls at the lake? Or was Misty there also?

But before the aunt came on, didn't Lyric's mother say her mother (the grandmother) called her as she was leaving work at 2:00 and asked her to come and help her (Grandma) look for the girls?

I thought that was what I heard, but at this point I'm really confused on the timeline. Also, when I think about what I would do in this situation.....Number 1 is look for the girls....but how would I know to look for them at the lake area. Also, one of those guests said they called the cops and then went to the lake and questioned whoever they saw. I would have looked first then called cops when I found out people had seen the kids but I could find no trace of them. Its just weird.

Misty and Daniel - Lyric's parents

mom was at work, gas station, gma called and said she couldn't find the girls.

bikes discovered abt 4pm. purse and cell phone abt 20ft away

when dad got there, abt 5pm, dad has no idea how bikes were positioned. bikes were going west on trail. dad didn't know purse was 20ft away. dad says they haven't received any updates.

Wonder which gas station she works at? In Evansdale or Waterloo?

size 9 purple flip-flops. believe had diamonds across the top, that go over the foot. That's the only shoe missing right now.

Mom saw her in a bright green shirt, not sure what she wore after that. Elizibeth has black high-tops w/ pink on them.

BBM: WTH does that mean? That they have found "a" flip flop? :waitasec:

they did think of the lake awful quick w/o knowing the bikes were there. Not sleuthing the family, just curious as to why they thought of the lake.

Despite my earlier thoughts that it was a rural dirt road and unpopulated lake, based on the Aunt's interview I would venture to guess the lake is somewhat of a hang out spot. Plus someone else from the family stated that the girls had taken the trip several times, which would indicate this wasn't their first time riding on the trail.
I think they were looking any and everywhere the girls ride their bikes.

when they search at 2:45, stopped at meyer's lake, told mom (grandma) to drive into meyer's lake. Aunt started asking random strangers if they seen the girls. One man stepped forward and said he saw them "going east on the bike trail". Doesn't know if this man is a person of interest. Girls did travel along lake and ended up by 380. <---synopsis of what aunt said

WOW

So I am going to assume Lyric's mom Misty was still at work and Grandma and Aunt Tammy went looking at the lake.

Tammy. aunt. aunt did not see how bikes were placed. man said he saw girls going east. heather was one to call police to report them missing. police got there and started searching the trails, driving on trails, and found bikes. does not know how they were placed.

lyric did not have cell phone with her, but does have one.

Aunt Tammy did not see how the bikes were placed! Dad didn't either when he got there at 5, right? So who said they were laying down neatly and purse was set down not tossed????

exact quote :) love DVR "the last they were seem was 11:30 a.m. when they told mom they were going on the bikeride, that was the last time they were for sure seen, now it's gone onto, it's getting cloe to being quarter to three we stop at meyers lake, i said mom drive me to meyers lake. I had elizabeth's older bother whose 12, kelly, with us and I just jumped out and started asking random strangers 'have you seen 2 little girls' gave them the description, colors of the bike, and possibly what they were wearing. and um, one man stepped forward and said 'yes i seen them going east on the bike trail about 2:30. whether he is telling the truth or not, they do have his name, i don't know, whether he's a person of interest, i don't know. but the girls bike did trail around and ended up on the southside of the lake by the interstate which would be 380"

Why does the aunt automatically doubt the man?

Lyric's mom and dad on JVM now... I am still uncomfortable with how comfortable the mom is during this interview... smiling... doesn't seem worried. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

It is odd to me as well.

She is traumatized and in shock....
Been there and done that.

People in shock are not as articulate as she is. They may not be flailing about, nor crying, shaking or screaming, but they tend to be confused and in a state of unreality:
The symptoms show great variation but typically include an initial state of "daze", with some constriction of the field of consciousness and narrowing of attention, inability to comprehend stimuli, and disorientation.
This state may be quickly followed by either further withdrawal from the surrounding situation (to the extent of a dissociative stupor), or by agitation and overactivity, anxiety, impaired judgement, confusion, detachment, and depression. Autonomic signs of panic anxiety (tachycardia, sweating, flushing) are also commonly present.
The symptoms usually appear within minutes of the impact of the stressful stimulus or event, and disappear within 2&#8211;3 days (often within hours). Partial or complete amnesia for the episode may be present.
Acute stress reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I went into shock as a child due to a trauma. No way would someone in psychological shock act the way this mom did. She actually snickered when Jane pointed out how strong she was being - grinned, laughed and flipped her hair.

likely on a tranquilizer

I am also very familiar with tranquilizers. She has none of the signs of someone who is on one - at least none of the signs of someone who has taken enough to be clam in the face of great trauma or fear.

That being said, I think it is very clear that this family are victims. Mom of Lyric was at work. Dad apparently was as well.

Both kids were with grandma when they went missing. To believe that mom's reactions show consciousness of guilt would be to believe that dad, mom, grandma and the parents of the other child, are all in on it, as well as possibly the aunt. That either all of them conspired to harm the girls or all of them are conspiring to cover up what one of them did.

That makes no sense.

I find the mom's reactions very odd but maybe she is simply telling herself that they are okay and will be coming back. Maybe she is in hardcore denial.

Bottom line though, the facts indicate there is no way they are involved. They are victims.

So the timeframe was pushed back a bit and we still don't have a confirmed last sighting time yet. I hope they clarify. It would seem strange to me if they were away and out of sight of the house for 3+ hours of bike riding on a hot day.

Oh, and I also hope they aren't in that lake. That would be truly horrific :(

It is possible that they decided to go for a swim and had an accident of some sort. It does happen.

And don't forget the fishing boy who says he didn't see the girls.

True, but that lake looked big. Is it possible that a person on one side of the lake would never see someone on the other side?

That's the same timeline I come up with :banghead: They don't know if the man was telling the truth (not sure why they would doubt him???)....

Marc Klaas was on JVM and stated we should be careful about casting suspicion on people who provide info or tips. I agree. I don't know why they wouldn't believe him and if people who provide info are going to be immediately looked at as suspicious, people will stop getting involved.

Unless their bodies are right there somewhere, and had just been killed, it is doubtful that the perp would still be there too, giving people false info. IMO.

And that conflicts with what was said previously about gma looking from 2-3 and then calling LE at 3.

How do we know what is right? Here is a news report repeating that the girls were last seen at 12:15 p.m. http://www.riehlworldview.com/carni...sing-1100-searchers-frustrated-as-famili.html

But it also has a flyer in the article stating they were last seen around 2:00 p.m. On JVM, I heard the aunt and mom state that the girld were reported missing around 2:00 p.m. or so and that by 3:00 p.m. the police were swarming the area.

Isn't this super important? Shouldn't we know the exact times by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare